1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

74 results found

1. Support 16 bit images / iOS 11 Screenshots distorted

Screenshots made in iOS 11 are distorted when open or used in AI. Distortion persists during export to pdf.

AI 21.1.0
    macOS 10.12.6
    MacBook Pro 2017

All other tested Image Softwares displayed the screenshot correctly (Photoshop CC, Preview, Chrome, Safari)

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. show preview for missing link image

Instead of blank, empty image frame when a linked image is missing please embed a preview of each linked image. That way, just like Indesign, it will be possible to see what the missing file looks like as you attempt to relink the image.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Place multiple files in a grid like InDesign (Gridify)

InDesign has a very nifty feature that I would like to see in Illustrator; if you press the arrow keys while placing multiple files at once, you can create a "grid" of said files. Depending on the job I'm working on, I have to place hundreds of files at once... Having this feature would streamline a lot of my projects.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Define a default placement option

Make it possible to define other placement options in preferences. So you can, for example, make complete documents with "File dimensions" as a preference

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Display copies of links' duplicates as instances, like in InDesign

It would be nice if Illustrator's link panel was more link InDesign's in that it collapsed instances of the same linked file into an accordion. The user can then update multiple instances of a file to the same new link or link them individually to separate new links.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sort content in links palette + User controlled preflight warnings

Added sorting ability in links palette would be very useful.
    Allowing me to sort by file size, alpha, date placed, date altered. Similar to finder or windows explorer. Allowing me to rearrange the columns to suit my needs.

A preflight indicator of any potential conflicts would be a nice add as well.
    CMYK doc with an RGB image placed. Unused nodes swatches, does this doc contain any overprint items, that kind of thing. In a perfect world I could set in prefs what I want warnings for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can you PLEASE PLEASE just put a simple trash can icon on the links panel so i can just delete links that are no longer pertinent?

Can you PLEASE PLEASE just put a simple trash can icon on the links panel so I can quickly and easily delete links to images that are no longer pertinent. this would be valuable because I use the same base maps over and over but import different source sketches that I trace/digitize on to the map. once the feature is digitized and I've deleted the sketch the link lives on forever. Or better yet, just the way it works in InDesign (maybe you've heard of it) - if you delete the image, the link to it automatically deletes.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Scale raster images by setting a new resolution

I'd like a tool which allows us to scale raster images (linked or embedded) relative to the artboard raster effect settings. eg. you'd tell it 72 dpi, 150dpi, 300dpi, 355dpi etc. and the image would re-scale to the correct relative size against the artboard.

At the moment raster images brought into Illustrator always seem to appear at 72pdi, and are scaled too large relative to an artboard with 300dpi raster effects. This is a problem which needs fixing.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. An ability to control the assumed resolution for placed PNG files

Raster images brought into Illustrator always seem to appear at 72 ppi, and are scaled too large relative to an artboard with 300 ppi raster effects. There is no way to set images to appear at the desired resolution, instead requiring you to manually adjust their size with the transform tools.

A 300 pixel wide PNG appears on the artboard scaled 4.17 inches/105.8 mm wide. It's too big and blurry if you print it. You have to down-size it manually with the transform tools... awkward.

The desired behaviour is for raster images to appear scaled on the artboard at an…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Unembed links when packaging...

When packaging a file, there is no option to un-embed images.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. link panel shows what layer the (missing) link is on and/or makes 'go to link' work on hidden layers too.

When links are missing that are on a hidden layer there is no way to easily spot them and check on in multilayered files. Since the GoToLink function only works on active layers, there is no other way but showing ALL layers and then using this function, remembering the layer and then hide the layers again; a painstaking procedure with large multilayered files. Would be nice if the link panel would simply state on which layer the missing link resides. Or make the GoToLink function automatically make the appropriate layer visible, like when pasting onto a hidden layer with 'paste…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When embedding images flatten all images option without having to scroll through each one

When embedding my links to go to press I have multiple links and it is redundant to ask everytime if I want to flatten each image one by one. There should be an option to flatten all highlighted images in one shot. If I have 70 documents to go to press with 30 links each it can get very time consuming.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support video placement for UX design

Being able to import videos and make a design on top of a looping video would be super helpful for all of us product designers that need to see how the movement of the video impact on a design. This can help in websites and apps, and for presentation purposes it would be nice to be able to export the video.
    Right now to test a background video on a design you have to export the design and work on a new file inside a video editor.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Image Crop Feature

This is a bug with regards to Image crop feature in Illustrator.

While I try to unembed a cropped image (in Illustrator) and link to a PSD source file, the source PSD file gets flattened or layers get merged to a single layer. The source PSD file gets altered and damaging it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base