Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

649 results found

1. Rearrange All Artboards does not move artwork with it when spacing is adjusted

1. OS X / Adobe CC 2018 (OS X is where this document ran into this issue, but if it helps troubleshoot, it is being passed back and forth between a Windows 10 machine).

2. I have a document with multiple artboards. I needed to increase the spacing between them. I went to Rearrange All Artboards where "Move Art with Artboard" was already selected from multiple previous re-arrangings. I changed the spacing from 20px to 60px.

3. I expected the artboards to have the new spacing, with art in the same location.

4. The artboards had the new spacing, but the art on every…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

2. Pantone colours not appearing correctly in email preview

When I convert a CMYK colour to pantone and then rasterize it into an image (cmyk) to make it smaller for sending, in the email preview (gmail) the pantone colour appears completely wrong.

file is saved as pdf (cmyk). file is created also in cmyk

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

3. Freeze during heavy detail

I'm working on a macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.4 MacBook Pro on Illustrator 22.1

When I have a detailed design - ie a palm tree with numerous branches. I try and resize it or copy paste it and the program freezes then my whole computer freezes and I have to restart the computer.

I expect this program to be able to handle designs with heavy detail and not freeze up every single time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ilustrator Crashes when printing to laser cutter.

Hello,
    I typically use illustrator to print to our Epilog Mini Helix 24" Laser Cutter/Engraver. When printing, you go into setup, select the laser, then go into it's preferences to configure laser-specific settings. When you hit "Print" it sends the files to software provided by Epilog: Job Manager.

This is an annoyingly repeatable problem, as I am not able to laser cut anything from Illustrator. It crashes every time.

However, in the past couple days this has suddenly stopped working. No matter what file I try to send to the job manager, the whole program crashes when I hit "Print."…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

5. Tools all become 'locked' requiring reboot (of Illustrator, not OS)

Windows 10, March 2018 Illustrator (latest).

This has happened maybe five or six times now, I think only since the latest update, apparently random occurrence (or I can't spot a common theme). Working on an unlocked layer, all drawing tools get a 'not available' symbol next to them. Can select objects in the layers panel but nowhere else. The only fix is to restart Illustrator - just closing and reopening the document (or indeed another document) does not unlock the tools.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. new document screen missing options in illustrator windows 10

Illustrator new document screen missing loads of options on windows 10. only showing mobile web and print profiles no video etc. Also recent items missing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. no es posible establecer el numero máximo de archivos que se deben abrir

Al abrir mi Illustrator me aparece un mensaje de error "no es posible establecer el numero máximo de archivos que se deben abrir illustrator", esto ocurrió de un día a otro, el día anterior lo cerré normalmente, apagué mi mac y al día siguiente al abrir el programa me apareció ese mensaje.

¿Que debo hacer?

Necesito ayuda!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Inaccurate paths

Good day

Before the big update back in 2017, Illustrator's paths were very accurate in terms of using pathfinder tools and intense zooming in. I'm not sure what the new updates were, but it's frustrating.

Attached are screenshots of what I'm talking about. I punched 2 objects (namely black colour and green colour), using the exact same ellipse that I copied and pasted in front. I used to do this all the time, but with better results. Now it's as if it purposely goes out of the accuracy it once had. I'm zoomed in all the way with these screenshots.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. variable

Hello,

I use an illustrator file with variables with 100 datasets.

Problem: when switching through datasets via the small triangle buttons recently gives strange popup "the actual values are not captured and will be deleted when switching , continue?" - was not the case before!! i never had this message since 1 year and i nothing changed, apart from the content of the variables.

When clicking button "ok" the next dataset is shown without problem. The problem is that i cannot make a batch processing any more, because this useless message needs to be clicked every time.

I dont understand…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Looks like the current values in the document that are linked to variable are updated and not captured in new data set. Try capturing new data set and then switch.
    If this doesn’t solve your problem,
    Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

11. All Typekit fonts unavailable

All of a sudden Typekit stopped working through Illustrator/Photoshop. I cannot open the CC app on my desktop either. I cannot uninstall it nor reinstall it as none of these functions will work. I am effectively frozen out of my desktop CC app and typekit. When I access Typekit via the webpage it shows my snyced fonts but I cannot access them on my desktop (PC). I am unable to complete my work. I have been troubleshooting this since Monday and would like to talk one on one with someone who can talk me through what to do. I am…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Illustrator Distortion of Template and final art

Yesterday morning or 3 prepress PC opened a billboard template, and it appeared distorted (Sketch Look). We checked all preferences and setting in both Illustrator and Windows and found no problems. Had artist build the billboard anyway. When the art was checked the numbers on the top and sides of the board extended beyond the live and bleed area. When doubled clicked on they came back within normal parameters. We check all Billboard templates with the other 3 prepress PCs and had no issues with the templates. Last night uninstalled and re-installed illustrator. The problem still exists. If I get…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. can't edit type

Type doesn't respond to character panel adjustments

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Variable font remains static

I've been working on various variable fonts, which, while there are sometimes are some GPU rendering issues in Illustrator, work as expected.

However, my last creation remains static while changing the variable (see example). The font variation works perfectly in online environments, it's only in Adobe apps that this seems to be an issue.

Using version 22.1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Changing size in export doesn't change size

When exporting files via Save As, if I change the size, it doesn't update the actual export size until I do something else, like toggle the clip to artboard on and off or change from optimize for Art to for type. This has been a persistent error across versions of Illustrator and MacOS for some time.

Once you hit tab to leave that portion of the export dialogue, it should update without any additional steps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Surface pen doesn't work anymore

It stopped working after the latest updates from either MS or Adobe. It worked fine before and now it doesn't.

Problems go from panning instead of drawing in Photoshop, to not drawing at all or at certain (unspecific) intervals.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Drag, alt, and resizing are all working incorrectly & create new non-existent objects

Items I select and resize seem to adjust from arbitrary points that appear, unrelated to the shape of the geometry. Attached, is a screenshot where I changed the scale of the blue diamond. The other green selected box doesn't actually exist, but is now included in the geometry of the original. If you group an object which has one of these phantoms, it will stay in the group indefinitely. Additionally, the alt-drag feature creates many duplicates. If you're scaling using the alt-command, it will work for a second and then start duplicating.

I am on Illustrator 22.1,
    Mac OSX High…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Illustrator CC (multiple versions) stroke alignment error when rectangle is set to a certain size

I have tried this across multiple computers that have Illustrator CC at different updates (mine is 21.1.0) & get the same result every time.

If you create a rectangle that is at least 48" w x 120" h, set the stroke to 0.25pt, no fill, align the stroke to the inside and the review the bottom left corner an error appears. The bottom part of the path tapers from the correct thickness to no thickness from right to left. It seems to go away if you make the stroke slightly thicker or if you make the rectangle smaller. Not sure…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

20. The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [xlfd]

I have two customers that send me hundreds of Illustrator files created using a Windows version of Illustrator. Every one of them reports this issue on opening: "The operation cannot complete because of an unknown error. [xlfd]." I click OK and everything is fine in the document as far as I can tell. The problem is that I need to batch save these files as PDFs, but I have to sit there and click "OK" for every file so defeating the purpose of batch processing. This is a recurrent bug with the last three revisions of Illustrator. Please resolve it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base