When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Isolation navigator

The feature I’m looking is an isolation-mode navigator tool that requires minimal clicking and is fast to use. You’d summon it while holding down a hot key, point the mouse at a group and then use hot keys (or the mouse wheel) to go into and out of the group structure.

Isolation mode, as it is now, is essential but clunky. I spend an awful lot of time clicking into, around and back out of isolation mode. It’s enough to cause RSI. The group select tool is useful but doesn't replace isolation mode.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2D Extrude

I would like a 2D extrude feature. For example...

1. Draw a box and add extra points to it.

2. Select every other set of two points (i.e. segments) and pull them so they extrude out (instead of bend - or have the choice of bend OR extrude), perpendicular to the line they're on.

Currently I have to duplicate and rotate and then merge... I'd rather like to be able to pull out extruded segments without having to do it manually.

Boom! great idea, thanks for adding my name to the next release with this new tool. If you don't understand this…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Curvature tool doesn't work for path in Text on path

I have drawn a curve using Curvature tool.
    I've made a text follow this curve.
    I want now to edit this curve with Curvature tool, but I just can't — AI want recognize highlights and selects points in this path with this tool anymore.

Kinda same happens with editing path in blends with Curvature tool — I have to dance with Ctrl, clicking, isolating, and then, after some combination of woodoo, AI finally sees points and allows to move them with said tool.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Non-uniform scale tool by angle

Using available AI tools I have to twist and dance to perform non-uniform scale by angle.

Right now I have to do this:
    1. Rotate path to make in straight oriented (it's not an default ellipse, it's manually traced path)
    2. Reset bounding box
    3. Rotate path backwards
    4. Turn on bounding box (I work with it turned off)
    5. Scale using bounding box at angle

If I use Scale tool instead, and set point to a center,
    AI will scale path uniformly ONLY.
    What a stupidity is this? I even remember custom plugin tool that allowed desired action, but…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Paint Brush Fidelity

Old illustrator use to let you change the paint brush fidelity with decimal increments. Now there are just 5 options. Can adobe please just change the slider so we can have more options to choose from? The jumps in fidelity options are just too big and it makes drawing a pain.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Free transform reference point should affect resize too not just rotation (as PS)

When I change the reference point I use it mostly for resize, not rotation. But in Illustrator this has no effect. I believe it should happen while using Alt+resize as that wouldn't change the default. Alt would only change the position of the resized object if the reference point is moved from the middle.
    I feel this would be natural to have and I'm really surprised this is not part of the free transform implementation. Photoshop and even Animate works like this! (Animate is erroneous with Alt+drag, but you don't need to hold that there)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Width Tool - Touch Calligraphy brush

Allow the Width Tool to apply changes to Touch Calligraphy brush strokes.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Isometric Grid Missing

Today's trends to draw of isometric vector but in adobe illustrator isometric grid is missing.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Additional arrow-key nudge values by using key combinations...

I would like the ability to specify multiple nudge values for the arrow keys to be used when certain key combinations are used - so that different nudge distances could be achieved with different arrow key combinations, such as:

Shift+Arrow
    Ctrl+Arrow
    Alt+Arrow
    Ctrl+Shift+Arrow
    Ctrl+Alt+Arrow
    Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Arrow

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bring back the rounded corners in the rectangle dialog

Please place the rounded corners back into the rectangle dialog window. The new experience for this feature is undiscoverable and not intuitive at all. The usage pattern is inconsistent with the rest of the drawing tools e.g. polygon, stars... Have you consider testing it on users before launching the new 2019 version? Please do not redesign for the sake of redesign. Your users are not being efficient in their workflows because they have to spend time to figure it out where those features have gone. I am very sorry but this is a frustrating experience.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More precision with the Knife Tool

I'd like to see more adjustment options for the knife tool. Something like the pencil tools option of Tolerances: Fidelity and Smoothness. It sure would help with more precision when I cut and ink my manga characters. Rather than go in after I make a cut and have to move a lot of anchor points and handles around by hand to get the precision I was after in the first place.

I hope you can understand what I'm texting about here and I hope you take this issue up and include it in a future feature update. Oh yea, and…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Extended guides only in the drawing board

is it possible to make the ruler guides be limited only to the drawing board? (as already happens in indesign).
    When working with several artboards, having the guides extending horizontally and vertically across the illustrator work area, it often happens that the guides of table 1 also end up on the table 2, 3, 4, 5 , 6 ... the thing is highly uncomfortable, I do not understand the meaning of this thing. I hope it is a useful and unhampered reflection for a future implementation.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Blob brush in touch mode

I work with a Wacom mobilestudiopro and I really like the touch mode but the blob brush is not accessible in this mode. It will be really helpful if you can add this brush. Thanks a lot

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Consider End handles

In illustrator we can to adjust start and end point handles in open path, but it have not much sense. What about to consider this handles to adjust shape of the object fill. Not on strait line like usual, but in way like we want. By the way, if we decide to close the path, Ai should make it in that way too.
    So, we doesn't need two objects with stroke and shape separately, it will be one object with adjustable end handles.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Live integration with Adobe Draw

I have an Apple iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. I would love to be able to open Adobe Draw and either via a physical cable or wifi connect Draw to Illustrator on my desktop machine and to be able to use the iPad for live sketching in Illustrator.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Use Key Object to allow precise control for in-back and in-front level changes

Allow Key Object to define which object is moved and which object is used to define movement. If I select two objects and then highlight one as a key object, it would be nice to use the same hotkeys for "send to back" and "send to front" and have it only work in relation to the two selected objects, putting the keyed object either directly in front of or behind in the layer order of the other object.

As it is now, the hotkeys either work too much by sending objects all they way to the back or front, or…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Anchor points in Illustrator Draw (mobile app)

The Mobile Adobe Illustrator Draw needs more vector functionality. It'd be great if anchor points could be created and edited within the app.

I'd also like to see like to see the functionality of the pencil tool in Illustrator, how one can re-trace over the line to edit the path.

If this functionality was available, I could use a tablet to replace my wacom.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Free transform should function the same as photoshop free transform

Free transform function in Illustrator is good, but to have another function that acts the same way as Free Transform in Photoshop would be really helpful.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Customisable touch workspace.

Adobe, could we please have a customisable touch workspace? The other workspaces can be altered, why not this one?
    It could be a cool idea to be able to add the delete, undo and redo buttons to the sidebar menu in the classic workspace.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it possible to select locked objects?

I wish it was possible to prevent an object from moving, but still have the ability to select it. A preference setting to "allow selection of locked objects" or "lock position only" or something?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base