How can we improve Illustrator? Vote for or share a new idea.

584 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
NOTE:
1. You will have to reset your toolbar once if it is already disturbed. refer to this knowledge base to see how you can reset – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1900963
2. What we have fixed is the tool bar is no longer editable as long as it is not in the toolbar edit mode

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
Adobe. Make It an Experience.

682 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Beckett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was a very disruptive change. I cannot recover the time lost resetting this tool panel or chasing it all over my desktop as it moved to whatever it saw fit.

Once upon a time Adobe streamlined tool usage over multiple programs. You should adopt that again and get rid of the photoshop "proportional" tool that is different than the other programs, inDesign and Illustrator. Change for the sake of change does not deliver jobs at the end of the day. Disappointed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you, I have found the selection tool.
    Now the selection tool will not function as a selection tool. Can you help with this?

• Martin Cross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To reiterate what others have said:

"Tool bar fix:
    Go to bottom of toolbar menu and click on the dumb rectangle box icon with the three dots.
    This opens the All tools menu. (grayed out)
    Click the dumb little icon in upper right corner, and choose reset or advanced."

Someone please help! My selection tool has completely disappeared. For some reason is keeps moving around and now it has simple disappeared - no where to be found. I'm dead in the water!!!

Hello,
    For the french version, there is no more than 23.0 (64 bit).
    Your fixing announce was feb 12, we are mar 18.
    So, what Adobe will do ?

Thank you !

• Dee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG Ian Davies!!!!! Thank you! Thank you!! so much for this ... this was driving me nuts!

Why the **** have you done this..? There was no need. Tools move every ten minutes!!!!! This is joke Adobe.

It took 2 updates to fix this? Really? Here's a tip to improve Illustrator. Stop screwing with standardized processes that have been used for decades. We don't need to retrain every time an update comes out.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

このツールの位置が簡単に動いてしまう機能はUIを少しでも勉強しているのであればありえない機能。早急にロック機能を望む

• NightOwl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not completely clear, but as the Adobe Engineer points out, you must upgrade to Illustrator CC 23.0.2. There are no steps after that (the upgrade itself is the fix). What is not clear is if we should reset the toolbar FIRST, then upgrade to 23.0.2 or if you can reset after upgrading. I would reset first then do the upgrade.

NOTE: Check your version of Illustrator. I was stuck in Illustrator CC 23.0.1 and figured Creative Cloud had upgraded. Turns out there was a totally separate issue with Creative Cloud not upgrading. A call to Adobe fixed that. As soon as I went from Illustrator CC 23.0.1 to 20.0.2 no more spastic toolbar.

• Allison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lately, every time I use illustrator, even though I'm not closing it out every day, it keeps rearranging my tools in my toolbar, lumping them in with random tools that are not related to them and putting them in different orders. This has become extremely frustrating and is making my work inefficient. Half the time, I can't find my tools because they're hidden in a group with other random tools and not where they were the previous day.

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do you lock the tool bar?? No where do you explain how to fix this very stupid issue.

having to reset my toolbar every 15 minutes is not a fix.. how do you lock the toolbar?

• Derrick Riley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for fixing this issue. I realize this is a very slight change, but clearly related to all the changes made to the toolbar, I noticed between CC 2018 & 2019, the delay for clicking + holding a tool in the toolbar has at least doubled in the amount of time it takes for all the available options to load. I've included a basic comp of the time differences between the two. Mouse-clicks happen at the same time in this video: https://vimeo.com/318794696

• LM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The idea of a fix to this "feature" is wonderful. Too bad Adobe has already taught me to fear updates. Sure, might fix this issue- but another huge and destructive bug or poorly planned addition will almost certainly de-rail all progress and ability to use the program until we all spend hours searching for solutions and submitting complaints and a fix finally arrives weeks later. I'm sick of this pattern and I don't trust Adobe at all anymore.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 34 35

Feedback and Knowledge Base