When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Illustrator doesn't allow gradient art brushes

This one should be very easy to make happen. Please let us use a path, with gradient stroke applied, to be used as an art brush. When we try to do it, Illustrator gives us this message (attached image).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. the arc effect should be applied to the clipping mask not the original object

When working with a large image that has a clipping mask, and then an arc effect is apply to the clipping mask, the effect is recognizing the large image, and it takes the dimensions of the large image to create the result. instead of focusing on the mask only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Effect > Distort & Transform > Transform: Arrange duplicates above source

When you duplicate objects using Object > Transform commands the duplicate is arranged above the original object. If you use Effect > Distort & Transform > Transform to make multiple copies of an object the copies are arranged below the original object. This is wrong. The original should be the rearmost object and each copy should be arranged above.

I realize that correcting this behaviour (and there can be no doubt the current behaviour is wrong) can break the appearance of some files. So instead of just switching the behaviour add an option in the dialogue to place each copy…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Gaussion blur can not pantone color

Gaussion blur pantone does not work in the application

works in the old version

please review the pictures

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. apply layer styles

Apply layer styles by copy and pasting into other objects. Same concept as Photoshop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Randomize roughen effect

When using the "roughen" tool, it's rare that I want it to be a consistent roughened edge. Assuming that many of us use this tool to introduce controlled chaos to a path, I think a "randomize" toggle (primarily for detail, as it appears size is already random) with parameters for widest gap and shortest gap between points would remove the process of roughening at a high density then painstakingly using the "smooth" tool to create variance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Font Style Blend Tool

A blend tool that transitions fontstyle over a phrase. For example I will use the phrase "a maiore ad minus". The first letter A would be Times New Roman and the final word Minus is in Arial. My proposed blend tool would show the transition of fonts on the words "maiore ad".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please Make a way to Undo Effects

It would help a lot if there was a way to reverse effects without using the undo button. I find myself many times regretting an effect I used and not being able to undo it because I saved and closed the file already.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Toggle Scaling fonts

i would like to see a toggle so that when i set a text size on path or text box i can scale the box or path without scaling the text within and without direct selecting the path or box
    this way i know my format is un interrupted
    also the scale effect and strokes and text needs to be in the top tool bar at all times so they can be toggled

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Blur Below Transparent Object

Having the ability to create a frosted glass effect by being able to blur below a transparent object dynamically. Therefore if we move the transparent object, it will blur anything below itself automatically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [MINOR BUG] Drag fx from the appearance panel unto objects... it doesnt work

Dragging a 'completed' effect: from the Appearance panel unto a new object ( to recreate the same effect ) doesn't work using the hand grab tool.

I want to be able to drag effects that I've already made - from one object and reproduce them unto another...

please try to do that and see if it works for you - on your end.

Thank you

Not critical I found a way around it... but the convenience is nice.

• IMAGES AND ARTWORK - MALIK ROUSSEAU FRANCOIS : COPYRIGHT 2019.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Z depth / 3D space for points on path.

I do medical illustration for suture techniques. I use a path with a stroke to illustrate the suture (like a string), which need to overlap and show depth. I add a drop shadow to the path, but it simply goes around the entirety of the path's stroke shape, and doesn't apply above segments of the path which should appear below the higher sections.

There needs to be a z-axis system where I can assign a z-depth to each point on a path, which allows the drop shadow effect to apply to the same path on depths below it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make a trapezoid from rectangular picture.....Drag Points

I need to make a Trapezoid from a rectangular picture.....Drag Point.....
    So I can make designs like this :

If AI can't do it, I need a refund......

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Masking" as a live effect

I think it would be very useful to have a Mask live effect, so that individual fills/strokes in the appearance panel could be masked. The actual mask could come from a specific layer/group in the current file, imported from a file on your HD, or from a new type of Mask library.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Shadows rasterized after reopening Illustrator file

Shadow settings are lost and my shadows are feathered shapes after reopening AI. Please help thanksss

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Gradient transparency

Whenever I try to adjust the gradient transparency Ai collapse

Is there any explanation why?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The Image Effects is not available to use, how can I access this feature in this program?

I am not sure how to activate the Image Effects feature to access the menu. I am unable to use this while using Illustrator. Please help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. warp linked

Please add the ability to warp linked files without having to embed them first. Basically, turn them into the equivalent of smart objects in photoshop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base