Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests
When entering a new feature request, please provide:
- Description
- Why is this valuable to you?
823 results found
-
Stop nagging me to update
I'm well aware that there is a new update. I do not have time to deal with the nonsense Adobe is known for in their constant "updates". Quit nagging me about it with the ridiculous pop-up.
2 votes -
get back old buttons and arrows look
could you get back old (prior to CC) look of buttons (non-rounded), and old small arrows? these new ones look pretty ugly.
2 votes -
✋"Handedness-Modes" FOR EVERYONE! 🖑SAVE THE LEFTIES! ✋🖑 ✌ DEF LEPPARD ROCKS!!!
Handedness is often overlooked. Also, it is scientifically less-understood.
DEAR ADOBE: You are uniquely positioned to study handedness in a way that has potentially never been more insightful. Please invest in tech-development, research, and design to make your tools unique, more efficient, and more useful for left-handed, right handed, ambidextrous, or custom users (either hand preferences, foot pedals, or other). This includes interface, hotkeys, and mental models, interactivity, etc. Potentially, a "righty" could learn from "lefty"mode. And vice-versa. "Everyone/standard" mode is critical. However, why not introduce development towards understanding and helping HUMANITY understand handedness. Also, Some users may not have…
2 votes -
Bug in rich tooltips
There is currently a bug in AI on NVidia drivers that hangs the application when a rich tooltip appears. Please, while you investigate (case ADB-1255446-J9V2), give us back an option in preferences to disable all Rich Tooltips in AI., Urgently. I cannot use the product.
2 votes -
The transform palette used to have arrows to upsize or downsize; this arrows are gone on this new 2018 version of Illustraor. Can somehow sh
The transform palette used to have arrows to upsize or downsize; this arrows are gone on this new 2018 version of Illustraor. Can somehow sh
2 votes -
Mapping artwork on 3d object surface
Now we need every time to convert /or update/ artwork into symbol before mapping in on the surface of 3D objects that are created with 3d effects. That process is annoying and complex. Simplifying of that can help profs and beginners to use it quickly and pass some steps.
Now many programs like Adobe Dimension CC, 3d paint allows to do that very easy and in real time.
Also adding some new feature like uv maps or tiling 3d effects can be very helpful.
2 votesModern 3D and Materials allows to map symbols directly on a object on canvas, across its multiple surfaces. A user can move it, rotate, scale.
The tech is not perfect still, and it won’t be supported for now Classic 3D effects, but is potent enough already to try.
-
Move & Scale by small decrease/increment of mouse wheel in properties
The idea is that when i use CTRL + Mouse Wheel to scale or move in properties any object or text the numbers are something like Y: 550.624 px when doing this they change to Y: 550.7 px i would like to be able it changes at small phase Y: 550.625 px or Y: 550.63 px so there will be 2 additional increments. Else i have to type this numbers manually.
I would assign them to some keyboard numbers like hold 1, 2 or 3 + mouse wheel for each increment.2 votes -
Allow me to return to the interface that I've become accustomed to.
I absolutely hate updating Adobe Illustrator. This new Illustrator interface update is infuriating. The workflow that I've developed over years of working with this product is broken. I don't understand how anything works and I spend more energy wrestling with an interface that a just a short while ago was transparent to me than I do in the actual creative work that I am paid for. I'm sure you're proud of your work. I'm sure that you've tested it with naive users (I hope!) maybe even some seasoned users. But recognize that every time you make radical changes to the…
2 votes -
2 votes
-
Missing a Modal Pop up
Dear Adobe...
If I spend time organizing my art and putting it onto multiple layers and contains HUNDREDS of pieces, when I make a masking layer you take my artwork and smash it all into one layer WITHOUT popping a modal saying this will smash it all into one layer and waste a day of your life having to re-organize it into layers again because a stakeholder requested edits...You failed me. Bad Adobe BAD.Please fix this, it's really not cool. When I think of all the hours of my life that you have wasted on things like this over…
2 votes -
The default unit of measure option for stroke shouldn't be pixels.
The default unit of measure option for stroke shouldn't be pixels, because I don't think that's a good way to guide the flock.
2 votes -
Make Object-Path menu a part of Right-Click menu
Or at least a full part of the Properties palette. It would be a much faster workflow when adding/removing anchor points. Most of those menu items are used often enough to warrant an R-Click placement.
2 votes -
Extended Tools Panel
Less frequently used tools (in my case: Scissors, Paint Bucket) are hard to find in the standard Tools Palette. Wouldn't it be great when Illustrator had a preset to show all tools at a glance (on my 30" screen...)?
I know that it is possible to create custom tools panels - but especially when creating those, it's nice to have a view on all tools at once!
2 votesIn latest version one can click small three dots at the bottom of the Tools panel and see all tools at once, including those which are already in the toolbox.
-
Efect menu
I would like to provide a suggestion, to the "Effect" menu of Illustrator, they will take the same aesthetics from the rest of the menus. "Effect" looks very Windows 95.
2 votes -
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
I am new to CC 2017 however I am getting a very annoying error message each time I open the CC up.
The heading is: Assertion Failed!
I have attached a screen grab for your attention.
Look forward to hearing from you!2 votes -
Highlighted cursor markers on rulers
I would love to see an option to enable a highlighted cursor marker on the ruler. To explain what I mean by cursor marker, I mean the small, light gray line that follows where your cursor is along the x and y ruler. This light gray line is very hard to distinguish its exact position against the background ruler markers, since there is literally no contrast between them. I would love to see an option to change it to any of the system swatches.
2 votes -
Could there be a more logical place for show center and path direction than the Attributes panel
The Attributes panel seems like the junk drawer of panels. Wouldn't the show center check box seem more at home in the transform panel, and the path direction seem better suited for stroke or pathfinder panel. Just one less panel taking up space on the artboard.
2 votes -
Enable the ablility to keep swatch catagories in my tool panel.
I would love to keep tool swatches in my tool panel. I do have the ability to take one and put it off to the side among my tools, but when I restart Illustrator the tab is gone leaving me to conclude this is not a supported feature. I use one particular swatch category a lot and this would save me time.
2 votes -
I hate how this entire software is organized
This software is beyond confusing and incredibly user UNfriendly, im sure its not hard to add a ******** "Crop" feature
1 vote -
The shortcut key D to save before closing, in Italian country should be the N key
The shortcut key "D" in a window "save before closing" to select "D"on't Save", in Italian country should be the "N" key for the answer "N"on salvare".
1 vote
- Don't see your idea?