1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Switching tabs doesn’t show the correct image in High Sierra

It’is absolutely impossible to work on Illustrator 2020. I have version 24.2, and there constantly switching tabs doesn’t work correctly. No matter what tab I've selected, I can only see 1 file. This happens randomly, and I have to restart the program to get the tabs to work properly again.

By the way, this is also observed in Photoshop 2020.

This bug is at least one year old. I don’t know how to fix it.

P.S. These screenshots are not mine (I don’t know how to cause this bug). But I have exactly the same situation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sticky swatches, patterns, gradients, brushes and symbols.

I get so very tired of having to re-create what I've made or added earlier, or find the original file that contains things I've created earlier. It's starting from zero every time I open a new file.

It would be so nice to have things I added to panels be there for the next file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Smart Guides snapping to the cursor is just making me work much slower

I have been having problems with smart guides after the recent update. It has been snapping my cursor to objects, which I have never wanted and never will want to do that ever. I just want to simply align objects together, and now I have to use the features in the align window to time-consumingly do the jobs. Please remove the snap-to-cursor feature for the sake of my deadlines.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Distribute objects doesn't work properly now

Illustrator updated the other day (as did Photoshop and InDesign). When I select a group of objects to distribute evenly it changes the overall area to something much more narrow. I am now having to place each object by hand. Please fix.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. „Remember“ the original layers of grouped objects

long, long time ago, Freehand had a great function (indeed it hat a lot of great functions that I am still missing in Illustrator): When you grouped Objects from different Layers, it remembered the original layers of these objects. So you could group them, do with them whatever you wanted and after ungrouping all objects went back to their original layers what was a very useful function. I whish, Illustrator wound offer something like this, too...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Free Distort and Perspective to work with Live Text.

Allow Free Distort and Perspective to work with LIVE Text.
    Having to convert text to curves before distorting is too destructive.
    There's no way to edit the text after distorting. Corel Draw let me do this back in the 90's.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make Isolate work for components of a compound paths/shapes

Ai allows you to isolate a single path within document structure, but it only applies to groups. If you want to isolate a part of the compound path/shape — you won't be able to do it.
    I fully understand that this requires Ai to decide what to do with art that is created at this isolation level, especially not ordinary paths: type, mesh, brushes... But this can be checked, both creation and pasting and dragging.
    Speaking of compound shapes it would also mean that the boolean result will change.
    Still, a very welcome feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. This is for Illustrator DRAW (which doesn't have an option in your list)

I hope to be able to open a legacy Illustrator for Mac file in Illustrator DRAW on my iPad. I have so many!!! Either open it outright or open it as a background that I could sketch over. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Kill switch

Would be great FOR ALL ADOBE PRODUCTS to create a kill switch at start-up. Don't know how many times I have launched AE when I meant to click on Illustrator, or really any product. Having a button to stop the software from launching after accidentally clicking on it would be great, locate the button on the start-up panel....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. All Adobe software should change the zoom and panning tools to work like in Photoshop.

Hi, I want to control the zoom in Illustrator and in InDesign with the mouse in the same way I can do it in Photoshop. Zoom in and out with the mouse wheel and panning by pressing the mouse wheel.

In Photoshop I just need one hand to use zoom and pan, which is the best alternative. All Adobe software should change the zoom and panning tools to work like in Photoshop. Why force us to use both hands to zoom and pan when it can be done with just one hand like in Photoshop? I is easier, more user…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add 'relink all instances' option checkbox in relink file dialog box

Add a 'relink all instances' option/checkbox in relink file dialog box.

There should be a checkbox to relink ALL INSTANCES of a specific link with a new image in one go.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In actions, ability to copy a dimension from transform window and paste in a move command

In actions, the ability to copy a horizontal or vertical dimension from the transform palette so that it can be pasted in another command (usually move).
    For example, I'd like to be able (in an action) to copy the height of a selected object, then paste that elsewhere, such as move that distance, or create a rectangle with that measurement as one of the dimensions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ability to reset origin to upper left in actions

ability to reset origin to upper left in actions. Currently done manually by clicking on the rulers, but would be good to be able to include that in an action.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Auto guides

My workflow would be so much quicker if when you draw a box or shape, you could hit a command that creates auto guides vertically and horizontal centrally to just that box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Link Arrowheads

I find myself often selecting the same Arrowhead style for both Start and End.
    This could be made easy by adding an option to link both.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Illustrator Updates

Every single time I try and update Adobe Illustrator, it gives me an Error Code 145 and does not update. I have to log out of Creative Cloud, restart my computer, log back into Creative Cloud, and try updating again. This is incredibly frustrating since I usually have several other things in the works and I have to close everything down and restart. The explanation I got, "the application processes would have stuck which causes the error." PLEASE FIX THIS!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a notes/comments feature

Hello! Adobe should add a feature to add notes to layers, groups, or anything else! They could be hidden so they won't clutter the workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bring back the moon phase option in the info bar at the bottom left of the document window.

Once upon a time, one of the choices you could make for the info bar in the bottom left of the document window was the lunar phase: you'd get a little graphic, and the name of the current phase. It was a silly hidden option along with "Mordy's Home Phone Number" and "Eyes". But I liked it, and I always kept it set to the moon phase. It reminded me that the world outside existed, and gave me a quiet connection to the stars that I liked.

When the whole UI got rewritten a while back, it vanished. Along with…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. drop down boxes appear off screen - instead of simply dropping down.

I encounter and issue in illustrator where my drop-down menus appear either on the left of my screen or in the case of the Variable Width Profile opens at the bottom of my screen, (outside of illustrator) and won't allow me to select the profile I would prefer. It's a floating box but it won't allow me to move it. I have a similar issue in Premier as well. I don't have this issue in PS, so it appears as exlcusive to illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base