Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

649 results found

1. Saving PDF Security override by gmail

Dear sir or madam,

I've noticed as i saved PDF in CS6 to send to a Client and i used password protection with no permissions (printing, copying....)

And the thing is, if you open the email att. in this case My protected PDF in gmail preview - you can print it with no problems. And if you print to a PDF file, you get the same PD minus the Password protection.

I think this could be a big issue.

So i see google's gmail now as an easy fool proof password hack tool.

hope i helped somehow with this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

3. Crashes when closing Illustrator

After saving the file I am working on and selecting to clear the data on the clipboard (or even if I select not to clear the data), Illustrator will freeze and the bring up the Adobe Crash report dialogue box.

I have tried to provide feedback in this box, but if I change any of the settings on the Crash report box or type any comments, this too crashes. Windows registers the programme as not responding and tries to find a solution (and doesn't find any) and then closes Illustrator.

In some cases, when I next open Illustrator it will…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Getting error while opening illustrator. Workspace missing.

Get an error while starting the illustrator. Workspace is missing as well. Even if I reset the workspace nothing happens. Nothing happens when I select an already saved workspace. Please figure this out ASAP cannot complete my work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Please try to delete your preferences. If it still doesn’t solve your problem, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

5. Option + Arrow Key Not Working in Illustrator 2018

In all previous releases that I can remember. If you held down the option key and then tapped arrow key Illustrator would create a copy and move the object by the distance set in preferences. In the current version this functionality is missing and actually nothing happens. Is this working for anyone or is there a fix?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. zoom

When snap to grid is on, it will only create new text. It won't select existing text for editing - probably because it isn't on the grid. This never used to happen before the latest update.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Cannot uncheck rubber band option

Bug where in the preferences panel the rubber band option for the pen tool will not uncheck.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have the latest Illustrator CC 2018, it Lags horribly moments after launch and then crashes, I can't get work done, I have the latest imac

I have the latest Illustrator CC 2018, it Lags horribly moments after launch, Freezes and then crashes, I can't get work done, I have the latest up to date imac with 32GB of Ram.

Illustrator cc 2017 was perfect, 2018 is a nightmare!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Brush edge dissapears. Can't see the shape of my brush. Randomly.

Cannot see the outline of my brush. Randomly it dissapears. It would be great if I was into random looks to what I do. But I'm not.

In fact, I'll hazard a guess that not many people paying close to £50/month are very into randomly varying results.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html .

Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

10. The latest updates

I've missed advert deadlines, because even though I'm on the newest Macbook pro, Photoshop and Illustrator have been dysfuntional, with artboards glitching, font sizes not being adjustable and glitching to the maximum size before telling me the font's too big.

On top of this, the work often dissapears when zooming in and fonts do not sync with your type app.

So I pay money for a subscription because you are industry standard, yet I've now missed deadlines, been hung up on three times by your support staff and failed to receive confirmation that you are at least attempting to solve…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Smart Guides not working in Illustrator CC 2018 even after I turn on snap to pixel

Smart Guides had not worked for me in a long time now. I update illustrator regulary and have snap to pixel turned off.

I have been using illustrator for over 13 years so I know all the tricks and methods and this drives me nuts.

In Sketchapp for example I select the object, hold the alt key and it will show me all the margins and distances around the selected object. That is a time saver.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. most fonts not rendering

I have to continually uninstall and reinstall 75% of my fonts! They show up in the panel, but do not render when selected. This is way beyond aggravating and is taking up hours of my time daily.
    These are fonts on my hard drive, not typekit or any other font service. using Windows 10 and Illustrator CC 2018 (happened intermittently with 2017, now it's everytime I open Illustrator or let it sit open for more than a few hours)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closing the ticket since didn’t hear back from customer.

Hi Jamie,
    If you are still facing this issue, Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here

13. EPS saving as AI or PDF bug

Hi When saving an EPS file to either AI or PDF downloaded from a stock site I have had issues with both the on screen preview and print from InDesign. When I save it as an EPS again it appears to regain the proper appearance both on screen and in print. Is there a transparency issue when converting an EPS to AI or PDF?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator QE

14. Illustrator freezes all the time

I am not able to use Illustrator at all. I have updated to the 2018 version. Every time I want to create new project or open existing one the program freezes. No matter if I have GPU Performance option on or off.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. AI CC2018 doesn't show certain font styles, while CC2017 does

I have ITC FrizQuadrata installed. This font family has 4 styles: normal, italic, bold and bold italic.

AI CC2017 does show all four.
    CC2018 shows only one — 'ITC'.

It doesn't show it when you type family name, it doesn't show other styles in drop-down style list.
    If I copy/paste text with needed font family style from 2017 to 2018, AI will show me two identical font names but two different preview near them (and again no italics).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com
    Please create a sample file in CC 2017 with styles that you do not see in CC 2018. Create a package out of it so that we also get the font files for investigation and share the package with us. For sharing the package you can either upload to your creative cloud files or any other file sharing system like Dropbox, Wetransfer etc..

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Filled areas sometimes when drawing lines?

Drawing with touch calligraphic brush, most obvious at 1 pt size, there will be funny filled in blobs along the path. Playing with the points and curves doesn't get rid of it. If the object is resized by 200% or so the "blobs" will go away, but this is not a good fix if the lines need to stay editable.

Has been reproduced using CC 2017 on an HP Spectre 360 with a stylus, AND a Mac (OS 10.12.6 Sierra & CS5) with a Wacom.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Illustrator 22.0.1 not opening in High Sierra

I (foolishly) updated to High Sierra last night. Now Illustrator won't open. Clicking on the icon, all I get is this:

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Launch  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

you may try resetting preference once to see it helps.

If not, please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

19. Type reverting & doing all sorts of weird things

The new Illustrator's type feature behaves strangely. The font reverts to the 1 I chose previously when I do some things such as discard the Offset Path setting I've set for it it in the Appearance Panel.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Error on Artboard/Workspace

1. Adobe Illustrator CC 22.0.1
    2. Tried working on a new artboard to learn interface and immediately started getting this problem - this happens when I select an object and try to move it. Then I am unable to move anything properly. I have been unable to find any settings that may have caused this. I uninstalled and reinstalled and have received this same problem on different files and art boards.
    3. A triangular cut out that appears on the artboard and causes the objects to malfunction when manipulated.

If I try to create something new, it disappears and then shows up again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base