Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

390 results found

1. Bug of saving in the background of Illustrator 2020

If you save a document that uses a 2-byte spot color name in ai format, place this file in InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
    It will be replaced by "Global color". And even if you export the PDF, it will be reflected. Turning off saving in the background can work around this, but this is an issue that should be resolved as soon as possible.

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

2. Global Process Colors get added twice when added from a CC library, lose their name and become Spot colors.

Create a Global Process Color Swatch and add it to a CC library.
    In a new document, select this color in the library, right click and choose
    Add to Swatches.
    The color gets added 2 times, becomes a spot color and loses it’s name.
    Or, in a new document double click the color in the Library. It gets added only once, keeps it’s name but becomes a Spot color.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Background:

• CC libraries does not have support for Global Process Colors
    • Some users have spoken about InDesign – InDesign does not support Global Process colors
    • Illustrator does support process colors , global process colors and spot colors. The issue is specefic to global process colors – since it is not supported in CC Libraries. We have added the request to support in CC libraries backlog,

Workaround:

• Create Process colors in Illustrator and add it to CC libraries – deselect the global checkbox
  3. Non Functional Gradient stop bug in 'Color' panel

When adjusting a colour stop its colour is visible in the 'Color' panel's 'Fill' field. You used to be able to cancel the stop colour by clicking on this 'Fill' field to go back to the gradient fill and to get the 'Stroke' colour back in sight.
    This is no longer the case. In spite of Illustrator flashing the tool tip 'Click to cancel' clicking does not work at all. The fill colour is stuck on the 'Colour Stop's colour.
    Now you can only see the 'Stroke' field in the 'Gradient' panel and the 'Tools' panel. This is a pain…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

4. Eyedropper doesn't work on groups

When I select a group and I try to use the eyedropper tool, this seems to not work.
    In the fill box in the toolbar it appears as the colour already changed, but the group still looks with the original colour.
    If I ungroup the group, or if I unite the group with the pathfinder (plus cmd+8), then the eyedropper works regularly, but this is not the ideal way to work. I already contacted the support online, but the issue hasn't been sorted out properly.

I use MacOS High Sierra — Version 10.13.6

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. White is now yellow

All my colors with todays 10/16/18 update have shifted and have lost their embedded color file. (When opening previous work). My white swatch is yellow. But when placed in Indesign it is white as well well as the color makeup 0000. Hiw can i fix this?

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

6. Tilde key to move a pattern within shape not working

My Tilde/Graves accent key is no longer working to transform a pattern within an object. Normally, I can rotate or move around a pattern when I hold it down without moving the object. It hasn't worked since my last update.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.4.1 which is available worldwide now.

8. Gradient stays selected when trying to pick a solid colour

After upgrading to v23, it's become very difficult to switch from having a gradient selected and to having a solid colour.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

9. 31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

10. Colour values change on their own! Very frustrating

Colours keep slightly changing over time, even as I am designing live inside a file!

I will enter an exact CMYK or RGB value to match our brands colours, then these values will change slightly all on their own.

I've been monitoring this for about 2 months now hoping this issue would be resolved in an update... but it hasnt been!

This is a massive issue! Colours have to be stable!

We need to be able to trust the program with things that are vital for a brand, like their COLOURS!

The attached image shows -
    Top: is the original…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This problem requires an investigation, but not enough data is gathered yet to even start it.

Please provide these settings to help the team to deal with the problem:

1. The version of illustrator. OS and GPU model

2. Your color settings (a screenshot of the Color Settings dialog will do)

3. A test file with swatches which gets changed

4. A copy of this file when changes happen (if there is a difference in actual numbers swatches store)

Also, please check if the behaviour differs when you disable GPU mode and note that.

Send these to sharewithai@adobe.com (please also provide the link to this report for tracking purposes — https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447/suggestions/40866958) or share directly in the comments if you are allowed to share these files publicly.

It looks like this case is configuration specific, so if you are potentially willing to participate in the investigation of this issue by a…

11. Color values of existing objects change when images are placed by drag & drop

A bug report was received on the Japan Forum stating that when an image with a color profile embedded that differs from Illustrator's color settings is placed by drag-and-drop, the color values of existing objects are changed.

Here are the steps to reproduce the problem.
    Save the image with Adobe RGB (1998) embedded as an example.
    Specify sRGB in Illustrator's color settings and set a color management policy other than "None".

Under the above conditions, when an image file is dragged and dropped onto a document, the color values of the existing objects are changed.
    This behavior may be a…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Color palette overrides fill colors and color modes in Illustrator 2018

Hi, I am a design professor and most students in my class experienced a specific problem when we were doing an exercise to learn how to apply the correct color palettes to different logo files. Specifically, we created fictional identity designs as a means to learn how to create a production-ready bundle of files (a logo with versions in b&w, spot color (Pantone), 4-color process, and RGB). Almost 100% of my 18 students had their 4-color process file -- which was filled with CMYK colors upon designing, and should have stayed CMYK -- show up as being filled with RGB…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Eyedropper picks wrong CMYK colors from image's RGB preview in CMYK document

I observe that AI's eyedropper picks color not directly from a raster image, but from it's preview, but I think it's terribly wrong, especially when you pick a color from a CMYK image placed inside of a CMYK document, and get some mutated color instead of ground truth.

For example, I have a photo blended into a single colored background and I don't remember which one exactly. I pick this color with the eyedropper inside AI to match the image’s edge with the vector background ...and it almost looks OK, but when it's printed, the mismatch is quite visible.

Other…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Color picker works weird with gradient sliders

Sometimes Color Picker, summoned for SELECTED color gradient slider with double-click on Fill in toolbox, shows color Black instead of actual color, but when applied, turns color to white even.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

15. Pantone Solid Spot colors added from InDesign to a CC Library become Magenta Process colors in Illustrator

A Pantone Solid Spot color (or any Lab spot color) added to a CC library in InDesign will become 100% Magenta CMYK Process color in the Swatches panel when added from the CC library by double clicking in Illustrator.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 色違いで作ったパターンがコピペされない

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 Illustrator 2021(25.3.1)

同じ模様のパターンの色違い3つ作成(ABCとする)→
    ABCに塗ったオブジェクトをコピー→
    別ファイルにペースト→
    オブジェクトすべてがAの塗りになり、BCのパターンはペーストされない

コピペされないBCを別のオブジェクトに塗り
    再度コピペしても、勝手にAの塗りに変換されます。
    同ファイル内でコピペしても同じ現象がおきます。

フォーラムでも質問しました。
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%E3%83%A0/%E8%89%B2%E9%81%95%E3%81%84%E3%81%A7%E4%BD%9C%E3%81%A3%E3%81%9F%E3%83%91%E3%82%BF%E3%83%BC%E3%83%B3%E3%81%8C%E3%82%B3%E3%83%94%E3%83%9A%E3%81%95%E3%82%8C%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84/m-p/12137562#M25502

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

ご報告いただいた「ver.25.3.1 でパターンスウォッチのコピー&ペーストで予期しない結果になる」問題を修正した、Illustrator 2021(ver.25.4.1)を一般リリースいたしました。

Creative Cloud デスクトップアプリケーションから、製品版のアップデートが可能となっておりますので、動作をお確かめください。

もし、修正されていないような場合は、コメントをお願いいたします。

今後ともよろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

17. Illustrator wont show correct color of png imported

Since I have updated to the newest version I can't seem to upload pngs into Illustrator. They show as if they are negative. I run on a MacBook Pro Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.1. Illustrator 23.0.1

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 25.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

18. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Gradient angle got reset to zero, when using Color Picker

1. Create path
    2. Apply gradient
    3. Change gradient angle
    4. Select gradient stop
    5. Double-click Fill in toolbox to open Color picker
    6. Choose any OTHER color
    7. Hit OK

Angle got reset to 0 (almost always)
    See attached file

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 24.0.2 on Win and 24.0.3 on MAC.

Thanks & Regards
    Ankit Goyal

20. Eyedropper picks wrong color from vector art placed behind transparent image (with Shift)

I have in image on isolated transparent backround, in CMYK, with no profiles.
    It covers some art. I want to apply color of underlying art to another object. I pick Eyedropper tool and pick color from bottom art, holding Shift, clicking through transparent parts of my image.
    AI picks wrong color, with fractions and dirty channels.
    this is related to color picking in CMYK document from real CMYK values of an image, which AI fails to do. Again, I think AI should pick REAL color.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base