1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

766 results found

1. Opacity Mask Thumb displayed in color, not in grayscale

Please checkout the current Opcity Mask viewing. When you hold down the Option/Alt key to review the mask you see the objects or image in color. It should be like it used to be before in Gray scale... (black Conceals, White Reveals)
    Why did you change it? In the imge I enclose you can see the dog in color..should be BW once it is in the mask area.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Option to simplify UI by removing % from the document tab.

Provide the option to view only the document name in the document tab. ie optionally remove zoom and color profile like attached screenshot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. RE ADD TOOL SEARCH WHAT THE HECK KINDA CHANGE IS THIS. WHY THE HECK DID IT GET REMOVED I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW

RE ADD TOOL SEARCH IN HELP WINDOW. REMOVE USELESS ADOBE STOCK SEARCH. 0/10 WORST CHANGE EVER. GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add 'Recent' to the Scripts submenu

Please add 'Recent' to the Scripts submenu (just like in After Effects) - I use a few scripts over and over.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please bring back the scrolling in the image tracing resource’s preset area on the top bar

Please bring back the scrolling in the image tracing resource’s preset area on the top bar

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make clickable areas for eye buttons in Layers and Appearance as large as their sections

As demonstrated in https://www.instagram.com/p/CmhJOBNo-U3/
    Clicking an 'eye' requires aiming, despite the area it is located in is pretty large. What’s a point of limiting the clickable area?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sync the order of Align and Distribute menu commands

Hey, we now have Object > Distribute commands! No more actions wraps to bind these to hotkeys!

However, why is the order is swapped? Align menu has Horizontal commands first, but Distribute has them at the bottom, under Vertical.

One can object it’s just like the Align panel has them, and this is not the legacy behaviour you better keep, really. Please sync these.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Erros no Illustrator

Meu elementor abre e fecha as abas instantaneamente, eu não consigo nem criar um novo projeto, não consigo salvar, não consigo abrir nenhuma aba... Isso está prejudicando meu trabalho.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Default Swatches and Styles as part of New Document Dialog

The first thing I do every time I create a new document is delete all those default swatches and add my own. And those pattern swatches (e.g., "Jive," "Golden Ring," "Alyssa"), I am literally never going to use those.

And those quirky Graphic styles ("Jive_GS" etc). I am literally never going to use those either.

Ideally, I'd like to load up a document with its swatches, paragraph styles, graphic styles etc as part of the "new document" dialog. I can choose artboard size, bleed, margins, all kinds of things.

How about if I could pick swatch groups, paragraph styles, graphic…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Right Click In General (notably menus)

Illustrator is seriously deficient in its rightclickability. I want to rightclick on a link in the links panel and relink it. I want to rightclick on a swatch and delete it. I want to rightclick on a paragraph style and apply it. Or redefine it.

In short, bring right-click capabilities up to speed with Photoshop and InDesign.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Nommage des plans de travail

Dans le menu Objet/Plan de travail, avoir la possibilité d'ajouter les dimensions du plan de travail sélectionné ou de tous les plans de travail.
    L'ajout se ferait à la fin du nom ou dans des colonnes additionnelles (Largeur et Hauteur) avec la possibilité d'intégrer ces dimensions dans le nom du fichier exporté. Prévoir une syntaxe compatible avec le nomage des fichier et suffisamment différentiante pour pouvoir les mettre à jour par le biais des expression régulières (Suppression puis ajout des dimensions actualisées).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Soft Messages" interface in SDK, as alternative to modal dialogs

Can the SDK get an interface for Soft Messages like the "Shape Expanded" message that quietly appears at the top of the screen, then fades away on its own? Sometimes modal dialogs or even floating windows are just way too intrusive to simply pass a message on to the user.

I have managed to pretty much replicate this in one of my own plugins using annotations, but it would be much simpler if a few lines of code could allow any developer and any plugin to call a behavior that already exists in Illustrator.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Remake the Tools / Menu Commands dropdown in Keyboard Shortcuts into two toggle buttons

Dropdown lists just from two elements are pure evil.
    Illustrator has one in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog.

What’s a point of having it? Don’t you have enough space on the x-axis to display both items at once and improve the discoverability of both options?
    As if you were hoping to get another item in that list and never added... in30 years.

Remake it into two conjoined toggle buttons, or at list in a radio-group (ugh), but just allow users to see both available options at once.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Panels invading workspace

At present, by default, this is how small the Layer and Artboard panels' sizes can be minimized to. They take up a lot of valuable screen room on my Mac. I still want to see these but don't want to dock them into the side as that takes up a lot more room. Currently it's too invasive to my workspace, even so when I am using more layers and artboards.

I would suggest making it possible to make these panels even smaller so I can have extra space to be able to see more of my work and space that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bigger / resizable text field for artboard names

The size of the text input field for the artboard names is often too short - so when I want to change the last bit of an artboard name (often for a modifier like ...white, ...dark etc.), I have to marquee / hit arrow or end key to get there. That makes renaming more complicated than necessary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make Recolor Artwork freely draggable

The initial Recolor panel cannot be dragged around on small screens (that you need to set up for recording tutorials or for whatever other reason). The controls are hidden. It would be great if this panel would behave like a normal panel when dragging around.

In the screenshot the monitor is set to 1280 x 720 and the dragstrip is not available. For even smaller screens, some control might get out of reach.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create new documents with a 'Plus' button or a double-click in the document tabs area

Document Tabs is a well-known paradigm, thanks to browsers.
    Since many of us spend a lot of time with browsers, we expect the same functionality form tabs’ headers in Illustrator.

One of them is a middle-click to close a tab (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/38150188-add-middle-click-to-close-document), another is remember opened tabs on relaunch (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/44819065-launch-illustrator-with-the-same-opened-documents).
    There are others.

But the most prominent one is the Plus button to the right (in LTR world) of the last tab, which creates a new document.

Sure, one can hit Cmd/Ctrl+Alt+N, or go File > New, but sometimes we are lazy, and the other hand is…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Preview tick to Average dialogue

Average dialog can be still confusing, and I personally often use a wrong option when I average points.

For some reason when I choose 'horizontal', I often imagine points to share the same X value, 'occupy the same position horizontally'... Same applies to Y. Sure, this is not what Ai mean, in fact it’s 'stick to the horizontal axis'.

I see both views as valid, and can’t learn it solid enough to never make mistakes. However, Ai can learn and add the sticky Preview checkmark, so I and others were able to see the result before they hit OK.

Ai…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a setting to make horizontal scrolling / zoom with mouse wheel match operating system

In Windows, holding shift while scrolling scrolls horizontally and holding ctrl while scrolling zooms in / out.

I would like to be able to the same behavior in InDesign so I do not have to consciously change how I navigate documents when using adobe products

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base