When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hybrid Outline View

It would be useful to have a hybrid outline view that combines both Preview and Outline modes. This would be useful in manipulating objects that are hard to see or have no color (for example bounding boxes without a fill or stroke) without needing to switch views.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New transform interface

We really need a global, accurate transform and distort window in the application. It needs more detail, the ability to recall the last applied action and interaction with bitmaps. This is a feature people have been asking for nearly 20 years - I've even designed it for you! Can you build it now? Ta

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Object > Path > Clean Up - change back to notification

Clean up used to tell you how many things it cleaned up (I believe?)
    Now it says if it was unnecessary, but if it does clean up, doesn't say how many things it fixed. This was quite satisfying to know and also can help problem solve/clue to where the cleaned points were. If you are dealing with similar art files on a regular basis this could be useful information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make UI scale-able. The Interface is small and unreadable, there's no feature in preferences to make it larger and it doesn't scale with PC

Make UI scale-able. The Interface is small and unreadable, there's no feature in preferences to make it larger and it doesn't scale with the rest of the PC. There's a pic online of a slider in the preferences UI section, like the one for lighter/darker, but apparently they stopped doing that? Or maybe they only have it on certain operating systems?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Color Coding for windows and tabs

I appreciate the many ways Adobe has updated the workspace in Illustrator to be as efficient as possible. However, one thing that I constantly find myself running into is the slight frustration of having to click, or read, or hotkey through the different tabs or windows in order to perform a new function or locate a file.

A project may require many windows in my workspace or I'm working with multiple files I'm having to bounce between.. I'm in a good creative workflow zipping through my project, and then, I find myself having to stop and do a little search…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Highlight/Select values within box on panels on single click

I am unsure if this is OS specific or not, but it would be a welcome quality-of-life change. I use an Apple laptop and a Windows desktop.

Within Photoshop on Mac, if you click within the 'Character Size' box inside the Properties panel the entirety of the characters are highlighted to then be replaced. Unknown to me, this behavior is actually not consistent throughout every other Adobe program on Mac OS (as it should be).

It seems that on Windows, the behavior is set to only highlight on a double-click as well. This isn't the end of the world but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. keyboard shortcuts for different languages

I'd love to see an update that lets me use the same physical keys for shortcuts while I have a different keyboard than English selected.

For example, the backslash key () is used for the line tool. But when switching to German, the same physical key returns (#) and in Romanian we have a (â).

I wish that all shortcuts activated by the press of the physical keys work as intended in the interface regardless of the language currently active so I don't have to switch so much between languages just to have my shortcuts work again.

This could work…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Wider Vertical Ruler ?

Is it possible to get a wider vertical ruler? The numbers are awkward to read and slows you down.

Just wide enough for the numbers to read horizontally instead of from top to bottom.

It's just impossible to easily find individual measurements if they go to more than two digits.

This looks like there is an error in the UI.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Missing properties for properties panel

1. When i select a text in a mask with direct selection tool or text tool the character and paragraph properties are not visible in the properties panel.

2. Although align to artboard button is selected align panel is not visible in the properties panel if only one item is selected.

3. Select same or object menu must be located in the properties panel like on the control bar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please allow an option to disable to home screen.

It's annoying to have this thing pop up every single time you close a document. In every app. Give us an option to turn it off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can keyboard shortcuts for Menu commands be possible without the Ctrl/Cmd key?

A lot of the "Tools" shortcut keys that use a single button, I don't use (and probably quite a few other people). People who work with Illustrator most likely use a specific amount of shortcuts, often. Being able to use a single key like F or Y or N to be something more useful like Expand, etc would be great!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want you to be able to freely set the font color and font of the menu.

Unavailable menu characters are too dark to be distinguished, so I want you to be able to change the colors yourself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. HOLD SPACEBAR to HAND TOOL and released back to previous tool. BRING THIS BACK

BRING BACK THE SPACEBAR HOLD for hand function and when released back to previous tool. This made work flow so fast for moving around the art board.
    This change is making things much slower on my process having to go back and forth between commands.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 'Update Current Workspace' Option

An option under window->workspace to update the currently active workspace. Possibly placed under "Reset %Workspace Name% ".

I know you can just add a new one with the same name to update, but a one click option would be great. I make small incremental changes to my current workspace.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Linked Image File Name

Keep File Name on Embedded Images. So many times the file name disappears after the image is embedded and the file is saved. If you have multiple versions of an image it would be helpful to have the file name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Replace multiple images at once

It would be very helpful to have identical linked images grouped like in InDesign and hence to be able to replace all instances in one go.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hotkeys for next/previous appearance item

Appearance is great but can be better.
    To select a fill below current one you have to open palette and click the item you want to change. If there would be a hotkeys for selecting next appearance item above/below (like Photoshop has for navigating Layers) this would boost keyboard freaks like me.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create an Ungroup ALL feature on layer(s).

It would extremely useful being able to select the artwork on the layer and clicking an ungroup all option This would speed up prepress production especially when there are multiple grouped objects on a layer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. recorte de Imagen - mejorar funcionalidad

Crop Image Function

Sería interesante contar con controles flotantes cuando se hace uso de la herramienta de Crop Image porque uno hace uso de la misma con los márgenes activos de corte pero luego debe confirmar el recorte haciendo clic en boton ubicado en la barra de las propiedades de la la herramienta, generando así una distracción en su uso y pérdida de tiempo.

Además la herramienta de corte todavía no es inteligente al sugerir cortes y todo el tiempo se debe volver a ajustar el recorte.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Illustrator icon

I don't know if it annoys anyone else but it drives me crazy the Photoshop icon has rounded corners and the Illustrator icon has sharp corners. Why aren't all the Adobe icons either rounded or sharp, just be consistent!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base