When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

497 results found

1. Add DXF/DWG Export To Increased Canvas Size In Illustrator 24.2 (and later)

Would it be possible to add DXF/DWG as an export option for the new expanded max canvas size (Illustrator, 24.2 and forward). The increased canvas size is wonderful, however as someone who will move to-scale sketches from Illustrator into a 3D modeling program, not having DXF/DWG exports at the new max size makes the use of the new canvas size somewhat limited.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow layers with "print" unchecked to also not render in "output for screens".

Basically, just like the title says. When the "Print" box in a layer's properties is unchecked, that layer will not be printed (or, when exporting, it won't be used in the export).

I'd like this behavior to be continued in export for screens. That way, you can set up layers for overlays and guides but not have to manually hide them before export.

F/E, here's an overlay on a FB mobile sized coverpage; I'd like the blue box etc (on their own non-print layer called "overlays") to be gone on export so that when I export, all that the resulting…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Asset Export bug report: Assets keep changing to include objects not in group

There is a bug in Illustrator 24.3 where groups added to Asset Export change to include objects not in the group. This happens on save and on asset rename.

I suspect this may be related to another annoying Illustrator bug where selecting objects sometimes appears to also select other unrelated objects somewhere else on the workspace.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Asset Export: Name assets after the layer they're on

When adding objects to Asset Export, there should be an option to name the assets after the layer they're on. This would be particularly helpful when there are a large number of assets.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. SVG Import image X and Y positions are multiplied by 2

If you open this SVG in Chrome, FF, Inkscape, etc, the rectangle and the 120.png image should be stacked on top of each other. However, in Illustrator CC (As of 09-23-2020) the image appears at 240x240 for the X/Y position instead of the defined 120x120. Appears to be this way only with the image tag. If you were to do a transformation matrix, it fixes the problem but still it should be imported properly into Illustrator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Export SVG without transforms for use with web / HTML / CSS / JS

When will illustrator support options for exporting SVG without transforms?

We have to manually calculate then set the x,y,width, height attributes on an svg element from a transform: matrix or other transforms.

Attached image: I can't pull this into an html document and animate it because the inline transforms override the css transform I use to position or animate.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Replace file with same name!

Exporting png or other format, save with exact name, select "replace file", does not replace file but makes NEW file with "artboard" or other additional text. PLEASE when we select "replace", REPLACE the same file with the same name. Have to manually rename over 20 files. We have files that are linked in Indesign and this causes lots of extra time and effort every time there is an edit. Clients have to pay more for extra time, something that should be simple causes a large ripple effect when every other application renames replacement files correctly. PLEASE FIX THIS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Each new updates of illustrator , auto save is automatically turned off !

even though it should import all previous setings. ( box check)
    Could you please fix this ?

it doesnt import this particular setting

thanks mr Adobe

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Variable Data, Batch Save and Export should be able to grab filenames from CSV.

When exporting variable data with a batch save/export command, instead of being limited to File + Number, File + Data Set Name, Data Set Name, there should be an option to grab from a variable within the data. If your variable is named '$Filename', then it recognizes that column as the filename.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Support SVG Tiny P/S

Support SVG Tiny P/S :: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-svg-tiny-ps-abrotman/

This is part of the work on BIMI (bimigroup.org), but we hope that this format will have a wider use case. It's a smaller profile than Tiny. The format may change in the future, but perhaps initial support could be created.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. file>export>export as... still lists Flash as an option

How long ago was Flash rebranded to Animate? Five years now?

The "Flash (SWF)" option in the Export As... dialogue should be "Animate (SWF)".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Save a Copy from Adobe Cloud Document.

I've noticed that when you use the new Save to Cloud Documents feature (which is very nice and convenient) the option to Save a Copy is disabled.

I'm working on a manual to be viewed as a PDF on mobile devices, so I have to constantly save a PDF copy of my .aic document in order to send it to myself via WhatsApp (which is the target) and review it.

Not having the Save a Copy option is quite inconvenient. Could you guys enable it?

Thanks a lot!
    J.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Save the .ai file and only after finishing the .pdf

As done in CC 2019, I can save the .ai and only after finish it I can save a .pdf
    Now with AI 24.2.2 I save the .ai and immediatly the .pdf but the .ai file is not saved. So the .ai and .pdf are not the same. This can cause a lot of problem becasue is I start work to AI file I'm not in last version and if I start on .pdf in low resolution I lose some elements, and reduce the quality to raster.
    Please, do as CC 2019 that Illustrator block user before .pdf save.
    I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Import AI smart objects as vectors

If you have a smart object that is a vector (say an .ai file) for use in Photoshop, if you later export the PSD file back to AI, all the smart objects get rasterized including vector smart objects. It would be better if they are converted back to vector (except maybe in situations where they have effects or masks).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Keyboard shortcut for Relink (Link palette)

One of the features I use very heavily is the Relink button in the Link palette. It has major advantages over the Place function:

1) it automatically replaces selected linked images (Place requires you to check the Replace checkbox, which becomes unchecked once you do any other Place that isn't a replace)

But most importantly,
    2) It allows you to relink multiple linked images (replacing them in order from topmost to bottommost).

Since there is literally no other way to replace multiple linked images in a single action (Place grays out the Replace checkbox if you have more than one…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Larger preview images in .ai files

When an .ai file is saved, an image of all the active artboards is saved in the file. The OS (Mac or PC) uses this to provide a PREVIEW of the contents of the .ai file.

(a) This preview is terribly small, and displays as a small thumbnail instead of a useful image of the file contents. It appears to be a tiny bitmap, but it's so small it doesn't do much good at revealing what's in the file.

(b) The preview also displays everything visible on the pasteboard, including graphics that is not on any artboard. Since the preview…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automatically update legacy format when saving...

When working on an older version of illustrator - when you save, you get a notice about saving in a legacy format. I would like a preferences option to automatically save in the latest version when working on legacy files. Right now I have to use save as.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix Lines in Pattern designs when saved via Export for Screens.

When I export designs (via Export for screens) with patterns that have either been expanded or not I find that I get verticle and horizontal lines in my pattern. This is not present in the app, only on the resulting PDF/JPG/PNG exported file. I found this doesn't not happen when using the legacy Save for Web option. This is not an AA issue. Both are set to art optimized and the results are very different.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow us to control the saving of cached copies of raster effects.

I use a lot of raster effects in my work. A lot. I can easily have several thousand paths with effects on them. (Mostly Gaussian Blur, thanks for speeding that one up a few versions ago!)

Some experimentation with saving multiple copies of an effect-heavy file with different raster effects resolutions confirmed my suspicion that the file size varies greatly with the effect PPI:

300ppi: 70.8MB
    150ppi: 28.8MB
    72ppi: 14.4MB
    2ppi: 5.4MB

Reloading the 300ppi copy made it obvious that there's a cache of raster effects in the file, as I didn't have to wait through a half a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Export EPS with latex

The open source Inkscape has the feature where you could edit any text as latex in the EPS-file after exporting it. This makes all scientists and other users of latex mega-happy. This is the easiest way to format the text to fit the latex document, and to add nice math writings to the figure in the blink of an eye, instead of the tedious work of writing the correct font and special math symbols in Illustrator.

Could Ai please add the feature of generating something similar to what is documented here: http://tug.ctan.org/info/svg-inkscape/InkscapePDFLaTeX.pdf ?

I believe this is easy and quickly…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?