Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View Using GPU Gets Greyed Out Permanently with Outline Mode

Hello, with fresh preferences, 'View using GPU' and scrubby zoom are enabled in Illustrator. if I turn on Outline Mode, Illustrator loses connection with my GPU. The 'View using GPU' option becomes greyed out and never restores. In order to get it back I have to delete my preferences. Here is my system info:

Illustrator 25.1
    GPU: 2 x NVIDIA Titan Black
    RAM: 64 GB Memory
    GPU Driver: Driver 460.89
    Display: ASUS PQ321Q 4K

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

93 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

After having investigated the issue with some users , we have been able to find a reproducible scenario for this issue which is due to using a specific color profile which is Generic-CMYK.

Our team is working on fixing this issue on priority.Until the issue is fixed please follow the below steps as a workaround :

1. Go to Edit → Color Settings
    2. Under Settings set the default color profile → North America General Purpose 2
    3.Press OK

Then try creating new document.

Incase with the above workaround still the issue is observed at your end, please let us know in the comments .

With Best Regards,
    Aishwarya G Gadodia

2. 透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置するとGPUプレビューできない。

オペレーティングシステム macOS 10.15.6(imac20,1 32GBmem/1TBSSD/AMD Radeon Pro 5300_4GB)
    Illustrator CC ver.25.2.3

問題が発生したときに実行していた手順
    1. CMYKドキュメントをGPU表示で編集中に透明部分を含むグレースケールモードのPSDファイルを配置する。
    2. GPUプレビューからCPUプレビューに切り替わり、以降、Illustratorを再起動するまでそのドキュメントでは先程の配置画像を除去してもGPUプレビュー表示に戻せない。

想定していた結果
    GPU表示が正しく機能する。

実際の結果
    CPU表示に強制的に切り替わってしまい、GPUプレビュー表示に出来ない。

RGBモードのドキュメントではこの症状は発生しません。透明部分を含む画像形式であっても他の形式ではこの問題は発生しません。また、Windowsでは起きないとの報告を受けています。
    以下のコミュニティスレッドをご参照下さい。
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustratorフォーラム/gpuで表示-が使えなくなる/m-p/12040056#M25098

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

製品フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

Mac 版の Illustrator 2021 製品版にて、以下の現象が確認されました。
    (Windows 版、または Illustrator 2020 では問題が発生しない)

・グレースケール PSD ファイルは、背景をレイヤーに変換しただけでも問題が再現する
    ・RGB カラーモードのドキュメントに配置した場合は問題ない
    ・埋め込み配置の場合は問題ない

今後、さらに検証を行ってまいります。
    情報アップデートがありましたら、こちらでご報告いたします。

Illustrator チーム

3. Performance issues in pixel preview on 5K retina screen

When working in pixel preview mode on the retina screen of my iMac, the scrolling and zooming in Illustrator are very laggy. Please do the needful ASAP or we plan to move to "Affinity" because illustrator is unusable for me and its impact our workflow.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Hi All,

Thanks for reporting this issue and sorry for getting back so late. We are able to reproduce this issue at our end and it is currently under review.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

4. Hide text highlighting on "Hide Edges" (CMD+H)

This was never fixed in CC 2015 - 2017 and the same **** bug is in CC2018.

In ALL previous versions of AI prior to CC2015 (or at least as far back as CS5 when I got Illy), if you selected text with the Text Tool which made the text highlighted, if you then performed the Hide Edges command, the highlight would NOT show... that way you could change the color, Tracking, font size etc of ONLY the SELECTED characters without affecting the others.

The "big deal" here is when you are trying to see the color change take effect…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Anish Kumar responded

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this bug Illustrator Team really appreciate this.
    We are able to reproduce this issue in house and we are investigating it .

5. New Illustrator 2020 laggy and slow on the simplest of tasks

Illustrator 2020 is really laggy and slow, only when completing simple tasks like colour picking, moving art-boards, selecting different objects, or even just wanting to zoom in or out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  GPU Rendering Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

General slowness on using Illustrator on Mac is one of the major issues reported in this thread. Illustrator team made significant progress in replacing Illustrator’s GPU rendering engine from OpenGL to macOS Native Metal Rendering Engine – https://developer.apple.com/metal/.
    We have observed common operations like Zoom, Pan, and rendering operations are now smoother in cases where it was sluggish as reported in this thread. We urge Mac users to try the Illustrator Beta build with Metal support and share your feedback.
    Please note, this may not address other performance issues reported in this thread not related to rendering like File Save, Export, or slowness in any particular feature.

This build is available in Illustrator Prerelease Download Section – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base