1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

390 results found

1. Add an option to customize the strikethrough or underlined text

How is it possible that there are still no options to customize the strikethrough or underlined text???
    On the internet I found posts and requests dating back even 10 years ago??? O.O

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please add Illustrator option to maintain text color

Could you please add an option for us to keep the color we chose for the text in an illustrator file we're currently working on?

Meaning: Say I am writing text in a file, but I want separate text boxes and I want to keep the same color, rather than Illustrator defaulting back to black or whatever color was set as default in the preferences.

I'd like to be able to check a box to keep the color I am using for the text rather than having to go back to the color and subsequently the default sizes set in…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Identify Newly Installed Fonts in Adobe Illustrator

Problem:

Managing large font collections in Adobe Illustrator can be challenging, especially when installing new fonts. With hundreds or even thousands of fonts, identifying recently added ones becomes a tedious task, often requiring manual scrolling and searching through the entire font menu.

Proposed Solution:

Implement a feature in Illustrator that allows users to easily identify newly installed fonts. Here are two potential options:

Filter by Install Date: Add a sorting option within the font menu that displays fonts by their installation date. This would allow users to quickly see the most recently added fonts at the top of the list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow users to change the default Area Type Options

I prefer to have 'x Height' as a First Baseline, instead of current default 'Ascent'.

I assume other users would like to change something else, like having 'Auto Size' always enabled from the beginning, or have a different vertical alignment (when will you rename it from the wrong 'Horizontal' to the correct 'Vertical'?! — vote here: http://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447/suggestions/45711817)

I tried different ways to make these parameters hold — updating Paragraph styles, changing document profiles... it always defaults to these.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Order of Text Appearance

Adobe Illustrator, it would be greatly appreciated if the text appearance is adjusted to have "Fill" placed above " Outline color" when adding a new fill.

This change would be particularly beneficial for users like myself who frequently use stroke attributes, especially for creating outlined text.

Please consider this request, and thank you for your attention.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option-Arrow should move the cursor across words, not kern

Everywhere else on a Mac, Option-arrow moves the cursor right or left across entire words. On Illustrator, it kerns letter pairs. Illustrator already uses Shift-Command-[ and Shift-Command-] for kerning, so it is stupid to override the standard Mac behavior with duplicate functionality that is not only rarely used, but also exists in the Character palette.

I know that, inexplicably, Illustrator supports Command-arrow for skipping across words, but it does it incorrectly. Not only does this method skip across the word, it also skips across the following space instead of the preceding space. The exception to this is if a word…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to disable centre point on text box

With Area Type, if I use the text tool to highlight a word (for example, if I want to embolden the word), if I catch the centre point of the text box in the wrong way, Illustrator will assume that I want to create a new text box, which I don't. I know I can manually disable the centre point via the Attributes panel, but I need to set the centre point to OFF by default, and to my knowledge there is no way of doing this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option+Arrow to duplicate and move text

Please bring back the ability to duplicate and move text with the Option+Arrow keys. It was an incredibly handy feature. I used it all the time and it has been sorely missed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow the bullet behavior to be turned ON or OFF

I would very much like to have the option to turn the Bullet behavior ON or OFF. - Part of why I use Illustrator as much as I do is that I like to have complete control of my design. I use InDesign in a very limited, specific way, even with book layout, i.e. TOC & pagination. - For example, I'm trying to make headers for a short PDF and I can't add numbers before my headers without loosing control of the styling. They've been gobbled up by the bullet functionality and I can't even change the color. I can't…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make Check Spelling work in Finnish

I have searched for answers in community and tried all the suggestions.
    At least English, Spanish and Swedish spell checking is working.

I have changed the language to Finnish in preferences hyphenation settings, character styles, paragraph styles and in the written text box. Spell check finds no words and automated check also does nothing.

Mac Ventura 13.2.1 (22D68)
    Illustrator 28.3

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to Make Working Font Files

I want to be able to make a usable font in illustrator without having to use Fontforge or another similar non-Adobe application.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Set Default Font and Font Size for all new documents

Changing the default character style in Illustrator should be permanent when creating new documents. Font size 12 is rarely used for any project I've designed, and Myriad Pro is used even less so, from my experience. Having to change this every time is user friction that is unnecessary, when we could define our own font and font size that is more applicable to one's intended use of Illustrator. It's a minor inconvenience that adds up to an annoyance over time, and I hope that in the future we have the ability to skip this step.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The intended way of setting a default font is to edit document profiles. These files are located in folders like 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2023\Support Files\Required\New Document Profiles\[language]\' on Windows and 'Macintosh HD > Applications ▸ Adobe Illustrator 2020 > Support Files > New Document Profiles > [language]' on Macs.

Make a copy of the one you want to use someplace else, open it in Illustrator, make your changes, replace the original and then use it when creating a new file.

There are many tutorials on the web about managing these, like this one: https://productivista.com/new-document-profiles-saves-your-default-settings/

However, this way indeed is not the most discoverable. Please continue to vote and leave comments if you want this to be improved.

13. Break link to paragraph style

Simple option to break a bit of text from paragraph style. Just like we can in InDesign.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Opentype + Glyphs UI Menu Preview

While the UI for Opentype is appreciably better than Indesign, there are still a few hinderances in the UI that make it painfully difficult to use and limits functionality. This could solved in one (hopefully easy) solution: PREVIEW TYPOGRAPHIC FEATURES

THE PROBLEM:
    Currently, you have to click the stylistic set to open a dropdown menu, once you’ve clicked a style, the dropdown disappears. To see another style you need to open the dropdown menu again and deselect the previous style you just selected. Open the dropdown menu again, and then select the next style.

THE SOLUTION:
    Opentype and Glyphs panels…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Can't undo Auto bullets

If I undo the bullets (which came automatic after space bar) the letter disappear.

For example: I can't use (-) at front of text with 1 spacebar.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Multilingual Spell check needed for multilingual package design.

I am a package designer. Our company fully committed away from English only packaging to "3L," using English, French and Spanish. Sometimes, we do 8L for emerging markets. When we review our packaging, and before film release, we use Spell Check in our routine. However, it is cumbersome to find English misspellings, when Spell Check spends so much time identifying French and Spanish as misspelled English words. Plus, it would be nice to catch a misspelled French or Spanish word, just in case our translation service team made a mistake. We'd not know because we are not native speakers. With…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Auto synchronised text boxes for copy

Have two or more separate text boxes synchronise to the same text when either one is edited.

When creating numerous different sized online banner advertisements, each with multiple copy variations, it would be beneficial if I could synchronise the copy of one across all creative versions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Find / Replace font... to include adjusting font and text size

I would like to see a capability added to the find/replace font... feature to include finding and replacing text sizes throughout a document. I make a lot of repetitive text throughout many artboards and sometimes I have to adjust the text size of a particular font. In addition I sometimes have mixed fonts in a textbox and have to adjust the size of one or a few of them separately without changing the size of the other fonts. That would be a super time-saving feature too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Auto Optical size

Please add auto optical size for variable fonts with opsz axes similar to Adobe InDesign automapping:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/using-fonts.html#automap

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?