Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests
When entering a new feature request, please provide:
- Description
- Why is this valuable to you?
434 results found
-
Recent fonts button in character panel
We can disable the recents fonts list in the character panel by making the number of recent fonts 0 in preferences panel. While working it always changes if you need to see recents fonts or not. I suggest to put a "show recent fonts" button the top of the character panel, near the "show recently added", "show activated fonts" buttons. The name of button can be "Show recents fonts". It is that simple. And we again can define the number of recent fonts from preferences panel.
2 votes -
Do not change the order of characters in the Glyphs panel
Problem Description:
If I've highlighted a character, and choose a different variation of that character in the Glyphs panel, the newly chosen variation moves to the left of the glyphs, changing the order of all the glyphs. This is really annoying. If, instead of the order of the glyphs changing, the blue highlight just moved on to the selected glyph, that would be far less confusing.Steps to Reproduce:
1. Select a character in some text
2. Open the Glyphs panel to see the variations of that character
3. Select a different variationActual Result:
The ordering of the variations…2 votes -
Keyboard command for "Find and Replace" Text or ability to add a Keyboard Shortcut.
In Adobe Illustrator: Why is there not a keyboard command to bring up the "Find and Replace" dialog box or the ability to add your own Keyboard Shortcut to do this?
2 votes -
Tabs panel doesn't work well with multiple-area text
Draw a pair of text areas side-by-side (e.g., a two-page spread). Link them and fill with placeholder text. Open the Tabs panel.
The Tabs panel wants to be the width of both columns if you click the "Position Panel above Text" magnet icon. This probably means that much of it is shooting off-screen in one direction or another, as I would typically zoom in to work with a single column of text at a time.
Go somewhere in the second area and type a line like:
"foo bar stuff"
with tabs between the words. My desire is to have the…2 votes -
Tab between textboxes
Easy "tab" or jump beetween empty textboxes for faster fill-ins. Custormer name, project number etc.
2 votes -
Accents / Diacritics accessibility
i'm using Illustrator and I need to type in Portuguese/Spanish so i need to use accents like áàê
Everywhere else on Mac OS if I long press the key I get an accent pop up, like this:
In Illustrator, this never shows up.
I know there are workarounds (glyphs window, other mac shortcuts and keyboard viewer) but none of those is practical.
That accent pop up is shown everywhere else in the system except for Illustrator, which is very frustrating2 votes -
remove trailing whitespace
I would like to be able to remove trailing whitespace from images in Illustrator. I would use InDesign but I want to be about to use the flexibility of artboards in illustrator.
2 votes -
Drag .otf or .ttf file into illustrator and it appears as a lorum ipsum text box on your artboard
Not sure if this is possible but how great would it be if you could drag a .otf or .ttf file (font) into illustrator and it automatically processed as a lorum ipsum text box.
2 votes -
Can't scroll through fonts and have text change while scrolling anymore...?
I am not sure why this feature changed but I use a lot of different fonts in my industry and its great to be able to scroll through fonts and have text change while scrolling so I can see what they look like without having to click on each font to see how the text looks. This will take forever now. Is this a bug or a feature you will be fixing?
2 votes -
The ability to select a vertical row within text to change color or make it bold.
The ability to select a vertical row within text to change colors or style.
We design a lot of restaurant menus, brochures, TV menus, and currently to make the items and prices have its own color or style, we either duplicate and erase items/prices to change color and style (bold for e.g.), or we change each line manually (which takes some time).
Wish to see this in Illustrator soon.
Thanks
2 votes -
縦書きから横書きへ変形比率をワンクリックで
縦書きから横書きに変更したりした後、文字の変形を縦と横の比率%をワンクリックで入替えたいです。
2 votes -
Text Grammar Correction
Text Content Correction
spell mistake correction2 votes -
Path Text when using pattern as a shadow
When using pattern (for example, striped) as a shadow, text should take the angle of the letters.
Currently, this takes over the angle of the pattern.2 votes -
Please allow fonts to be found by typing in the name in the drop down list.
Please go back to allowing fonts to be found by typing in the name into the drop down menu.
2 votesThis is exactly what Illustrator allows already.
In fact, it allows two ways you can toggle, using the 'looking glass' icon at the left of the Font Family input: 'Search Entire Font Name' or 'Search First Word only'.
Perhaps it got changed for you?
Anyway — if it does not behave like it should — please log a separate bug request about this in the proper forums’ section.
-
Allow text on linked files to be editable (just as it happens in embed)
When I embed a PSD file into Illustrator, it preserves the layers and also the text boxes, allowing me to edit the text. However, if the file is liked, Illustrator converts all text to pixels, which can cause various problems when printing. It would be great to be able to keep the text as vectors, even if not editable. But rasterizing all text just because the file is liked is a big problem.
2 votes -
Variable font substitution (with different number of axis)
I get a crash when: Having a 3-axis variable font used in a document, I close the file and delete the font from my system . Then I open the file and try to substitute that missing font by another with a different number of axis. Boom.
I guess the perfect behaviour here would be to ignore the extra axis or use a neutral value for axis added after substitution.
Thanks!
2 votes -
In multi-column text box, Page Break command does not work
When I make a Area Type Text Box with Many Columns Page Break [return key] does not work.
2 votes -
Variable Fonts in Paragraph/Character Styles
This may well be planned already, but I would love to be able to edit variable font axes inside the paragraph style dialogue. This would be very valuable in keeping things consistent.
2 votes -
InCopy Assignments
Just as InDesign lets designers can assign InCopy assignments to text blocks, can the same functionality be done for Illustrator?
2 votes -
Cannot copy paste text from Illustrator generated PDF's
To reproduce the issue:
Create an Illustrator file
Create a new text frame, type anything and set font to Stratos (OTF) (as available from Adobe Fonts)
Export PDF through "Export for screens"
Trying to copy paste text failsThe issue occurs more precisely with characters that have glyphnames like uniXXXX.
Almost all characters in Stratos have uniXXXX names, even though they are present in the
AGL. So "A" has "uni0041" as glyphname.
We were under the assumption that uniXXXX glyph names were accepted.
The issue only seems to occur with .otf fonts.See the two attached PDF's for
251119-Stratos-ttf.pdf will…1 vote
- Don't see your idea?