1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

521 results found

1. create a offset path preset.

I typically use the same 2 offset path sizes .125 and .0625 there needs to be a way to save these presets so I dont need to manually type them each time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The intended way to do presets like this is to record an action, as per the comment.

Open Actions panel, create a new one, select a basic temporary shape, run Offset Path command, enter the value you need, commit, stop the action recording. Now you can run the action to automatically offset the selection.

2. Eyedropper tool picks up and applies object size: height, width, or both.

I am constantly resizing vector objects to fit over clipped images, to make Spot UV objects, and it would be great if I could just eyedropper the image, rather than opening transform, copying, clicking the shape, pasting. Seems simple until you do it a lot. Adding this to eyedropper seems simpler.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Guidelines for artboards and transformation options

You should be able to have a ruler for every artboard you work on (with an option to turn it on or off).
    Also, artboard should have their own guidelines, that does not extend beyond bleeding area of the artboard. These guidelines should copy automatic to the new artboard when you copy the artboard with Option-Drag.
    Also, when selectable, the Guideline should have the transform options in transform panel (a rotation and size would be an excellent option)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Include warp envelope anchors and handles in preference setting

When using the warp tool and envelope distort, the anchors and handles are too small and difficult to target. I think it would make sense to have these obey the same preference as the general anchors and handles.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hold shift when selecting Arrowheads in Stroke pane.

Hold shift when selecting arrowheads from the stroke pane, to apply the same arrowhead to both ends of the stroke.

I work for a sign company and need to supply my clients with diagrams and measurements with all my proofs. It's painful having to scroll down twice all the time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Restore previous default Stroke alignment to center, or add a preference option for default alignment.

The default stroke alignment used to be centered in previous versions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Easier way to do charts and graphs

PLEASE come up with an EASY and SEAMLESS way to export excel charts into Adobe Illustrator! Please! I have over 153 bar and pie charts I have to create from a pivot table in excel, which is arduous and time consuming. The chart feature in Illustrator is awful and confusing to use as well. I’ve been doing charts the same way for years by copy/pasting from excel into illustrator and having to remove about 10,000 clipping paths. Surely there is something you can that will make it easier to do charts. An extension? Maybe play nice with the @micsrosoft developers?…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. shortcut for fidelity

Hi there. I use illustrator for my digital whiteboard animation / videoscribe. It all works well. but I like to switch from low to high fidelity depending if I am drawing characters, or buildings or inanimate objects.
    I think a short cut key to put it up and down would be really useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add support for linear arrays when copying.

I'd like to propose that support be added for linear arrays when copying, similar to how it's done in Sketchup (https://tinyurl.com/y9ye5r9a):

When copying an object by holding down the ctrl key, after releasing the mouse, typing in "x3" will result in 3 copies. Likewise, typing in "/3" will repeat the copy but in 1/3 increments. This would be great for rotations and scaling as well.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide ability to use polygon tool from the corner of the bounding box

Most shapes in Illustrator (e.g. the ellipse and rectangle tools) draw from the corner by default or from the centre when holding Option/Alt, but the polygon tool doesn't provide this option.

When using the polygon tool, holding the Option/Alt key should switch to dragging from the corner of the bounding box, which would make it much easier to draw a polygon of a specific height (allowing the user to lean on features like Smart Guides for alignment).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Illustrator or Photoshop for digital drawing??

I am a digital artist. I didn't see a thread about difference between this two software , and it seemed like no one has given their impressions on this oftware so I wanted to put together something quick to kickstart a discussion or something.

Illustrator is a vector based application and Photoshop is an image editor. That means Photoshop works with pixels and Illustrator does not. Illustrator drawings can be scaled and printed at any size without loss of image quality. The lines are very clean and sharp, which is great for logo design and illustration. Photoshop drawings can be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be helpful if you could make the color of pen tool handles distinguishable from the anchor color, even just a slight difference.

It would be helpful if you could make the color of pen tool handles distinguishable from the anchor color, even just a slight difference would be helpful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Blend shapes or lines along a curved path, like a "spline".

Type can be arranged along a custom curved path. Why not blends? As it is now, if I want to arrange repeating vertical lines along a curved horizontal path, I have to: create the blend in a straight line, then: line by line, go along the blend cutting off bits to match the curved horizontal baseline. I can make it look decent, but it takes quite a while.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. always create spines for blends

When you create a blend between two or more closed paths, Illustrator automatically generates a blend spine that you can edit.

But when your blend involves at least one open path, suddenly Illustrator decides you don't need a spine. If you want one, you have to draw an approximation of the spine you figure your blend would have, probably move it around a lot to put the blend where you want it because you guessed wrong as to where Illustrator thought the center of the paths in your blend would be, and then finally do the blend spine tweaking you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. change stroke color of custom brush

I've downloaded a few custom brushes & their colors don't change. They're black, that's it, no matter what stroke color I choose in the palette. I don't like having to expand their appearance just to change their color. In a few projects that I'm working on, I want to be able to try a few different brushes in the color that I like (and be able to change that color, too) + at any point that I wish to change that brush again in the future & maintain that color. You get it. Hoping this is a simple thing the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Live Corners should be more live

It's too easy to "break" a live corner in Illustrator.

Compare how resilient a live corner is in Sketch versus in Illustrator. In Sketch, the original anchor point is available for manipulation no matter the corner rounding value.

In Illustrator, translating a rounded corner in any way is highly likely to expand it to a raw bezier curve.

Thus in Illustrator, if you want to edit your path at all, the best practice is actually to reduce all corner rounds to zero before making any edits. Then edit the path, and then restore the rounding values. To accomplish this, I…

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change default point type (corner or smooth) when using Join tool

When joining two open paths using the Join tool, the point created at their intersection will always be smooth, even if the two paths previously ended in corners (such as in the diagram). I would like to please request that the Join tool give the user the option to choose what kind of point (corner or smooth) it will create.

In the same vein, may I request that an option to remove previous points be added? (indicated by red arrows on diagram attached)

Finally, when trying to convert that new point to a corner, one must first explicitly change it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add the Alt/Option key functionality from XD!!!

I know there is the measure tool. I wish it functioned like XD where holding Alt/Option and hovering over an object will give you the exact distance.

It's super frustrating to switch between Adobe products and have no consistency. One shortcut to zoom in an app does something entirely different in another.

Yes, I understand they are different apps but you force people to subscribe to multiple apps instead of allowing people to see a project to completion in one single app. I can learn one or two apps inside out and backward - I cannot learn 50...

Thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Sowing"

So the name is called "Sowing" for the reason as shown in the picture. The object doesn't necessarily have to have so many "cuts."

The idea is to make "slices" within a single object, which allows a stroke or other object to over- and underlap an object in a single layer, without having to make extra layers to hide the "threading" object. This will prevent having to cut up, or mask or duplicate objects.

Basically it's also allowing anchors of the same object to switch between layers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make the brush and pencil tools respond to color changes. Place a color selection box in Paintbrush Tool Options

I cannot change colors on Brush and Pencil tools. I researched many Q & A threads and none of the answers solved the problem. Fill new brush strokes does not work for the brush or pencil tools.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base