When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to show rulers by default

I would like an option to set the rulers to show by default. I know it's only one shortcut away, but I have to do it about a million times a day. (OK, maybe only 500K)

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

69 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

Apologies for partial implementation of the original request, and marking it as completed.

We have started work on this request again, and it will make it to Beta build soon. I will update this thread when it makes to Beta.

Thanks,

Varun

2. Change "Export For Screens" Save Path Default To File Folder

f I go to File > Export > Export For Screens the default save path points to the last folder I used. What we as users are expecting is the default path to be equal to the same folder as the Illustrator file is currently located in.

If you feel this should not be the default at least give us a way to change this in the AI Preferences. Thanks!

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fully support the SVG standard

Illustrator can not read every SVG file. Some it doesn't read at all, some are imported only halfway or just completely messed up. There are issues with <use>, especially when used in herarchies. e.g. this file: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europaflagge#/media/File:FlagofEurope.svg There are issues with groups and masks and there are issues when units are missing e.g. from stroke widths. Also: SVG can have several attributes which Illustrator will delete when opening. Fully supporting the standard will enable people to have a workflow based on SVG files.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just a general status update. We are currently and will continuously improve SVG import support in Adobe Illustrator. We are currently working on solving the issues mentioned in this report. Please feel free to open new bug reports here on uservoice if you are experiencing additional/untracked issues.

4. GET RID OF THE REVERT HOTKEY!

The hot key for Revert is WAY too similar to the hot key for Save As in Photoshop and I lost an entire day fo work saving after finishing a project. The fact that that can happen accidentally, even with the approval button is INFURIATING!

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

We have started working on this request. This was only a Mac-related issue where the shortcut got changed. We are setting it back to F12. We are not removing this shortcut, because a lot if users do use this shortcut. If you want to remove it, or change it to even more obscure key, you can do it as per your liking by editing the shortcut.

Please refer this link to know how to customize keyboard shortcuts: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/customizing-keyboard-shortcuts.html#Definenewkeyboardshortcuts

Thanks,

Varun

5. Align to artboard when only when item/group of items is selected.

Have aligning be dynamic depending on what is selected. If one item or group of items is selected auto select align to artboard rather than the last selected option.

If multiple items are selected but not group it would auto select align to selection.

This would reduce time having to check what you are aligning to since 99% of the time when you are trying to align a group it is to the artboard and the same with selecting multiple objects. It is a hassle having to constantly be checking and changing my align options.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for this feedback. We have started working on this. Now, when you’ll select a single object/group, Align To setting will default to Align To Artboard. Will update this thread when this gets implemented in Beta.

Thanks,

Varun

6. New artboard default to spacing set in Rearrange artboard panel

It would be useful if when you create a new artboard that the spacing between it and the previous one reflects the spacing you have defined in the 're-arrange artboards' panel.

Currently it defaults to something around 7/8mm which is annoying when you have artwork that spills over, as moving the artboard drags the artwork with it. I know you can turn that feature off, but the spacing defaulting to what you've already defined would still be very useful.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Freeform gradient doesn't work with Recolor Artwork

There is no way to recolor the gradient points in the Freeform Gradient in Color Guide → Recolor Artwork. This is very problematic when you try to apply a color group to the gradient. It works very well with regular gradients, but not with freeform gradients. I think this needs an update or else it will be very time consuming to edit all the colors of a freeform gradient.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bounding Box Preview Bounds

CC 23.01 Mac High Sierra

When a single object is selected, Preview Bounds is on, the Bounding Box does not reflect the Preview Bounds - it is the same as if Preview Bounds is off.

When selecting multiple objects it works as it should

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug report form for illustrator should accept SVG attachments

It's very difficult to share SVG bugs with you guys if your bug report form wont accept SVG. Couldn't even 7s it.

I know this is not an Illustrator bug, but I have an illustrator bug which I can't report because your bug reporter is configured poorly. So that's why I am reporting it under this category. Please pass it on to the appropriate people on your web team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base