Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

82 results found

1. When Starting a new work or opening a pre-made work, a bug appears

I can access all the tools and tabs, but I can't see them and it crashes, I already checked my requirements and their all good, so anybody have an idea of whats happening?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Chashing

My 2019 illustrator crashes all the time. I can't do any work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Mysterious Panel on Startup

Running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G5019), and Adobe Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    On startup I expect to have the last used workspace but I get this seemingly empty UI panel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

4. Control and Toolbar

Control and toolbars disappear every time I start Illustrator CC and I am on 23.0.2 version. Please advise. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. my mouse pointer appears huge in the InDesign interface

my mouse pointer appears huge in the InDesign interface
    when i use my illustrator the mouse size look fine
    i use a primary and secondary screens
    Primary -3840\2160
    Secondary- 2560\1440

need help!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. LogTransport2 locks app after failed requests to hbrcv.adobe.com

I have a corporate web filter that always tries to authenticate port 80 or 443 traffic. Illustrator is reaching out to hbrcv.adobe.com and because there is no traditional web interface to handle this request, if the library can't communicate without issue the entire user interface locks and becomes unusable. Any ideas how to fix this issue? Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Panels are Grouped, e.g., Properties can't be detached from Layers

I want to set up a new workspace to have separate windows. Illustrator is forcing them to be attached, and it takes up a lot of screen space, blocking my view of my artwork.

I am using Windows 10 v1803

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

it is unclear from the post what the issue is. You can drag out property panel using click drag on the header.
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

8. Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier

Fréquemment, à l'ouverture d'un fichier j'ai le message "Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier".
    Il faut alors quitter puis relancer Illustrator. L'ouverture du fichier devient alors possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Keyboard does not work - only in Illsutrator 21.1

Keyboard does not work - only in Illsutrator 21.1

It was fine then it stopped

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

10. RIGHT CLICK NOT WORKING

RIGHT CLICK DOESNT ******* WORK ON ILLUSTRATOR

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. start up screen flashing black and white

when i open adobe illustrator the screen flashes black and white continuously and the menus close instantly when i click on them. i can open a new document by pressing ctrl n but cannot click on any of the menus.
    this only happens when i am signed in, which i need. i can sign out by quickly clicking the sign out button in the help menu before it closes again, but this is not ideal.
    this only happens in illustrator CC 2015, not photoshop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Creating new document blocked / or the whole illustartor blocked

1. User is having some item selected on currently opened document,
    2. Press on create a new document (shortcut on from the menu),
    3. Window with new document properties pops up,
    4. When user clicks - return key too fast, creating new document gets blocked
    5. Reason for that is that under create new document window illustrator show "move window" (see srceen).
    6. To proceed with creating new document you have to close the create new document window and move window and again go back to create new...
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

13. change measurements from pixels to inches with control click

(mac) used to be able to control and click in the corner of rulers - left hand side to change units of measurement ? please bring back???!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Control bar not updated on tool selection

On Illustrator 23.0.1 running on Windows 10, the control bar does not update when a tool (say Pen, or Type or Selection, etc...) is selected. Only when the tool is click on the document would the control bar updated to show the tool options The graphics card is the Intel 520 (ver 25.20.100.6326).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. IDIOTS

You idiots have made it very difficult to create a new document/art board of my dimensions. I thought I was on a real computer until I wanted to create a new document and the choices are limited like I was on an iPad. Whoever designs this creates a program that does great things very difficultly. You do not have a clue how learning users, and therefore all users, think or do. Hire someone who is an expert in human computer interactions. A good one because you don't have one now.

In case you think I don't know much about this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do test our products thoroughly including running it through multiple beta testers. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg if you would like to join our beta program. It is open to all Adobe Ids.

16. New guide

When I try to make a new guide it seems to be lock out. Every other command like hide guides, lock guides, etc work. The only one that doesn't work is make guides.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This option is enabled only when you select an object. If this doesn’t solve your problem, then please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here

17. Input Boxes Floating in the Workspace

Hi, since the 2019 release I have 2 floating input boxes in the workspace, I don't know where they belong but they werent there before. If I hover over the '1' it brings up a tooltip of 'Artboard Navigation'

See attached screensnip.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

18. Close, Save and Quit File Menu options are invisible

After upgrading Illustrator to version 23.0 (Windows 7 Pro), the Close, Save and Quit options under the File Menu are invisible. This is constant.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. It can be issue with Graphic card drivers. Please goto this link for more info:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-gpu-performance-driver-update.html

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

19. Spell Check doesn't understand what "Uncapitalized Start of Sentence" means.

While running spell check, Illustrator doesn't seem to understand that a comma is not the end of a sentence, or that the word following the comma is the start of a new sentence. See attached screen shots.

(running the version of Illustrator on Mac running OS 10.13.6)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Selecting options in panel dropdown menus always activates the item below the menu

This bug has been affecting me for many months through multiple updates. It happens consistently. When I click an item in a dropdown menu within a tool panel, no matter how careful I am I end up activating whatever option is BELOW the menu at that location.

EXAMPL (see attached video): In the gradient panel I select the Location option, which opens a dropdown menu with 10 options (0% to 100%). When the Location menu opens, it hangs down over the tool panel below. In this case, Swatches. I select 80%: the physical location of that option in the menu…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base