Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests
When entering a new feature request, please provide:
- Description
- Why is this valuable to you?
434 results found
-
1 vote
-
Fullcap function doesn't work for ydieresis
The fullcaps function doesn't work for the character “ÿ” y-dieresis. All the other letters work correctly, and it works in inDesign too, the problem seems to appear only in AI and PS
Here is the file https://adobe.ly/2StUHJN
1 vote -
Rotate all text in place
Being able to select all Text on an art board and rotate it all in place would be extremely helpful versus having to rotate each text box individually after rotating an art board.
1 voteAn intended way of doing that is to use Object > Transform > Transform Each command. But there is no way to rotate objects right there on canvas with the Rotate tool. If you want the mode for Rotate tool to do that, vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/46268581-rotate-objects-separately
-
Font auto-activation for fonts stored on local PC
The CC 2019 update Activate Adobe Font function is brilliant, but it would be even better if it did the same for fonts on my own computer too
1 vote -
1 vote
-
Oval text box
The ability to click and drag with the type tool to draw an oval text box, as an alternative to the current rectangle text box, would be a good option to have.
1 vote -
CANT RE-GROUP THE VECTORIZED TEXT WHY?
when the text is vectorized i cant Group after Un Grouping them ve to make a object in group so it workt the same way i Group the objects by Right click >Group
what i need is.
on Vectorizing the Text and ungrouping them .. gives me the availability to Group them back again.thanks
Awaiting for Repl1 voteAs far as I know, the Group command now is available in the context menu for a selection of multiple objects, after an Image Tracing object gets expanded, no difference from any other selection.
If you still have the issue, please comment back.
-
1 vote
-
Notepad like text editor for better rewrites
Until Outline to text is added could you please add an inbuilt text editor which can make retyping text a much less hassle.
I want it to be able to help me match my newly rewritten type best match the outline converted text.1 vote -
Emoji Support
I tried to type the emoji on my Windows keyboard and it comes up as boxes. I can type them in Excel-- it seems like I should be able to in illustrator too!
1 vote -
1 vote
-
Accessing Legacy Typefaces (non Variable Concept ones)
The new version of Minion and Myriad are EXCELLENT, and I am very excited by the possibilities that this opens up. But I work in Art production, and for consistency, I need access to the legacy version of these typefaces. May we have access to both?
1 vote -
space through characters
Like old Macromedia Freehand, It has a mouse drag and hot key to increase the space characters
1 voteYou can adjust spacing between a selection of characters with a hotkey Cmd/Ctrl + Opt/Alt + K (which focuses the input) and then Arrow keys.
-
Font Style Sheets
The integration of all products in the Adobe suite has helped my workflow tremendously with one exception. If I am working on a project requiring multiple outputs from Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Animate, and Premiere, I have to create design templates for each (when possible) to get each program to use the fonts required for the project.
It would be nice if there were a tool allowing me to create a master style sheet for all outputs that would let me select the fonts used in ALL of my output files. Not only would this make my workflow more efficient, it…0 votes
- Don't see your idea?