1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

20 results found

1. Copy the style of stroke when using eyedropper tool

When I use the eyedropper tool on a stroke with arrowhead, the full style does not get copied - only color and weight (not arrowhead). I think it is expected for the arrowhead to get copied too, just like the color AND font get copied when you use the eyedropper tool on text.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    As mentioned in comments, arrowheads are strangely the part of Appearance and not the basic stroke, and to get it copied you should tick 'Appearance' in Eyedropper tool settings (hit Enter when the tool is chosen). Then everything works. Please comment back if it does not for you.
  2. Toolbox zoom and hand tool on same tab instead of separate tabs making it slower to select since having to flip back and forth all the time

Previous versions CS6 etc had the toolbox panel better laid out: Hand tool and zoom tools were on a separate tab now CC doesn't give the choice but having them both on a same tab so having to hover, drag etc every time I want to select my favourite tools is really tedious whilst there are many useless tools on the toolbox displayed why changing a feature that worked perfectly in previous versions?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The original toolbar with all the tools in classic arrangement is still available as 'Advanced' and can be enabled from Window > Toolbar menu. The currently offered toolbar is called 'Basic' and serves the purpose of making new users fell less overwhelmed with the amount of tools Ai has and display the most popular only.

A questionable decision, but it came with the possibility to make our own customized vertical tool panels. Read more about this here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/tools.html

If you want to have horizontal toolbars (as a separate option, along with 'torn-out' groups), vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/38230498-the-illustrator-toolbox-should-be-able-to-display

If you want to be able to add dividers in toolbars (we lost them when customization had been added), vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/38097085-add-dividers-to-custom-tools-panel-or-enable-stac#comments

3. Key command for scrolling thru blend modes

You know how Photoshop has a quick key command for scrolling thru blend modes? Why not one for Illustrator?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can assign your own custom hotkeys for these commands, using Keyboard Shortcuts dialog: select Tools from the drop-down menu (yes, that’s an unexpected place), and search for ‘blend’ — last two found commands are ‘Blend Mode – Next Mode’ and ‘’Blend Mode – Previous Mode’ — assign any keys you want or use Photoshop-like keys, Shift+Plus and Shift+Minus.
    The only difference between Ai and Ps is that Illustrator does not loop the list like Photoshop does… There is another request for this: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657/suggestions/44406693 — please vote there if you believe this should be addressed.

4. Delete hidden layers

Would it be great if add the option of deleting all hidden layers as in photoshop..

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    There is a command in the Layers panel’s menu, called Delete Hidden Layers... Unfortunately, it deletes not only hidden layers, but also all hidden content. There is a separate request to rename the comment or add another, to distinct two operations: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/43634643-delete-hidden-layers-command-innapropriately-nam Please vote. Also, there is another request to delete unused/empty layers: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/40696027-delete-unused-layers
  5. The ability to save an appearance of a selected object.

The ability to save an appearance of a selected object to apply to other objects. Much like the copy and paste layer style in Photoshop.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Send proof to customer

We proof every item to customers before printing. It would be great if there was a tool to send a proof that could be approved through all common design programs. Giving the customer the ability to submit for changes and do a final approval before the job goes to print.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix blending of strokes

As described in this discussion (from 4 years ago!) - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1291256 - in most cases when you apply a blend to two strokes with any profile other than uniform, the intermediate stages of the blended strokes do not have any profile applied to them. I believe this has been a problem at least as far back as the introduction of variable width strokes, and has still not been resolved. This seriously hampers the usefulness of the blend tool and massively increases the amount of time required to produce the desired effect.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. can we have a Chinese paragraph arrangement function (Hyphenate) in English Illustrator, which is now only available in Chinese illustrator

as a Chinese English Illustrator user, we are more familiar with English Illustrator interface than Chinese, even though we can read Chinese. It will be really convenient for us to have the hyphenate function, which is now only available in Chinese Illustrator, to be also available in English Illustrator, like Hebrew, Arabic, Dutch etc...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Illustrator 26.5.2 The new Lock object tool is terrible

Go back to previous old version of the object lock. I do not like the gray border of a locked object. I cannot click through the object on other objects around or near the locked object. The OLD way of locking objects was better. It just sat there visually and did not affect neighboring objects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ダイレクト選択ツールについて

ダイレクト選択ツールでオブジェクトの上からアンカーポイント以外からドラッグでアンカーポイントを選択したいのですが、オブジェクトが移動してしまうので使いにくいです。移動しないようにしていただきたいです

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. offset path feature won't become a sharp

Why if I have a curve that has several very small (sharp) angles, when I enter it in the offset path feature (+ offset), then the offset result can't be sharp anyway. but if (-) is offset, then can it turn sharp?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. puppet pen tool

it is missing in adobe 2017, how to get it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Image skew potential

Image skew option like photoshop. Here we have to make envelope distort.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sticky swatches, patterns, gradients, brushes and symbols.

I get so very tired of having to re-create what I've made or added earlier, or find the original file that contains things I've created earlier. It's starting from zero every time I open a new file.

It would be so nice to have things I added to panels be there for the next file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are several options to make resources sticky.

1. Save your swatches/brushes/etc. library as user defined one on a disk, using the dedicated panel’s menu. Open each then from same menu in User Defined sub-folder. When the separate palette appears, mark is as Persistent in this panel’s menu, This will make these palettes stick after Illustrator relaunches.

2. You can locate document profiles (Print.ai, Web.ai, etc.) on your machine (in New Document Profiles folder), edit their predefined presets, and resave them. This will make every new document based on these profile to have your resources.

3. Save a current document with the resources as a template, and later call them File > New from template. This will fixate the artboards settings though, unlike method 2.

But be careful with methods, because Ai can reset document profiles when updates.

16. make one layer from more layers like in photoshop

Hello, I would really like it if different layers could be used to create one layer, just like in photoshop.
    (so if you work with a lot of layers, and you repeat the design on the same page, or want to create a pattern, this doesn't work)
    I very much hope that this will be possible in the future

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do that using Layers panel’s menu (a hamburger icon in top right corner). Select layers you need and choose one of three available commands: Merge Selected, Flatten Artwork, Collect in New Layer.

Also, you can operate with a selection of object on canvas. Select object you need there, focus a layer you want you objects to be in and apply Object > Arrange > Send to Current Layer.

Finally you can drag a square marker of a selected objects in Layers to another layer to move them.

Please comment on how it works for you.

17. Allow calligraphic strokes for default fill/stroke

I regularly use a calligraphic stroke in my work. It would be good if a calligraphic stroke could be applied to the default fill/stroke settings via the Graphic Styles panel. This would save a lot of time in my daily workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Need this feature also for illustrator CC. Distributor Horizontally and Vertically

Hi, their is one new feature which is called Distributor Horizontally and Vertically, i think we need this in illustrator also.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. CINEWARE AS A NATIVE TOOL

You should add the Cineware plug-in into Illustrator's architecture as a native tool, such as After Effects and its Cineware.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Lock or unlock Navigator View from General View. Two Separate Views

During my work I need to have two different views of my artboard or canvas. Now the Navigator panel and General view showing me the same view.

Adding an option that will allow to have two separate view can enhance my workflow. That can be achieved if we will have an option to lock or unlock Navigator View from General View.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is no need to use Navigator panel for this.

Just call Window > New Window, untab it (if you use tabs), resize and reposition it the way you like, and work within the main window — all the changes you make are going to be rendered in real time in the second one.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base