1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

763 results found

1. Nommage des plans de travail

Dans le menu Objet/Plan de travail, avoir la possibilité d'ajouter les dimensions du plan de travail sélectionné ou de tous les plans de travail.
    L'ajout se ferait à la fin du nom ou dans des colonnes additionnelles (Largeur et Hauteur) avec la possibilité d'intégrer ces dimensions dans le nom du fichier exporté. Prévoir une syntaxe compatible avec le nomage des fichier et suffisamment différentiante pour pouvoir les mettre à jour par le biais des expression régulières (Suppression puis ajout des dimensions actualisées).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "Soft Messages" interface in SDK, as alternative to modal dialogs

Can the SDK get an interface for Soft Messages like the "Shape Expanded" message that quietly appears at the top of the screen, then fades away on its own? Sometimes modal dialogs or even floating windows are just way too intrusive to simply pass a message on to the user.

I have managed to pretty much replicate this in one of my own plugins using annotations, but it would be much simpler if a few lines of code could allow any developer and any plugin to call a behavior that already exists in Illustrator.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Remake the Tools / Menu Commands dropdown in Keyboard Shortcuts into two toggle buttons

Dropdown lists just from two elements are pure evil.
    Illustrator has one in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog.

What’s a point of having it? Don’t you have enough space on the x-axis to display both items at once and improve the discoverability of both options?
    As if you were hoping to get another item in that list and never added... in30 years.

Remake it into two conjoined toggle buttons, or at list in a radio-group (ugh), but just allow users to see both available options at once.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Panels invading workspace

At present, by default, this is how small the Layer and Artboard panels' sizes can be minimized to. They take up a lot of valuable screen room on my Mac. I still want to see these but don't want to dock them into the side as that takes up a lot more room. Currently it's too invasive to my workspace, even so when I am using more layers and artboards.

I would suggest making it possible to make these panels even smaller so I can have extra space to be able to see more of my work and space that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bigger / resizable text field for artboard names

The size of the text input field for the artboard names is often too short - so when I want to change the last bit of an artboard name (often for a modifier like ...white, ...dark etc.), I have to marquee / hit arrow or end key to get there. That makes renaming more complicated than necessary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make Recolor Artwork freely draggable

The initial Recolor panel cannot be dragged around on small screens (that you need to set up for recording tutorials or for whatever other reason). The controls are hidden. It would be great if this panel would behave like a normal panel when dragging around.

In the screenshot the monitor is set to 1280 x 720 and the dragstrip is not available. For even smaller screens, some control might get out of reach.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make Properties panel to have the same width as other panels

Properties is the widest panel among other panels in Illustrator.
    While other panels by default have the same width (and some are resizable), Properties is too wide.

It gets specifically disgusting whet it get stacked with other panels — they have to conform the minimal width of Properties and start looking ugly.

At the same time, the main content of Properties does not look like it needs all that minimal width — there is a huge gap on the right visible in 'properties_1.png' attached.

Sure, when you have some art selected, it look differently, like in 'properties2.png'... but look

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create new documents with a 'Plus' button or a double-click in the document tabs area

Document Tabs is a well-known paradigm, thanks to browsers.
    Since many of us spend a lot of time with browsers, we expect the same functionality form tabs’ headers in Illustrator.

One of them is a middle-click to close a tab (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/38150188-add-middle-click-to-close-document), another is remember opened tabs on relaunch (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/44819065-launch-illustrator-with-the-same-opened-documents).
    There are others.

But the most prominent one is the Plus button to the right (in LTR world) of the last tab, which creates a new document.

Sure, one can hit Cmd/Ctrl+Alt+N, or go File > New, but sometimes we are lazy, and the other hand is…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Preview tick to Average dialogue

Average dialog can be still confusing, and I personally often use a wrong option when I average points.

For some reason when I choose 'horizontal', I often imagine points to share the same X value, 'occupy the same position horizontally'... Same applies to Y. Sure, this is not what Ai mean, in fact it’s 'stick to the horizontal axis'.

I see both views as valid, and can’t learn it solid enough to never make mistakes. However, Ai can learn and add the sticky Preview checkmark, so I and others were able to see the result before they hit OK.

Ai…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a setting to make horizontal scrolling / zoom with mouse wheel match operating system

In Windows, holding shift while scrolling scrolls horizontally and holding ctrl while scrolling zooms in / out.

I would like to be able to the same behavior in InDesign so I do not have to consciously change how I navigate documents when using adobe products

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Buttons with Color background

We need all active Illustrator buttons with a blue color background like Illustrator on iPad. Sometimes it's hard to find black on a dark interface.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Select tools via the ' All Tools ' palette

I use a huge display, so I would like to show all tools at once.
    But in the mean time, I would like to be able to choose a tool via the 'All Tools' palette.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Show global swatch triangle marker in Fill Stroke Control when a global swatch is selected

Global swatches are marked with a white triangle in the bottom right corner of the swatch. Book colors also have a black dot in this triangle.

These triangles are displayed everywhere swatches are used in UI: Appearance, Properties, Control... But for some reason they are omitted in tool panels, in Fill Stroke controls (and also Gradient).

I personally see no reason why. Sure users would benefit from knowing exactly if a color is global or not when they see the color chip anywhere.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Wrong German translation of item in the Select menu

Select > Object > Area Type Objects is translated as
    Auswahl > Objekt > Flächentextoptionen
    should be
    Auswahl > Objekt > Flächentextobjekte

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make my palettes static

My palettes are always moving. No matter how much i adjust the size the whole group goes up. and down. Why cant they just stay in the same place? right now my swatches/brushes/symbols palette takes up the whole right side. even though i only have the very basic number of swatches. meanwhile the others are all pushed to the bottom and i have to search for each palette.

Basically I dont want to search for the palette i need. I want it to be on the side where i left it. instead of resizing. I'd rather scroll inside a palettes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Use Typographer's Quotes should be more accessible

"Use Typographer's Quotes" should be added to the Character palette to make it more easily accessible. Sometimes I'm designing a document that uses typographer's quotes, but most of the time I work with documents that reference dimensions in feet and inches, so I need to be able to switch back and forth between typographer's quotes and straight quotes quickly.

In addition to that, "Use Typographer's Quotes" should be moved from File > Document Setup to Illustrator > Settings > Type to match the way Photoshop and InDesign do it.

The Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign teams (and probably others, but those…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In Appearance calling alternative color UI is done with Shift and not obvious Alt

For some we have to hold Shift while clicking a fill/stroke square in Appearance panel to call the alternative pseudo-panel.
    Alt = Alternative. Sure, Macs have Option instead, but it also fits.

Also, the hint has the 'Shift' and 'Color' written in lower-case: 'Hold shift key to bring up alternate color UI'... and I have no idea why 'alternate', why no alternation happens? Who wrote this hint?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Drag tools from one toolbar to another

When I setup tool panels for various reasons), I can’t just drag it between tool panels.
    The only way to do it now is to remove the tool first in the first toolbox and add it again in the second one. Each panel has its own Edit mode and tools get dragged only within an edited panel :(

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Cut At / Connect / Remove Selected Anchor Points commands to 'Object > Path' menu

In Control panel we have three buttons for a point partial selection:

1. Remove selected anchor points.
      Does the same as a menu command Object > Path > Remove Anchor Points, and this command can have a hotkey assigned to

2. Connect selected end points.
      Does the same as a menu command Object > Path > Join, and has a default hotkey. Why Ai uses both 'Join' and 'connect' for the same operation, and also has 'Join' tool, which does a pretty different thing — is an UX mystery.

3. Cut path at selected anchor points.
      There is NO a menu command for…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?