Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests
When entering a new feature request, please provide:
- Description
- Why is this valuable to you?
313 results found
-
Make fields respect units entered
When creating a new document, it is annoying having to select the units from a drop down.
Why not just respect the units the user enters: 1920px, 210mm, 10cm, 5"Typing this in the input field:
1920px
when the dropdown is set to centimeters,
results in 67.7333 cmIt's contra intuitive, even more since the result has the unit typed in the input field.
My request:
Please make this smart: when typing 1920px, the unit should change to pixels,, when typing 10cm, the unit should change to cm.2 votes -
Make Artboard for Selection
Currently, there's no way to add an artboard using the actions pallet. If there were, I would create the action that said:
Copy Selected Element(s)
Create a new blank artboard
Activate new artboard
Paste in Place.Essentially, it would create an identical artboard for whatever you had selected. This would be nice to have built in to the artboard options... if you have something selected when you add a new artboard, automatically copy it in its same location on the new artboard.
2 votes -
Retention of fillable form areas when editing and saving an existing PDF.
Illustrator used to retain fillable form areas when editing and saving an existing PDF. Pretty please. We need that feature back. It's wasting a lot of production time recreating the form fields. When you open and edit graphics in an existing PDF in Illustrator, the instant you save the file (not "Save As...", just "Save") all of the fillable fields are erased.
Since it's all Adobe, why can't they work seamlessly like they used to?2 votes -
Move artboards in illustrator by clicking on the artboard title and dragging
This was standard behavior in the past and was a very intuitive option to me.
2 votes -
New artboard names cover other artboards when zoomed out
After zooming out from artboards, the names occupy other artboards.
2 votes -
Automatically reset the ruler to zero when clicking on a different artboard
Sorry, this feature request should just be as standard.
If I have 5 artboards and I click on artboard 4, I don't know why the ruler doesn't automatically default to zero. Instead I have to double click the corner of the ruler to reset it to that artboard.
Surely working on separate artboards, require separate ruler zero placements.
This should be the default, with an option to set the ruler to zero on the first artboard, in case each artboard is making up one big picture, then it makes sense for all artboards to share one ruler zero setting.
I…
2 votesThis behavior can be toggled with Use View > Rulers > Change to Artboard Rulers command
-
Make a Display settings of artboards more visible
Hello!
When I'm using a one of this options: Show Center Mark, Show Cross Hairs, Show Video Safe Frame during the projecting time and I want them toggle off/on I have to go to the artboard options and toggle them there. The way for toggle this is too long and I realize this just now when I need to create something and switch this kind of helpers from time to time. Rest of the grids or helpers have own shortcuts or event they are available in Properties panel, but not this one.Is there any chance that dev-team can implement…
2 votes -
Artboard Properties as Menu Commands
Add "Maintain Width and Height Proportions" to Menu Commands so that it can be assigned a shortcut. Other artboard features like "Move artwork with Artboard" and "Scale artwork with Artboard" would also benefit from this, I lose a lot of time checking and unchecking these boxes.
2 votes -
An option to add extra space around when creating an artboard base on an object
When using Artboard Tool (Shift+O) to create an artboard around a selected object, an option to add some extra space around the selection would be really handy
2 votes -
Automatically name artboards based on the file name
Can we have a feature like, when creating a new artboard, the artboard named automatically as per the file name rather than naming it a default - Artboard number.
2 votes -
Allow to create a new file from a selection on canvas or Layers
Can't create new files from layers or groups, gotta select everything and create a file, instead of just creating an artboard from by the file dimensions copied.
2 votes -
View Transparency Grid only in artboards
Like other users I've encountered here, I find the whole-window Transparency Grid to be a significant distraction. It'd be helpful to be able to at least opt to show the grid only within artboards, and even better to toggle the grid for specific artboards (see screenshot).
2 votes -
Make documents honor artboard settings when adding additional artboards
The original idea by Johan Perjus, from https://medium.com/design-bootcamp/things-i-wish-adobe-would-address-with-adobe-illustrator-4796a89e1bae
When you create a new document, under More Settings you can indicate how you want the succeeding Artboards to appear (see the image).
However, if you add more artboards to the same document after it was created, this setting is not honored, but appears with the default setting, which is to the right of current Artboard. Even when the down and left icons are selected under Properties > Artboards > Quick Actions > Rearrange All Artboards.
On the positive side, Illustrator does appear to at least honor the Spacing setting (thanks to…
2 votes -
Ajout d'un plan de travail calé sur une sélection
L'idée est simple : un bouton permettant de générer un plan de travail sous la sélection en cours.
Le cas concret : je dois isoler chaque colonne "mois" d'un calendrier complet, afin de pouvoir importer ensuite chaque colonne indépendamment dans InDesign. J'aimerais pouvoir sélectionner mon mois de Janvier, et cliquer un bouton afin de générer un plan de travail sous ma sélection, directement aux dimensions piles.
2 votes -
Add an option to "place" an artboard inside an artboard of the same drawing.
Could it be possible to place an artboard in another one?
I have a particular workflow in which I have to create an illustration to be printed, and I have a "technical drawing" with some dimensions and comments related to the illustration on another page.
In order to have only one document to keep both illustration and technical drawing synched, it could be fine to have this feature.2 votes -
Fit artwork to match the size of artboards
Fit a shape to CANVAS SIZE
Fit a shape to artboard from ARTBOARD / FIT TO CANVAS SIZE2 votes -
当拖入(粘贴)到illustrator的图片或对象大于默认画布尺寸
当拖入或粘贴到illustrator的图片或对象大于默认画布尺寸时,应该以大尺寸画布显示,而不是现在的超出画布显示,当超出画布显示时,接下来的很多操作都无法完成;
另外,还有一种情况,当导入PDF文件时,PDF尺寸大、页数多,也会提示“超出画布”,无法完成导入。2 votes -
白色底的文档导出缺少边界 / A way to export an image with canvas color visible when Use Artboard option is disabled
当画板为白色底时,右键“导出所选项目”,导出的文件没有边界,无法分辨单个项目。
目前的解决方法是在画板上添加一个有描边的矩形,但是当有多个画板时这个方法会比较麻烦。另外一种方法是每个画板单独导出一张图片,再整合到一个文档里,这样也会增加很多工作量。希望团队能有更好的方案。
使用场景举例:当给客户提案或预览整体效果时,需要将多个画板同时导出到一个文件(png或jpg),这时如果画板底色为白色,就无法分辨边界。2 votes -
Add a "move/copy art with artboard" switch to the artboard options, or the main prefs.
Currently the only place the "move/copy art with artboard" switch exists is a button on the Control bar. I have never liked the Control bar and have hidden it since it was first added to Illustrator back in CS3.
In my workflow, I almost never want to move/copy art with artboard, and for some reason this switch constantly turns itself back on, so it's extra annoying to have to either lock all my layers, or dig around this part of the interface I never use.
If I hit return with the Artboard tool selected, I'll bring up the current artboard's…
2 votes -
Increase the precision of illustrator to at least 10 decimal points, fix Place...
Please increase the precision of Illustrator for placing files such as .dwg from other programs. I noticed the shapes change a lot. Or, change the initial size of the placed file to as large as the artboard. I know you have this option when you drag and drop a file, but you do not have this option when you select File-Place...
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?