When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. spreads

It would be very helpful to be able to make a PDF and set it to "spreads" as you can in InDesign. When designing large display graphics that are made up of individual slices being assembled after printing, it makes proofing more difficult when art boards stay separate pages in the resulting PDF.
    Thanks!
    Page

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Resurrect Macromedia Freehand

Or at least study its superior usability and intuitiveness and adopt these features in Illustrator.

Or, at the VERY least, build in the ability to open old Freehand files in Illustrator.

Thanks,
    Pete

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Locked files on SMB shares (macOS)

There is a weird file-locking problem when files are opened and saved from/to smb volumes mounted on macOS. If files are saved and closed there is still a locking on the files. So colegues are not able to delete/replace this files. There is no problem if the afp-protocol is used. For this reason we had to disable smb-sharing on our server, because macOS uses smb as default if available. (Illustrator 21.1.0 - but at least from version 19 on)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The new "Export for Screens" would be more useful if I could enter other formats, in particular, GIF.

The new "Export for Screens" would be more useful if I could enter other formats, in particular, GIF.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Asset Export panel list view clips filenames to approx 24 characters

Asset Export list view should show full file name or clip to panel width. As it stands, my file names are being clipped even though there is plenty of room to show the full name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "Asset export" - changing object not updating it in export

Hello,

In this video Export assets for web and app design | it's all like perfect - after changing object color - it's will be updated too in asset export, yes...
    But in real life I want not just change a color, I want to made much more changes, just by adding new polygons path, and so - it's will not update asset at export. Because only what I've selected before and dragged into asset will be updated.

What needs to be done - if I right click on polygons which already "connected" with asset for export - in menu…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Import SVG fill-rule="evenodd"

This is a major problem for having SVG look correct.

Please import fill-rule="evenodd" properly. Test case of an "O" that imports incorrectly (as fill-rule="nonzero") without the hole in the middle. Illustrator gets this wrong, but XD imports it properly. Some additional issues:

1. Ref-ing the same mask crashes Illustrator.
    2. Nested masks don't import properly.
    3. Gradient and image transforms and patterns (fit/fill/tile) don't import

<svg width="90" height="90" viewBox="0 0 90 90" version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg&quot; xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
    <title>O</title>
    <use xlink:href="#path1_fill" fill="#C4C4C4"/>
    <defs>
    <path id="path1_fill" fill-rule="evenodd" d="M 67.0157 46.007C 68.8447 34.502 61.8237 24 48.1947 24C 33.9167 24 25.0667 34.03 23.2967 44.945C 21.4677 56.45 28.1347 66.952 42.1767…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

9. Exporting Slices

Exporting slices should not force the creation of an "images" folder. I need to be able to export a slice and save it/overwrite to a folder of my choosing, exactly like a standard Save As. Currently, Illustrator will create and nest an images folder every single time....what a waste.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Save Vector Artboards by Clipping Vector Art to the Artboard

I need for vector artboards to be fully clipped to the artboard when saving as PDF and/or any other vector format. I have vector artwork for large format printing that I have cropped into many artboards in the same file. When I save individual artboards as PDF, any lines that extend outside the artboard are still available in the saved PDF file when opened in Illustrator. I need artboards to truly clip the vector artwork or I need another solution to this issue. Clipping masks do not actually clip vector artwork, in Outline Mode, the entire artwork is still there.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Opening Multi-Page PDFs should have a larger preview or scalable preview

The Open PDF window box that comes up when you try to open a Multi-Page PDF should have a larger preview. In the Open PDF window much of the text can be garbled, which doesn't help if you are not sure which page of a 49 page document you need to open.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. UNSAVED DOCUMENT ASTERISK - *

Sometimes we need to know if we changed a document, or if something moved without us realizing it. And the only way to know is to look at that tiny asterisk next to the document file name to see if it was modified.

My idea is to make that asterisk a little bit bigger, so people can easily spot it. I am attaching a screenshot with a rough concept.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to export to PSD but retain folders and layers

Ability to export to PSD but retain folders and layers. Critical for taking artwork prepared for Character Animator from Illustrator to Photoshop in order to use tools such as puppet warp to create easy frame by frame animations.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Convert Text in After Effects

The ability to trace text in After Effects and to remain as text rather than having to copy and paste from Illustrator (just like you can convert Photoshop text to After Effects text)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. remember "use art board" checkbox when export svg

when I export svgs I have to check "use art board" everytime... why not just remeber this setting has been checked or uncheck from before

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shapes created in Photoshop should be paste as vector in Illustrator.

Shapes created in Photoshop should be paste as a vector in Illustrator.

After all Photoshop and Illustrator belong to the same family, So at-least we users expect this little ability to have this ease of use.

Please do include this capability.

Thanks.
    Jaydev

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show image output dimensions before exporting

Under File > Export > Export for Screens and > Export As, it would be great to be able to know what the output dimensions will be when selecting 150dpi, 300dpi or a custom resolution.

Often I will need to export images from various source to specific JPEG or PNG dimensions. This will save the step of exporting, checking the dimensions of the output file, then adjusting the output resolution or resizing in Photoshop.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Export quality for EMF or WMF

When exporting to emf or wmf formats to get editable vectors into PowerPoint the details in curves or small marks get all messed up. For example the details of a registered trade mark on a logo will be distorted or the curve of a letter o will become choppy. This is a huge issue for us and I'm hoping quality settings like the options provided for exporting and svg would fix the issue.

Thank You

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Keep non-visible Layers from showing on PDF.

This was not a problem in the past. If you save as a PDF, layers which are OFF will appear in the PDF. Wrong. Bad. Why? Obviously not what the user intended. Bad programming. Please fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. High Sierra rearranged PDF Preset order

After updating my Mac to High Sierra, the PDF export presets are all in seemingly random order with no way to rearrange them. This isn't true in any other CC application.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base