When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Apply any Cap Style to a Stroke End Point

Allow user to be able to select an end anchor point on a stroke and apply any cap they choose. So one path could have a butt cap on one end and round cap on the other end. This would make building certain styles with strokes far easier and avoid problems that the current workflow creates when expanded at times.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back the moon phase option in the info bar at the bottom left of the document window.

Once upon a time, one of the choices you could make for the info bar in the bottom left of the document window was the lunar phase: you'd get a little graphic, and the name of the current phase. It was a silly hidden option along with "Mordy's Home Phone Number" and "Eyes". But I liked it, and I always kept it set to the moon phase. It reminded me that the world outside existed, and gave me a quiet connection to the stars that I liked.

When the whole UI got rewritten a while back, it vanished. Along with…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Student Discount for one month Free usage of Illustrator CC during Coronavirus Crisis

I think it is reasonable that Adobe would consider helping students by providing free access to Adobe Illustrator whose universities have moved to online instruction due to the Coronavirus. It would be a generously kind gesture for Adobe to consider discounting or eliminating the $31. monthly fee during this crisis.

The software is provided in the classroom, and labs are open to students outside the class period for their use. Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education PASSHE stated that our Adobe CC license at Edinboro University does not permit student personal use for Adobe CC products. Some students are taking…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Two desimal

Can we please have option to use only two desimiles on units.
    We use millimetres and four desimile is waaaaaay too much. Two is just enought. Example what we have noiw 1200,0000 mm, 1200,00 is what we want.

Tommi Koski Tarrateksti **

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to add effects in Illustrator actions

It would greatly enhance the performance of Illustrator actions if it was possible to add features such as effects to an action. Keep all settings stored and without having to see the dialogue box for the captured effect when played back in the future.

For example, including a 3D Rotate effect from Effects> 3D> Rotate... and capture all of the settings in that dialogue box within the action whilst recording.

Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Illustrator on Linux

Illustrator works on Windows and Mac, but you are missing out on a big customer base for scientists who would prefer using Illustrator on the Linux Operating system. Please work towards creating a Linux version for Illustrator. Shared this feedback through years or using Illustrator.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. distribute / align on edges of an artboard or a shape

A request to add two buttons to the "Align" options :
    distributing shapes on an artboard in order to have equal spaces between those two shapes AND the edges of the artboard.
    This could work with more than two shapes, and artboard could also be replaced by another shape (like a background color...).

This should be clearer with a picture...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add an option to Outline pathfinder command to keep original strokes

Outline command is great when you need to cut your path on every intersection. But sadly, it also sets all strokes to None. Most of the times this is not I want. Every time when I see this function explained to somebody else, I see them adding "...but sadly it will make all your strokes vanish".
    Please make an option to keep strokes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Auto guides

My workflow would be so much quicker if when you draw a box or shape, you could hit a command that creates auto guides vertically and horizontal centrally to just that box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Link Arrowheads

I find myself often selecting the same Arrowhead style for both Start and End.
    This could be made easy by adding an option to link both.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Illustrator Updates

Every single time I try and update Adobe Illustrator, it gives me an Error Code 145 and does not update. I have to log out of Creative Cloud, restart my computer, log back into Creative Cloud, and try updating again. This is incredibly frustrating since I usually have several other things in the works and I have to close everything down and restart. The explanation I got, "the application processes would have stuck which causes the error." PLEASE FIX THIS!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow dragging multiple selected layers from one file to another

Allow dragging multiple selected layers from one Illustrator file to another (as in Photoshop) w/o exporting them or needing to depend on Paste Remember Layers, but let the drag behavior drop the layered artwork into the other file with a Paste in Place feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a notes/comments feature

Hello! Adobe should add a feature to add notes to layers, groups, or anything else! They could be hidden so they won't clutter the workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Don't snap to where I'm dragging from.

Even when I turn on snapping, if I drag an object away from it's location, I want the object to not end up in it's old location. Otherwise I would not have started dragging it.

Therefore, stop making the original location available a snap target. As a movement / cardinal direction target, sure. Not as a "return to where you're from" target, this makes no sense.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. drop down boxes appear off screen - instead of simply dropping down.

I encounter and issue in illustrator where my drop-down menus appear either on the left of my screen or in the case of the Variable Width Profile opens at the bottom of my screen, (outside of illustrator) and won't allow me to select the profile I would prefer. It's a floating box but it won't allow me to move it. I have a similar issue in Premier as well. I don't have this issue in PS, so it appears as exlcusive to illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. アクションでPNG形式を書き出す際に

アクションでPNG形式を書き出す際に書き出し設定(解像度等のオプション)も一緒に保存してほしいです。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New Crop Tool: Crop Placed Image to Mask Shape

Images (jpg, png or photoshop formats) placed in illustrator (with "link” box checked) and then masked to fit within the document or a special shape often have more image then is needed. This adds to the saved .ai file size. So users need to edit the original in photoshop and crop approx. to the size of the mask in illustrator to trim down the photo and its data size.

The “Crop Image” function will allow users to trim the dimensions of the image, but requires embedding after cropping, which actually adds file size to .ai file.

It would really help…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a virtual laser pointer option in presentation view mode

We are an academic science lab that uses Illustrator to make slides for our data presentations. With the COVID crisis, all of our meetings and conferences became virtual. In presentation mode, the cursor is an arrow pointer, but I think it will be incredibly useful to have the option to make cursor a laser pointer (like in Microsoft powerpoint). Going forward, I think more and more meetings will be held virtually, and having a virtual laser pointer will be very useful in illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hiperlinks

Right now you must use Acrobat or Indesign to integrate hiperlinks in the file. You can do the 0% opacity trick (putting a hiperlink in 0% opacity on top of the text you want to link) but it's not usable or efficient.
    I have so many files that are 90% illustracions, so it's the best for me to use Illustrator, but I would love to include the links in the file, not having to edit it in other softwares afterwards...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have Untitled Illustrator document be reset to number 1

Dear Sir or Madam:

I don't like the way Adobe Illustrator keeps incrementing an Untitled document numbering each time you create a new file. I would rather have Adobe Illustrator Untitled document be set to Untitled-1 document each time I create a new Adobe Illustrator file. Please consider this feature. Thank you very much for your time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base