1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

766 results found

1. Adapt Dark Title bar in dark mode in Illustrator for Windows

The existing title bar is white, enabling dark title bar will help us get a more unified UI.

The Technology Path

Since Windows 10 1809, Microsoft has provided an API for modifying only the color of the window title bar.

The method reference is
    stackoverflow.com/questions/39261826/change-the-color-of-the-title-bar-caption-of-a-win32-applicatio...

Documentation see
    docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/dwmapi/ne-dwmapi-dwmwindowattribute 3

At the same time, this API does not affect compatibility with older versions, and on Windows 7 or earlier versions of Windows, the API will not work and will not cause strange errors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Highlight last used field

Best feature in Indesign is to jump back to last used field using a keyboard shortcut. I think this should definitely be part of every application, including Adobe Illustrator. That is, similar to Indesign:

Activate last-used field in panel --- Default: Opt+Cmd+`

This should be a great addition to all the Adobe Applications.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Curvature Combs and Tunni lines

Two ideas, both aimed at creating smoother curves:

1. curvature combs:
      an additional visual aid that could be enabled/disabled via hotkey or option on a panel that assists the artist/user in evaluating whether a curve is continuously smooth, or whether it needs adjustment. See this blog for a quick coded breakdown:
      https://observablehq.com/@jrus/curvature-comb
      see this webpage for more traditional curvature combs with lines perpendicular to the curved path, in proportion to the path's curvature at that point:
      http://www.bluesmith.co.uk/evaluateComb.htm

2. Tunni lines:
      an additional assist/handle for helping a user more precisely adjust a curve (or multiple curves), both symmetrically and asymmetrically.
      See this example…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Customizable splash screen

Adobe marketing team decides what to display as splash screens. Sometimes the choice is great, and sometimes is not, much more often, to some of us.

And since the Illustrator splash screen is what we see often, and it obviously influence our thought and mood, we’d like to have options to customize it.

We can access the image ourselves, all of them are stored along with other version for different resolution screens at
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2022\Support Files\Contents\Windows\aiccsplash.png (on Windows)
    and packed in the application in Contents\Resources\ (on Macs),
    but this feels like a hack.

What if we…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add option to change stroke/font units faster

For my workflow I constantly need to change the unit of strokes between points and inches. It would be nice to add a way to change them in 1 click rather than going Edit > Preferences > Units every single time. Not a huge change but would be quite convenient and probably fairly easy to implement. We can currently set the unit of the whole document in a window, but not things like stroke/font. Could just add the option to the existing stroke window like the attached picture.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Move overset text icon further away from bottom corner handle

When working with threaded text in Illustrator it is difficult to select the overset text icon since it is so close to the bottom right handle of the bounding box. If I am zoomed out I always end up accidentally clicking the bottom right handle instead of the overset text icon.

If it was moved halfway between the middle right handle and the bottom right it would be easier to click on from a distance. I made an image showing how it is now and how I think it would work better. Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bullets & Numbering in Shortcuts

The menu items for bullets and numbering are not in "Edit shortcuts" At least not in the German version of Illustrator.

Could they perhaps be made available for shortcuts?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Taille des repères

Avoir des repère dont la taille est limité à celles du plan de travail plus fond perdu. Procédure de création du repère inchangée. Juste appui sur la touche [Alt] pendant l'opération.

Cordialement
    Jean-Paul Designolle

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Installing old versions of Illustrator!

My Illustrator 2020 / 24.6 was crashing on startup, so i decided to delete and reinstall it.
    Now i can't find on Creative Cloud the same version (2020/ 24.6) to download.
    I've been informed by customer service that Adobe no longer provides previous versions of the apps. I never received any information that the company would no longer provide the older versions and now I can't reinstall the version I had on my computer. My OS doesn't support updates anymore so I can't install the latest versions of Illustrator. Customer service only provides base version 24.0 for offline installation and…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. STOP to change interface items and options possition ****

STOP to change interface items and options possition everytime. I need to have my tools everytime in the same place, for the rest of my life, that's effective and productive. is a waste of time and energy to be looking everytime where this morning design team have put some tools and items in the interface. Please think in the proffesional peopple. Do not change possition of the items in the interface.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remove round corner minimum angle limit

Please allow for round corner angle threshold control via Preferences. The very common issue I have all the time is being unable to round corners with angles smaller than some hardcoded threshold.

Not a big issue rally on simple trivial geometry where you can workaround by manually constructing the round corner. But in my field I have to constantly deal with large complex paths needing all corners rounded regardless of angle.

I always have to resort to exporting geometry to SVG, rounding corners in Corel or Affinity which don't have the said minimal angle limit, import back to AI and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Clear / Delete from Recent files

As you know, Illustrator keeps exported images in the File > Open Recent Files list.
    So if I export 20 TIFs from a single document — they will all will be listed there.

This is dumb, and there are multiple requests to stop this:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests?query=recent%20files

There are also requests to be able to clear that list (guess why there is a need for this).

But we should also be able to remove positions from the list one by one.
    Use cases:
    1. I renamed a file and now I can’t open it via this menu
    2. I moved the file…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Touch workspace for desktop Wacom Cintiq

I use illustrator on desktop PC with a Wacom Cintiq 16. I am baffled as to why the touch workspace is not available. I have been informed it is only available on Surface but I use a stylus exclusively on desktop and the touch optimised workspace would be ideal. I regularly switch from desktop to iPad , I would like there to be workflow continuity.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Layers panel dimensions dynamically resize, or have tools cling to bottom of layers list

When I open a layer, the layer list is quite long so I need a tall panel. However when they're collapsed it's a much shorter list and suddenly the trashcan button is super far away from where I'm working in the layers. It would be nice if the panel automatically resized to keep the toolbar near the list, or otherwise have the toolbar cling to the bottom of the layers list so it's easily accessible when working in that panel. The dynamic resizing would also be helpful when you have the panel sized to be shorter, and open a layer,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. search for tools by name when editing the toolbar

When editing the tools that are in the toolbar we are confronted with a big panel full of tools. The recent update that categorizes them and allows for a grid view is very helpful. However, I still find myself scrolling down and up trying to find the particular tool I would like to add to the toolbar because it's so easy to miss it. If there were a little search bar at the top where we could type the name of the tool we are trying to locate to pair down the options it would be a much nicer/quicker experience.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show only existing separations

In the palette separation preview, display only colors that are actually present in the image. If the image does not contain process colors (CMYK) or one of them, it will be excluded from the list.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Delete Hidden Layers command - Inappropriately named?

The latest version of Illustrator (25.3) introduces a new command in the flyout menu of the Layers palette. It is called Delete Hidden Layers.

It's a useful command, but it also deletes hidden groups and objects inside visible layers and visible groups as well. These are not what most Illustrator users would describe as 'Layers' and thus the naming of this command may cause a lot of trouble.

There should perhaps be at least two or three different commands: Delete Hidden Layers and Delete Hidden Objects and Delete All Hidden Items.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More options to adjust UI scaling

Yesterday I downloaded Illustrator (26.0.2) for the first time. But the small User Interface stops me from using the product. The text is so tiny, especially in Properties and Layers panels. For me the possibility of a larger text is important. If there is no option for enlarging, I stop using the product. But I really want to use Illustrator and to create beautiful things.

I tried to fix the issue with Edit > Preferences > User Interface < Adjust the UI Scaling slider. But the changes are insignificant on the highest possible value. I think the UI Scaling slider…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add copy/apply choice to Offset Path

Most of the time, when using the Object > Path > Offset Path tool, I need to replace the original path, rather than add an offset copy of it. Currently, this requires me to offset the path (often multiple at once) and then delete the existing paths.

It would be much easier if Offset Path offered the same choice of "OK"(Apply and replace original path) and "Copy" as the transform tools.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. workspace layout seems to constantly change over time. Keep it more fluent and natural

I can arrange workspaces, rearrange them, add new ones, remove some and so on and on and on. My issue is that somehow, the tools and panels I want are never at hand when I need them.

It's so subtle that I can't put my finger on the exact issue. But it's suddenly occured to me that as far as I can remember, I'm always rearranging the workspace layout in Illustrator to get the tools I need, but I don't have this issue in other Adobe apps. I've been using Illustrator as my core graphic design tool for around 8/9…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?