1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

157 results found

1. Recolor Artwork Swatch Replacement

I would like a simple interface where I can see what colors are being used in my document and have the ability to select colors and replace them with swatches (either from the swatches panel, a cc library, or by entering values). The current process of merging/replacing swatches in the swatch panel is time consuming and frustrating. Seems like the recolor artwork panel should have this functionality. I don't want to scale tints or use color groups. A use case for this is making sure an illustration only uses brand colors, or if you need to update an illustration with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this using the Recolor panel (the full one, that is under Advanced Options). It’s quite straightforward, although not obvious.

Double-click the small color chip under in the New column, and the Color Picker dialog appear. Then click the Color Swatches button and choose a swatch you need. No hustle with the scaling of tints or putting your swatches in color groups, it’s that simple.

2. Nix the Stupid Blue Share Button

Get rid of the stupid giant blue "Share" button in the toolbar. It's very distracting because it looks like I constantly have a notification. And I will never use it. We've been all through this with Acrobat already!

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. alt click swatches to add colors to a selected gradient

With a gradient object selected, it would be much quicker to alt click swatches from the swatch panel to add to current selection

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. artwork over canvas isolation toggle

Toggle function that changes the view between showing all artwork in a drawing, and only showing everything that is actually over the canvas. basically, a quick and easy toggle to see what an exported pdf would look like. Exactly like the toggle built into InDesign (toggled by "w").

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. unlimited artboards for storyboarding to scale

Storyboarding at 1920x1080 and I can only get 48 artboards. My computer can easily handle more. Why the limit - more please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you need to have a larger canvas, you can force Illustrator to enable the 'large canvas mode' by entering the size larger than 227 in (or 16383 px). Ai will warn you the scaling mode gets enabled. Commit and change the size of your artboard to 1920×1080. Done, you now have a larger canvas (actually it means it’s scaled internally and you loose one fractional space, but for storyboarding it’s just fine).

Read more about this here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/large-sized-artwork.html

6. Bring back menu highlighting feature in 'HELP' menu

Please bring back menu highlighting feature for Illustrator and Photoshop! In previous versions, you could type a word in the HELP dropdown (i.e. "offset path in Ai"), and the menu where the item is located would drop down and highlight the item. This is very useful because designers sometimes remember the name of a feature, but not where it is located. Also for learning it is very useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Export artboards with the correct sequential order

I am creating multiple page presentations and often I have to insert or move artboards. When I export the artboards to JPG or PNG they are named after their original artboard number which creates a lot of extra work for me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator uses the actual order of artboards in the Artboards panel for numbering, not the one you have on canvas (because artboards can be used not only as pages, but viewports, intersect and contain each other). To get the order you need, you should re-arrange the list manually in the panel.

There is also a request for automating the matching inverted process: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/44105052-rearrange-artboards-on-canvas-accordingly-to-their

8. Masked object within a masked object?

Is it possible to put a masked object (with clip) inside another mask? When I do this - the masked object within gets its clipped path released.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    One can apply a new opacity mask to an object that already has it, if you group this object first — then apply a mask to this container. However, if your object is a single group already, Illustrator won’t allow you to create another group (for obvious reason, to prevent an accidental 'group wrapping'). You can workaround it if you group it with a dummy object and delete it after, or use a free Group Anyway script: https://onthehead.com/ais/group003/
  9. Movie Clip symbol?

When a Symbol is created, it defaults to 'Movie Clip'.
    Is that a legacy from the Flash era?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. flip artboard dimensions/orientation

Many versions ago, there used to be a little arrow next to the artboard dimensions that would switch the width and height values. Meaning, if I had 8.5x11, I could hit the button to change the dimensions to 11x8.5. Where did it go?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ペンツールのカーソルについて

ペンツールのカーソルが大きすぎて、使いづらいと感じています。
    カーソルを自由に選べるようにならないでしょうか…?
    (CS5のカーソルが使いやすかったです)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Vector Importing for Library Assets

I would like the option to be able to import vector CC Library Assets as live vectors (rather than as a link) in Illustrator.

This is a vector editing software.....and the asset I'm grabbing from the library to bring in as a vector asset (and probably originally built in Illustrator).....why can't I have an alternate means (ex. Shift+Drag for import = import as live vector art) to be able to bring the asset in as an editable piece of art?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Dynamic Swatch

It would be awesome to link colors used in multiple places to a parent color swatch. When wanting to change every instance of a specific hex value you could make the change once and have them all update (similar feature in InDesign, I believe?)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to auto-sharp an anchor point when using the pen tool.

By default when making a anchor point with the pen tool it gives you a curve anchor(2 direction handles). I request that we have the option to make it a sharp anchor(1 direction handle).

Currently in order to make a sharp anchor you have to go back and select the anchor again. This is a slow method if you only draw in sharp anchors. By having this new option it will be lot faster and easier to draw in this style.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Select all the value at once

Is it possible when clicking on a value such the shape, dimensions or text height etc. to select all the value so it can be replaced faster. Right now I have to delete the values number by number or select all with Ctrl-A then delete.
    It would be appreciated if you have the option to select all when clicking on it.
    It will save a lot of time.
    Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. offset path feature won't become a sharp

Why if I have a curve that has several very small (sharp) angles, when I enter it in the offset path feature (+ offset), then the offset result can't be sharp anyway. but if (-) is offset, then can it turn sharp?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Unlock individual items

Please add the ability to unlock individual items (instead of having to unlock all, then relock all but the one you need). We've been working around this for years, so when I noticed it was available in XD, I thought I'd ask for it to available in Illustrator

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator allows to unlock individual objects on canvas, if you enable 'Select and Unlock object on Canvas' option in Preferences, Selection & Anchor Display section.

Also, you can right click on the spot that has your locked object, choose Unlock and then this item by its name, without enabling that option.

18. Send proof to customer

We proof every item to customers before printing. It would be great if there was a tool to send a proof that could be approved through all common design programs. Giving the customer the ability to submit for changes and do a final approval before the job goes to print.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow for graphics placed from CC Library to be expanded and converted to curves

Right now, when you place a vector from the CC Library, you can't use it as if it were a vector created on the spot. This hinders speed of creation and prevents 2 crucial things:

1. You can't change colors of the vector without editing the original CC item
    2. You can't use it with pathfinder for a print job for example (imagine you want to cut a shape out of PVC or something). Right now, to do this, you must double click the library item, copy and paste it on your document.

Altough it might not seem much work, if, for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can drag an asset with the Alt/Opt key held to embed it instead of placing.

However, please note a PDF-copy of an asset is used, and not the original artwork you had imported into a Library, which means the embedded copy can have extra clipping masks and expanded effects.

20. Triangles

Add the use of triangles into shapes as this will help with projects. as there is the only use of lines, square and circles.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base