When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

766 results found

1. Installing old versions of Illustrator!

My Illustrator 2020 / 24.6 was crashing on startup, so i decided to delete and reinstall it.
    Now i can't find on Creative Cloud the same version (2020/ 24.6) to download.
    I've been informed by customer service that Adobe no longer provides previous versions of the apps. I never received any information that the company would no longer provide the older versions and now I can't reinstall the version I had on my computer. My OS doesn't support updates anymore so I can't install the latest versions of Illustrator. Customer service only provides base version 24.0 for offline installation and…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Renaming Layer Shortcut Keys!

Hello there Illustrator Devs!.

I just wanted to ask about a very simple feature but until today it hasn't been added to the Illustrator App

can you add a shortcut to rename a layer?. it is important for motion graphic artists to rename all the layers so it will be clear which layer for each object in after effects.

double-clicking is ok but it seems to be more efficient if I can bind some hotkeys to rename layers because using hotkeys or shortcuts just requires one hand only rather than using a mouse.

I will appreciate it if you consider…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Support for 3Dconnexion spacemouse

3Dconnexion makes devices that have 6 axis of movement (a bit like a joystick). In CAD software these are as standard as a mouse. It is used to manipulate the object in 3D on the screen as if you were holding the object or as if you were holding a flying camera hovering around the object (your choice).
    In 2D environments these devices can be used for moving the canvas top-down, left-right and for zooming. Additionally macro buttons are available on many of the devices.
    Please make a driver / implementation for this. It seems that the 2D world is…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please make the units setting bound to the files, or at least change with workspaces!

Adding to this idea:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/32403850-make-units-and-grid-settings-to-be-bound-to-file#comments

I work with both printed and digital formats, on top of that much of my work is multilingual, involving English, Japanese, Portuguese and other languages (at least we don't deal with LTR type... for the time!).

As such, I'm constantly changing units from mm to pixels and points, type from points to mm to Q, it's a mess! And I do that several times a day.

I guess the easier path would be to bind the units settings to the workspaces, as binding to the files would require changing the .ai format. But what do…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New Free Distort effect interface

We really need a global, accurate transform and distort window in the application. It needs more detail, the ability to recall the last applied action and interaction with bitmaps. This is a feature people have been asking for nearly 20 years - I've even designed it for you! Can you build it now?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Distribute Spacing in Control and Properties panels

Distribute Spacing is for me the most used alignment option. Unfortunately, it doesn't show in the Control panel, so I always have to use the full alignment panel, just to use this one button while all the other alignment options are right at hand at the top of the screen. It would be great if it would be added there - maybe optionally.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Constrain angle setting doesn't work untuitively, and is rather useless

Right now, when the Constrain Angle setting is at its default value of 0°, you can hold down the Shift key to move an object along the 0°, 45°, 90°, 135°, (etc) axes. This is fine.

But if you change the constrain angle to something else, say 30° (as someone making isometric illustrations would be likely to do), then the set of constrain angles changes to 30°, 75°, 120°, 165°, etc. This is not useful. It would make much more sense for the set of constrain angles for a setting of 30° to be 0°, 30°, 60°, 90°, 120°, 150°,…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Customisable touch workspace.

Adobe, could we please have a customisable touch workspace? The other workspaces can be altered, why not this one?
    It could be a cool idea to be able to add the delete, undo and redo buttons to the sidebar menu in the classic workspace.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Shift Constrain to Match Photoshop 2019

Now that Photoshop 2019 has eliminated the need for Shift to constrain scaling, why hasn't Illustrator 2019 done the same? It makes no sense to be inconsistent within the family of Adobe design applications, and it is very inconvenient as well. This should have been a global modification.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3D Mouse Support

Originally posted in the forums:

I am aware that this has been asked before, but I have not found an adequate answer.

I have always disliked the methods used by Illustrator for pan and zoom functions.

I have been using a program called X-Mouse Button Control to remap the functions of the mouse wheel and middle click to pan and zoom operations. For panning, this works well: Middle click to pan. In X-Mouse, the middle click is replaced with a macro that will hold the space key, and simulate a click/hold of the left mouse button. This allows panning in…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Since you're not maintaining Illustrator, open-source it.

Year after year, we ask for simple but glaring deficiencies to be fixed. But NOTHING is fixed.

Top example: There's no way to force Illustrator to select ONLY the objects that are FULLY ENCLOSED by the selection rectangle. I don't know of any other vector-art program that lacks this feature, and some even use it by default.

Yes, we've reported this problem. Yes, we voted for the feature request. Year after year after year.

I bought Affinity Designer because I consider Illustrator unusable with this defect. And that's after years of running Corel Draw in a VM to, again, avoid…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The "Align" tool doesn't align

So the align tools is organized like this:

Align Objects:
    Vertical alignment tools Horizontal alignment tools

Distribute Objects:
    Horizontal distrib. tools Vertical distrib. tools

It confuses me each time. Why aren't the vertical tools both on the left, and both the horizontal tools on the right? Each time I use it I have to stop for a second and think about it before jumping horizontally to the tool I actually want. Please put the vertical alignment and distribution tools on the left, and the horizontal alignment and distribution tools on the right!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. voice activated commands

What if all your basic commands could be said aloud? For example:
    "File, save, export, save for web, jpg, 72 dpi, save, save to X folder..." or "select same fill color and stroke color, change to PMS246, object ungroup, select tool, select Layer 1, add 2 point white outline"

Why would this be cool?

I am the worst at remembering short keys or using short keys and I'm sure not the only one. When software gets updated, sometimes things get moved in menus and that can be frustrating. I can say the commands faster than I can point, click or…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Less Selection Handles

A new handle and selection system was introduced, which included rounded corners, scale, and rotation options. Some of this was a good feature, until it wasn't. I desire a preference for turning off most handle options because with them on, I'm unable to select-option drag copy, or move elements unless I zoom in 1000 percent. The rotate and modifier keeps getting in my way and it's driving me nuts. Selecting and moving objects shouldn't be this frustrating.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have an 'expand' button on the Image Trace properties panel

Have an 'expand' button on the Image Trace properties panel..

It's a pretty crazy change to remove it..
    why have it tucked away in the menus ?!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to change canvas color

Ability to change background behind art board to any greyscale that works for old tired eyes, independent of the interface setting. I prefer a dark interface with a white art board but a light gray background.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search / Filter option in Find/Replace Font dialog

Here is my problem. On InDesign when you do "Find/Replace font" you can select the missing font and then you can SEARCH and then replace the font. In Illustrator, the same method exists. BUT you cannot SEARCH... Why? Did I miss something?? Do I really have to scroll through the 4000 fonts to get to the one I want?
    Could we have the same panel on Illustrator as in InDesign?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Absolute mode that always sets a fill a single click and stroke with the Alt+click/right click

Setting a color for fill and stroke depends on what is 'active' in the toolbox. This is a relative mode mode and it's unique for Adobe apps (and their imitators/imitators).

What about giving a direct way of setting fill/stroke, without remembering which is in focus now? somewhat like Corel Draw does?
    Give us an option to be able to set a fill with a single click, and a stroke with the Alt+click (and additionally bringing it to focus), or right click.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give us the option to pin a file or template to the home screen of Illustrator and photoshop.

I work with a file where I have saved many shadow effects and icons. I have to open a lot of files during the day and at the end of the day the Ai file gets bumped to the bottom or out of the home screen. The next day I have to look it up again and I feel it would be easier if I just could pin it to the home screen so it doesn't get bumped down or disappears completely of the home screen.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base