When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Short cut for 'outline stroke'

Could there maybe be a short cut for 'outline stroke'? There only is one for letters but not for lines and stuff.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get rid of that awful new document screen. It's annoying for experienced users.

Please have a way to turn off that new document screen the same way I can turn off the "Start Workspace".

Experienced users don't need (or want) doc creation on-boarding.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PLEASE BRING BACK PEN TOOL!!! Curvature Tool SUCKS!!!

Please make a legacy option for the curvature tool to revert back to the Pen Tool I have been using the Pen Tool for like 20 years. I have found a work around by reverting back to an older Illustrator edition so I can again have that option. I WILL continue to do this because it is FAR more productive for me than using the curvature tool which I know well enough to say I am proficient in it. VERY UPSET HERE and I'm talking over a month of upset, not a bad day of upset. Thanks!! Adobe you still…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring back: Unlock-Guides and they Appear, PLEASE.

It used to be that when GUIDES were hidden and locked and you UN-LOCKED the guides (with the keyboard shortcut), they would also appear (View-Guides-Show Guides). It was a VERY useful, quick and easy way to know for sure that the guides were unlocked.

Right now there is no indicator that guides are unlocked, without having to annoyingly go through the menu. You have to unlock and lock repeatedly and keep making attempts at selecting a particular guide before you know that you have actually selected the guide, and not a near-by path.

Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For both locked and unlocked guides, there is a different cursor feedback for the Selection and Direct Selection tools.

While we will be making improvements to guides, in future, there are no plans around mixed behavior of show/hide & locked/unlocked.

Thanks!

5. Please allow an option to disable to home screen.

It's annoying to have this thing pop up every single time you close a document. In every app. Give us an option to turn it off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. CC 2017 Zoom

Can we please change the zoom back to how it used to be previous to CC 2017.

The auto select zoom is driving me crazy!

"In Illustrator CC 2018, Adobe finally fixed this by adding a check box under preferences Section & Anchor Display. You can disable Zoom To Selection. It is enabled by default."

Can we please see this option in CC 2017

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

New options can only be made available in the newer release. If you want to turn off that preference you will have to update to Illustrator CC 2018. If you are facing any other issue with 2018 log that on user voice or contact support team.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitish Agarwal
    Illustrator Team

7. Adobe to acquire or license useful tools from Astute Graphics UK?

A buddy told me Adobe was considering purchasing or licensing tools/features from Astute Graphics, UK? Any validity to this?

Been saying this for years... a

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Password Protect for edit SVG "like save as PDF"

when save as PDF there are option "security" to can make password to restrict edit protected PDF, can please make this feature also for SVG.
    because for example : if put SVG illustration in website it very easy for any person to take from the website and open it in illustrator or any SVG edit program, so need to make password when open SVG in any SVG edit program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. search tool in libraries

Adding a search tool in my library panel would be helpful, thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Yogesh Sharma responded

There is a Search bar in Libraries, which searches from Adobe Stock by default, and there is a dropdown where you can choose whether to search through current/all libraries.

-Yogesh

10. Adobe Draw (account transfer)

I had just moved from my student to personal license. In the process, all of my adobe draw projects have disappeared, and I’m told that even if I were able to get back into my student account, my projects still won’t be there.

If you store the draw projects locally (on the ipad), please don’t restrict them to a specific account.

I just lost a year’s worth of projects and sketches. I have been told that there is not trace or remnant of what I was working on unless I moved it to illustrator at one point (which weren’t that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Ashutosh Chaturvedi responded

I am deleting this post as this UserVoice account is about Adobe Illustrator desktop application

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Illustrator - patch so CS6 version to run in High Sierra

Many of those of us running CS6 on a MAC cannot afford to move into CC when CS6 ideally suits our needs. Surely your engineers could make a patch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Ashutosh Chaturvedi responded

releases of Illustrator CC (and earlier) were not designed, nor supported to run on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra). For more information, see System requirements.

13. 3D effects should include "back to 2D"

Roaming around the interface I fell on the 3D effects window and was wowed by all the possibilities. Then when I wanted to get back to work on my 2D object, I couldn't find how to do it. I expect something like the "no stroke" button in the stroke selection, in the top left position of the list of 3D effects. I clicked Ctrl-Z multiple times to get back, but it was really slow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Yogesh Sharma responded

Hi Francis,

You can remove the 3D effect from your art from Appearance Panel. Just select the row for the effect in Appearance panel, hit the delete button at the bottom bar of the panel.

-Yogesh

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base