Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

649 results found

1. Zoom lagging & Overal Speed Issues

BUG. Files with any substance (not just plain squares) but normal large files are slow and laggy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. grabbing tiny things

BUG!!!!! not a new idea quit trying to shirk responsibility by calling flaws "new ideas!" It feels like im dealing with a con man or something

you cannot grab menus and move them because you made no place to grab so you have to close it just to move !

the 4 bezier curve tools use to be easy to to expand to a tear off then you made it a little harder because you had to grab the top of the bar, then you made it harder by putting the tiny little grabber bar an inch away and even…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. USB iPhone tether connection causes bugs in AI CC 2017 Layers panel

When a USB connection is made to iPhone for internet tethering, Illustrator CC 2017 Layers panel:

1. Won't allow toggling the lock or eye icons unless clicked several times each.

2. Won't allow slide up and down the locks or eyes to lock/unlock or show/unshow everything.

3. Won't allow naming a layer unless done from options.

4. Won't allow dragging square of an object from one layer to another.

All resolve upon disconnecting the USB iPhone internet tethering connection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.
    Warm Regards,
    Mohit Agarwal | Lead Software Engineer – Illustrator

4. Illustrator stops working and closes

This is simple enough, and I'm sure I'm not the only one this happens to, but this has been happening for years, every time I get started I do about an hour of work then its complains it has stopped working and closes! No save option, no autosave, no back up, nothing!

A very simple way to fix this, have an autosave!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can't

I get a an error message every time i log into AI. Then on top of it the program is not saving my workspaces. It drives me crazy to have to open Tools, Controls, Swatches, Layers, etc every time I start. Please help me out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

6. Crash when vectorising any image

Hello, I have an Adobe Cloud account and am using the latest version of illustrator CC. I cannot vectorize images any more. It crashes whatever setting I use.

I tried to desactivate the GNU processor but to no avail. I tried on several images kind and format, but Illustrator won't accept any. They do open and the vectorization begins but it crashes before finishing. and no explanation is given just that a problem occured and that the application will close.

This is very problematic as I need to vectorize images. Please help me, Adobe-Kenobi, you are my only hope !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

we are closing the ticket due to lack of communication.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels.

7. Color Picker not working correctly

I'm running Illustrator v23.0.i on a Windows 10

When I use the Colour Picker to pick up a colour it changes the fill indicator but when I double click the fill box to show the colour makeup it shows Hex 000000

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

8. Shapes won't change to colours saved to Libraries

I have multiple colour palettes saved in my Libraries which I will use through Illustrator/Photoshop/Indesign. Frustratingly, as I am in the middle of working on a design using basic shapes (rectangles, ellipses etc) and go to change the colour of that shape by clicking on a shade within my libraries it will not change! The shape will change colour when using colours from the swatches palette always. I end up having to quit Illustrator and restart it then colours from my library will work again.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Object drawing error

When I click and drag to draw an object such as a rectangle or ellipse I get a wild error where Illustrator tries to draw all of the intermediary steps in between. I gives me an unknown error, and if you look in the layers palette you can see that it is actually drawing lots of objects rather than the one I'm intending to draw. I have attached a gif of what is happening.

I've been having issues attaching files to this post. Here is a link to a gif of the issue. https://imgur.com/a/gd7ae

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 29 30 31 33 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?