Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Custom presets for Asset Export / Export for Screens

When adding in your own custom sizes and suffixes into the Asset Export panel it would be nice to be able to save these out as a preset for later use.

For my job I have to export the same image into 20-30 different sizes with individual names (suffixes) that don't change. That's why I thought it would be good if you could set up all the file sizes and names once then save it out as preset for later use or to even share with a colleague.

It would speed up the workflow for many people if this was…

300 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. "Save in the Background " instead of Waiting the Progress bar

This is the one feature that every Illustrator user would love to see in the next Version, Saving in the Background instead of Waiting the progress bar to Finish. a Huge time saving Feature.

264 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Stop truncating filenames in Recent files

AI truncates names of my files in Open Recent Files menu.
    Why?!
    Some of my files differ only in that truncated parts. I have to guess and remember.
    Please, give me an option to set limit myself (in Prefs file or Dialogue) or remove limit completely.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please let us turn off the Tour

Please please please let us turn off the tour. It is annoying beyond words to have it always popping while working.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Move properties back to the top.

I don't understand why Adobe tries to fix things that aren't broken. The properties tab at the top is where it needed to stay. Having moving properties to a side tab was a huge mistake. My workload has increased just trying to find where things have gone and I find it much less useful this way. You also have gotten rid of the expand button when doing in image trace. I'm sure I'll find many more things that have gone missing or much harder to find now. I feel like CS5 was the most perfected version of all adobe products…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Free transform tool doesn't work with Area Type path

If yo select ONLY path Area Type sits in, you will be able to scale it or rotate but not transform, neither with Free Transform tool or bounding box.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Align to (selection. object. artboard) 3 of them should be visible always & in 1 click access

keep changing the Align to artboard by clicking on Align Button once in properties panel than click again align to Artboard , it is annoying why dont keep the three options available all the time without hiding them ander Align option

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make font size in toolbars larger

When changing settings in Windows to display fonts at 125%, the font size in the toolbars does not change. It used to on Windows 7 with older versions of CC. Now it is really small and hard to read for those of us with poorer eyesight. Please have an option for the fonts of toolbars to be made larger.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ROTATE AND SCALE TOOL

ATTACH MY ROTATE AND SCALE TOOL TO THE SELECTION TOOL AGAIN. WASTING TIME GOING BACK AND FORTH ON SOMETHING I PERFORM HUNDREDS OF TIMESA DAY. I'M EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTED
    WITH THIS CHANGE ):

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Cropping images! Can Illustrator finally offer a simple placed image cropping tool?

I've been using Adobe Illustrator since 1992. Many of the core tools have not changed a bit, including how the app crops placed images. It is a laborious task to add shapes and create clipping masks. InDesign and PowerPoint have this figured out and it is a breeze. Please address this long-standing shortcoming of an otherwise brilliant application.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cropping is not available in Illustrator from Control or Properties panel. Two ways are possible.

'Crop' command embeds the images and physically remove trimmed pixels, while 'Mask' command clips an image into a rectangular path you can resize, keeping the linked image intact.

There is no way to automatically crop the image and keep it linked, since it requires changing the original file, and it’s dangerous and can lead to an unexpected data loss.

12. Make the name of unprintable layers in italic

When in "Layers" Please make the NAME of the layer, if the PRINT box is turned off - ITALIC

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. High Rez PDFs shouldn't have such large file sizes

If I layout the same design in Illustrator AND InDesign, Illustrator will always have a ridiculously higher file size. InDesign will produce a print-ready PDF at 9 megs, and Illustrator will produce one that is 34 megs which can't be sent by email. I've tried rasterizing photos and cropping them but this is a rather arduous process and has resulted in a lot of errors as the rasterize process isn't great either.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When a PDF-file 'saved' in Illustrator, it gets an internal copy of the Ai-document written in it, so that users can always read it back in to make changes. This includes all your stuff on canvas, all presets, brushes, styles, swatches... it’s all compact enough, but even without images it makes a PDF twice the size. Once images jump in, it rockets sky high — obviously enough.

InDesign does not care about editability of PDFs, it 'exports' PDF, with no chance of them being read back in a way and form they were created — that’s why 'save' and 'export' are in quotation marks.

If you want to make a PDF smaller in Illustrator — just use correct presets and/or settings while 'saving' it. Choose 'Smallest File Size' preset, make sure you have 'Preserve Illustrator Editing Capabilities' option unchecked, tweak compression, resampling and image quality.

Read more about making PDFs…

14. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give an option to turn off 'rotate view'. It isn't particularly useful, and INCREDIBLY annoying.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give an option to turn off 'rotate view'. It isn't particularly useful, and INCREDIBLY annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base