When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Where's the colour???

My new Adobe Illustrator seems to be totally in Black and white and grey scale. Where do I find the colour option in it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop switching away from the swatches panel automatically!

When I switch from stoke to fill, it wastes my time to have to click back to the Swatches panel. Why does it switch. I never asked for this and I never use the color panel it switches to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fill/Stroke icons to match: in the tools bar

the smaller sub-icons for Fill and Stroke Boxes shouldto match. (Fill is Full and Stroke is Hollow). Under stroke, the icons only change for the color, but the icons do not change for gradient and no/color/opacity.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fill/Stroke icons to match: in the tools bar

the smaller sub-icons for Fill and Stroke Boxes shouldto match. (Fill is Full and Stroke is Hollow). Under stroke, the icons only change for the color, but the icons do not change for gradient and no/color/opacity.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. add a bar where you can see the history of colours used

kinda like Photoshop or Procreate but in Illustrator

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. evenly space color swatch while creating new gradient

being able to distribute color swatch inside the gradient window
    eg : i want 32 swatchs on a single gradient bar.
    being ablie to eveny distribute them instead of picking a value on click and drag it ( as it is really teadius or imprecise)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. highlight pantone swatch in pantone pallette

It used to be when you selected a pantone swatch in your palette, it would highlight the same pantone swatch in the pantone pallete. Somehow in the last couple years, this feature has been lost. The reason it is helpful is I can quickly find my pantone and pick a color deeper or lighter than it by looking to the left or right of that swatch. Right now, to find a pantone color, I need to type in the color and of course the only result is going to be that color. I can't see what is to the right…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a Spot Colors channel to the Separations Preview window

Add a "Spot Colors" channel to the "Separation Preview" window. Like you have in Acrobat. See screenshot attached. This will make toggling through the spot colors a LOT more easier and efficient. Then having to turn on and off each spot color individually.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Open the color picker with a single click

In Photoshop and XD the color pickers open with a single click. I can't think of any reason why we need to double click in illustrator

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The ability to switch 2 colours around when both are selected

Working on a logo at the moment and was thinking that it could be helpful if there was an 'inverse' option in illustrator, or the ability to switch 2 colours around if you have both objects selected at the same time, e.g. black becomes white and white becomes black. Possibly only possible if you have global colour selected on both colours? Very handy when 'sketching' ideas and quickly need to switch colours.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multiple Color Assignment - NIGHTMARE

At some point Illustrator added some kind of multiple color assignment where a shape could be assigned a color and then also the group it's in could be assigned a different color or something like this. I just want to say that this "feature" has cost me so much wasted time trying to change the color of an object. It makes the eyedropper not work correctly and making a simple color change become a nightmare because it has it has multiple assignments and it just won't change colors and you have hit "no fill" a bunch of times to clear…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Illustrator Swatch Panel to behave like InDesign

Colours should always be global.
    If a colour is deleted, it can be replaced with another.
    Global colours don't get converted to Spot colours when added to CC Library
    Introduce Mixed Ink colours

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. not grayscale color as default, or set other color setting as a default

I know that you can change the color mode in color window. But it's really pain in the *ss to do it every time I create a new document.
    and the idea setting grayscale as a default for every document with every color mode is ridicolous . (why Illustrator not changing it since it's way too inconvinient)
    Idk the history of Illustrator etc. and I won't be bothered by it, I just want to have an option to change the default color setting. that's it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Drag and Drop colors and gradients from "Swatches" to a User Created Library, then Save

I juggle multiple projects at once, sometimes they overlap. I have created a library of swatches that I return to often (gradients and colors), but often create new ones inside a project that I would like to add to my Custom library for use in other files. However, there is no easy option to add these new swatches to a custom library. Maybe there is a way to do this that I don't know about. Drag and Drop functionality with the ability to Save from the panel would be great.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pattern Swatches Shift when Copied & Pasted

Copying and pasting a pattern filled object or text, especially when pasting into a new document, should not shift the pattern. This causes many issues when passing files to others.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO REMOVE THE REGISTRATION COLOR SWATCH.

SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO REMOVE 'REGISTRATION' FROM COLOR SWATCH PANEL.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. repeating pattern random recolor art

the merger of recolor art and the idea of variations in the context of repeating patterns. the recolor art needs a slot like interface where the user can store several variations on a theme into 'alt slots' these could be accessed by the repeating pattern algorithm to generate a more diverse result. perhaps with variations on size and rotation of the constituent elements.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add colors from toolbar to swatches in Illustrator

I would like to suggest that you should add a feature of "Add to swatches" from Indesign to Adobe Illustrator also. As you'd know in Indesign when we right click in ToolBar on froreground color or Outline we can simply add the color to swatches easily, but in illustrator we have to drag forcefully and drop it in Swatches panel.
    Attached is a screenshot from Indesign and Illustrator Workspaces for your reference.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. image trace distorts the image

Image trace creates a transparent line around the image so when added to swatches, the image doesn't go together. There is a transparent line around the swatch

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Freeform gradient live update option

While live update is a nice thing to have (we still wait until you make all draggable art live updated), it's still not very fast.
    Please make an option to turn off live update for freeform gradients, so a fill would update only when you release fill points.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base