When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. @2x Retina pixel preview needed

Designing for high resolution displays is still cumbersome in Illustrator as there is no pixel-preview for retina displays. Please add an option to preview artwork as it displays on high resolution monitors.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance, Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make the corner widget automatically disappear in small objects

Sometimes when I'm editing small shapes, I accidentally click and drag the corner widgets and end up rounding the object's edges instead of transforming their size. I believe that when it comes to small objects it doesn't make sense to have the corner widget visible as it is not possible to have precision in the rounding of the edges, so it would make sense to make it disappear automatically. This could be related with zoom levels, so when I zoom in that small object, the widgets reapper.

I know that it is possible to disable them, but they are quite…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance, Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Apple M1 Compatibility #1 feature request!

Please compile AI for Apple M1, this is ridiculous. Only app on my Mac that is not native.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance, Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. NO consistency between products

In Illustrator zoom is with "cmd+scroll" while in most other products/programs (e.g. Acrobat reader) the combination is "ctrl+scroll". This would be nice if it would be consistent in all products!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Lagg, slowdown and crashing.

Illustrator starts lagging all the time on my a brand new, fully upgraded MacBook Pro. It also crashes almost every day. It's embarrassing that Adobe are charging for a software that barely works. Especially when competitors like Figma is free and also feels like 10 years ahead overall. Solve this or I will end my subscription for good.

/Arvid Johansson

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix synch with Google Drive

Fix the software to be able to save files to Google Drive. Currently if I save over an existing file hosted on Google Drive the new version does not save (if I quit the software, then try and open the file, only the original save/creation file loads, not the most recent version, which results in the loss of work).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance, Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please optimize the performance of illustrator as whole, panning & zooming on macOS.

Adobe UI experience is like you are remotely connect to a computer and using illustrator on it. Frustrating...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a plugin manager on start up

A simple plugin Manager on start up would be helpful. Maybe hold down the Space bar on Startup that gives you an option to enable or disable, any third party or memory hungry plugins.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance, Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Remove "Move" limitation from Transform Each & Transform Effect

When moving items via "Transform Each", objects are limited to moving 55.555". However, when moving objects with Move (Object - Transform - Move), no such limitation exists (Issue is prevalent in V24.0.1, 23 & CS6)
    The same limit exists for Transform Effect.
    My request is for the removal of this limitation to allow for accurate artwork creation.

Issue is documented and verified here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/transform-each-move-limitation/m-p/10904659?page=1#M164826

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Update links manually

Illustrator is constantly reading linked files, checking for changes. This is normally not a problem, but when the network is slow for any reason (like if you're working remotely over VPN) AI becomes unusable. Simple text changes become an ordeal as every time you switch tools or click anywhere, you have to wait for a minute or two as the links do... whatever they're doing. A simple panel-level option to turn off automatic link updates would make working remotely (which some say is the way of the future) much less painful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance, Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. multicore useage

I'm surprised to see that AI doesn't take advantage of multiple-cores. Can we do something about this? Even viewing in wireframe mode doesn't seem to speed things up by much. Or perhaps AI can take better advantage of the GPU??

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support for Radeon VII (eGPU) in mac OS Catalina

Allow illustrator GPU performance to support the AMD Radeon VII graphics card in an eGPU enclosure. I use the GPU to accelerate my performance on a larger 5k 32" monitor and it would be really useful if Illustrator could make use of the GPU.

I have attached my current system info. This request follows from a community support request https://community.adobe.com/t5/Illustrator/Adobe-Illustrator-CC-2019-slow-amp-not-using-eGPU-radeon-VII-in/m-p/10658436#M147405

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SLOW

Running a BRAND NEW iMac Pro purchased this week. Almost $10k.
    Even the simplest things like scrolling the workspace causes a lag.
    This is insanely ridiculous that Adobe has not made their software to make use of new hardware. I read the comment below, where your support team said this is not a generic issue that can be replicated. From googling this issue, it has been a problem for over 2 years on all new machines. That is the definition of generic if it is happening to everyone. It happens on all applications that I use, PS, and LR. From…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bring the "Enhance Thin Lines" On/Off Option Back Again

You have this option on your 2017 version on GPU Performance Tab. On 2018 and 2019 versions, this is not included and it frustrates me as it shows thicker lines instead of actual line thickness.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make circles round again please please please!!!

Check my video and try it yourself. Amazing is it not?

---> draw a circle, set coordinates straight, copy and paste in place, rotate any degree from the middle, zoom in, tadaaaaaa... flawless accuracy adobe!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance, Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Illustrator CC often crash if GPU Performance is enabled on Macbook Pro Touch Bar 2016

Actually, turn it off will solve the issue, but sluggish zoom in/out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to Set Scratch Disks on Startup

Our users need to change their Scratch Disk settings from the default Startup to a different drive in order for Illustrator to work correctly in our environment. This is more problematic now since our Mac Pro's have small SSDs. The fact that users have to launch Illustrator, navigate to preferences, change this setting, and then relaunch Illustrator before the Scratch Disk settings take effect is irritating. Unfortunately, in our environment this setting does not stick, so every time our users log in to a different computer they need to make this change.

Please add a feature, similar to Photoshop's OPT…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Better performance over networks by automatically copying files locally...

We store all our files on a network drive. Now I know that illustrator performance improves if I copy the network files locally before opening them in illustrator, but this is a major pain because I have to copy them back afterwards and if there are linked assets involved it becomes too much having to verify that all the links are pointing to the correct location.

It would be nice if AI had an option to do this copying automatically so that all non-local files that are opened are copied first into a temporary local directory and then saved back…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Shift + click on menu items (File, Edit, Object, etc) w/o closing menu after click

Whenever I use the menu items (File, Edit, Object, Text, Select, Effects, View, etc) sometimes you go into a submenu, and select one option, e.g:
    1. Go to View Menu
    2. Select Perspective Grid sub-menu
    3. Select Hide guides
    4. Go to View Menu (again)
    5. Select the Perspective Grid sub-menu (again)
    6. Find and click my option (eg. "Snap to guides")

Now if I could for example "shift+click" to keep the menus open after the click:
    1. Go to View Menu
    2. Select Perspective Grid sub-menu
    3. Shift+click "hide guides"
    4. Click "snap to grid" (without shift when I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Adding gizmo feature in the 3d options

It would be nice if the scale, move, rotate gizmo would be added as an option. As we have in dimension. I found that it is more user friendly than the existing panel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base