When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Where is Project Lincoln?

I notice that there isn't even an option to comment on the ridiculously archaic graphic tool in Illustrator that hasn't been updated, as much as I can remember, since the early 2000s.

WHERE IS PROJECT LINCOLN? Why is this such a black box for Adobe? Why do you not address this AT ALL?! I don't know if you've been paying attention, but there is a LOT of data going around these days and we could USE SOME @#$%ING HELP!

UPDATE THE GRAPHING FUNCTION!!!!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't display clipped outside paths in Outline View option

Sometimes we have a large pieces of artwork clipped.
    Sometimes we don’t care what’s inside until we isolate these to edit the clipped art directly.
    Still, when we switch to Outline View, we see all the art that is clipped, clumped, overlapping, messy.
    For these cases it would be nice to have an option to not draw parts that are outside and beyond of clipping paths.
    Corel’s products does it a bit wrong — they don’t draw clipped parts in Outline at all, including parts that are inside. Ai should do it better.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Illustrator on Linux

Illustrator works on Windows and Mac, but you are missing out on a big customer base for scientists who would prefer using Illustrator on the Linux Operating system. Please work towards creating a Linux version for Illustrator. Shared this feedback through years or using Illustrator.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. history panel for Illustrator and all Adobe applications

Like in photoshop and other programmes introduce a History panel to make things easier.
    if you don't like the idea, you can make it an optional click in the preferences or something but for some people this is a must!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bounding Box bug

Adobe, have you seen this page. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1148039
    The bounding box problem has persisted over versions, years. Extremely strange that it continues to pester even to this day. Will you ever do anything about it?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. New Guide Layout feature similar to what is in Photoshop. This will allow us to set up columns, rows and margins in one dialog box

New Guide Layout feature similar to what is in Photoshop. This will allow us to set up columns, rows and margins in one dialog box

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create symbols from Global Edit

Global Edit is great, but it should have a way to make the globally selected items into multiple instances of a symbol. Once you start Global Edit, as long as the individual items qualify as being instances of the same symbol, that option should be made available to you.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 finger zoom, rotate and pan and 2 finger for vertical and lateral scroll feature on the trackpad.

Can you allow three fingers control to pinch zoom, pan and rotate at the same time for a smooth control for the drawing area. Two fingers can be used to scroll vertically and laterally.
    This feature will help me as i do a lot of graphic design illustrations. It would help me zoom in for details and immediately zoom out to get a bigger perspective and again zoom in on a different area without having to press many buttons, all this while my right hand is controlling the mouse

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make "Constrain Width and Height Proportions" Actionable.

"Constrain Width and Height Proportions" setting is not remembered in an Action. Therefore, the Action will perform incorrectly if this setting has been changed since the Action was run. Make this option controllable within the Action.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please improve support for copy & pasting from Animate CC!

I use Animate CC to animate, but Illustrator's drawing tools are VASTLY better — so I always design everything in Illustrator then import to Animate CC. Undoubtedly, the Animate CC team is responsible for some of the incompatibility here, and you would know better than I where their work ends and yours begins BUT…

The single most frustrating thing about working with Illustrator and Animate CC is that you can copy/cut vector shapes from Illustrator and paste them INTO Animate CC… but if you try to do the reverse — to, say, edit a shape using Illustrator's tools because they're…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. GROUPS RETAIN LAYERS

Would like to be able to group items on different layers while keeping the group intact. This would be especially handy when using the Esko cut software (cut layers). With this option, I would be able to group artwork with a die to more easily impose art across various sheet sizes (across different documents or within the same document with different artboard sizes).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The circles in Illustrator are flawed and here's why.

I discovered a major bug in Illustrator CC. The circles in Illustrator are not accurate. This is the case regardless of whether you use the ellipse tool or the arc tool. Make a circle. Check the dimensions to make sure it's accurate. Draw a radius line at 0º. Copy it 3 times and rotate the copies 90º,180º and 270º. When all of the copied lines are put on the center of the circle, they all touch the inner edge of the circle perfectly. However, Copy the 0º line and rotate it 45º. Put it on the center of the circle.…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Selection panel - supercharged customisable selection options

• A new Select panel.

*User-defined search permeameters with logical operators, and access to all relevant properties and object types in the document object model. Ability to extend and refine a search by multiple parameters.

*User-defined labels for objects, with which users can create their own custom searches (eg. ”figure”, ”house”, “red team”, “platform” etc.).

This would make me A Happy(er) Bunny.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Editable text in Dynamic Symbol instances

For dynamic symbols to make sense it should be possible to edit the text content, color, and other text attributes of each symbol instance without altering the master.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pinch to zoom

Pinch to Zoom doesn't seem to work in Illustrator, unlike in XD

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make a selection of objects from Global Edit

When using Global Edit to edit multiple instances of a grouped object (or any other object), it would be very useful to have an option to keep those objects selected when you leave Global Edit (in order to group them all together for instance).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. batch action to include image trace with ignore white plus expand

I would like to use image trace including advanced setting ignore white, plus expand to get paths, in a batch action. I can do these as separate actions, but not in combination on one image and not at all as a batch process. I confirmed this is a limitation of illustrator currently with your support reps in live chats. If you could add this in your next update that would be great! thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Resize Imported or linked Picture to 100%

Right click on an imported or linked image (Like a picture you just took with your phone or any other image) and have an option "Resize to Original Size" or "Resize to 100%." Similar to Apple's Keynote application for imported images when you click the button "Original Size."

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please Remove Artboard Limit Entirely!

There appears to be a limit of 1000 artboards on a single canvas in Adobe Illustrator. This is VERY annoying. I frequently have Illustrator files with multiple very small artboards (for iconography). It's absurd that I have all this canvas space and cannot add as many artboards as I want/need.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base