1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

767 results found

1. AUTO NUMBER LAYERS?

As a graphic designer I often work with illustrator files that have thousands of layers, these layers are very well organized in folders, I would like to suggest that illustrator add a function allowing users like me to auto number every layer. The layer number would be visible on each layer . This would let me quickly identify a layer with a specific number and then return to that layer later if I want to read manipulate the artwork there. It would also be great if I could, I.e. right click layer X X X and asked to move it…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Preferences User Interface UI Scaling: Drop down menu list needs to scale too.

Drop down menu text is too small/light to tell if an item is unavailable (grayed out) I thought if I increased the UI Scaling the dropdown menu items would also appear larger.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Illustrator Bug save file copy and paste

When saving the file, it is impossible to paste information into the title to put what I copied with the keyboard shortcuts. It is also impossible to copy information from the title

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Feature to export custom Keyboard Shortcuts

Those of us that frequently customize our Key commands and want to easily transfer them to other versions of Illustrator.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improve Symbol Workflows

1. Today the defaults always persist for new symbols - i.e. if you want your symbols to be Static you need to select this option manually from a dropdown every single time you create a symbol. If the Symbol Options dialog simply remembered the previous choice it would be super helpful.

2. Today you can drag a linked image into the symbols palette, name your symbol, configure your symbol choices, then click OK - only then is an error shown that 'a symbol definition cannot contain a linked image'. It would be way more helpful to provide this feedback on the drag…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Layers Panel: Layers Name Available Width

I like my Layers Panel thumbnails to be large, like really large, larger than 'Large' for sure, so that i can easily see what's going on. I also like to name my layers briefly but accurately for the same reason. I don't have a big, wide screen however, so for me every tiny width saving matters. And here i come to the thing that infuriates me: why does Illustrator already trim layers names when there is still plenty room for them to be displayed in full?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Combine color and stroke in one palette

Older versions of ai had color and stroke in one palette... since in almost 100% of the cases when you draw an object you will need to modify both. This could be be an option under both current palettes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow a transparency setting for Trim View

I love trim view! But can you add a setting to Prefs that allows you to set the transparency of the background so I can still see stuff outside of the trim. I often keep stuff outside of the artboard as reference, but now it is completely hidden and I have to keep turning off trim view to see it. I would love to set the trim transparency top somehting like 90% opacity so I can still trim the art view, but still see my other stuff outside of the art board. I also would like to see my bleeds.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Change Adobe Illustrator's UI from dark to light with macOS mojave dark mode

It would be nice if illustrator (and photoshop) changes the UI from light to dark with macOS Mojave's light/dark mode automatically

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Touch bar customisation with actions

It would be awesome if illustrator CC could have touch bar customization with actions. I already use some of the build in touch bar buttons, and I though it would be awesome to have the option to add actions to the touch bar. For example, having like a little actions folder on the left or the right side of the touch bar that when open, will show all of the actions and other folders inside. Then you could just tap on the touch bar to trigger an action. I know that you can already set actions to trigger on function…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Scrollable Panels and Tools

I want to be able to scroll panel and tool windows.

Panels:
    I want to keep my most-used panels open in a scrollable sidebar rather than having to expand and collapse them. Generally speaking, expanding a tool collapses another. This leads to unnecessary clicks and movement. Unless I choose to collapse a panel, it should remain open — respect my intention! I expect panels to remain in the same place I left them, not shift up or down according to which panel was opened last.

Tools:
    On a small screen, the single-column toolbar gets cut off by the application frame,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Paste with User Controlled Placement

Currently paste function tosses the pasted object to the center of the pasteboard.

This causes issues with selecting/locating the pasted object and it is an inefficient tool for productivity.

Like other design software the Paste function should provide the user with a controlled landing position by showing the full sized boundary of the incoming pasting object while it automatically follows the mouse.

This is feature is much more efficient to design than the current paradigm.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Keyboard commands to cycle through layers similar to Photoshop

Please consider a way to navigate, activate, delete and move layers using keyboard commands, similar to photoshop.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Increase the size of artboard names in artboards

On my 4k monitor I can barely read the artboard names up in the corner of each artboard. Please allow larger font

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Corner Palette Tool to Properties Palette

I would like to see Adobe add the Corner Palette Tool to Properties Palette for more precise control. The Corner Widget is too random.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Lost Feature Request - Please bring back COMMAND + ENTER (+ ALT) to Transform values

Please bring back this “lost” features from earlier versions of Illustrator;

1) When holding down COMMAND (CMD) when entering a TRANSFORM value + ENTER, one used to scale proportionally, just as with activating the “link values” icon to the right, only without having to link and de-link all the time ...

2) I am sure the link is great for casual or more inexperienced users, but these key commands used to make my work so much faster. Also, holding down CMD + ALT used to make a new instance or copy with those new values, logical and consistent, somehow this…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Match display sizes across CC apps already. Please.

1. Open AI
    2. Create new A4 document
    3. Display @ 100%
    4. Open ID
    5. Create new A4 document
    6. Display @ 100%
    7. View AI and ID windows side by side
    8. Compare sizes.

FFS! Please make apps sync real 100% size rendering of documents already. It‘s fundamental for graphic professionals to be able to view documents in real size. Why is this still not fixed.

100% is 100% irrespective of display resolution. Come on, it‘s 2017. Nobody is working on 72 dpi anymore. We all have 5K retina displays.

Please try to keep up, Adobe.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ai now displays A4 as a proper 210×297mm (if Display Print Size at 100% Zoom option is set in Preferences) — you can check it with a ruler next to a screen.

This messes up 100% for Web-based documents, unfortunately, and this is yet have to be resolved.

InDesign, however, displays it a bit smaller… (this should be asked from InDesign developers).
    Photoshop does it almost perfect when you choose View > Actual Size.

18. Include Select Similar Objects button and dropdown in the Properties panel

Please add Select Similar (same, colour, stroke, etc...) button, to new Properties panel(2018). And option for aligning one single object to artboard in Properties panel, would by fine too(without entering Align panel).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Replace" automatically selected

Everytime I place an image I have to check if "replace" is clicked. If I have a picture selected and then "place", it means I want to replace it. Please fix this, it's very annoying and have been there for ages.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Copy parts from multiple layers into multiple layers

I work with a lot of parts that I need to keep separated for output. A simple example is a complex, compound shape with 20 elements. I have 10 on a "cut" layer and 10 on a "print" layer. If I copy and paste them, I can only paste them into one layer. I might want them to go back into the same layers or into 2 new layers. I never want them in the same layer. I now have to go in and separate them all into the proper layers.

This is important because the layers tell our output…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You can enable Paste Remembers Layers in the panel’s menu to make Illustrator remember layers your objects were copied from and insert them on layers with same name when pasted. If these layers don’t exist, Illustrator will create them. Be careful and disable it when not needed, if might make a mess when not needed. Also note that with this option enable everything copied from an isolation mode creates a separate 'Isolation mode' layer, which is stupid — vote here if you think this should be addressed: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/37935496-paste-remembers-layers-bug-with-isolation-mode
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base