How can we improve Illustrator? Vote for or share a new idea.

586 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
NOTE:
1. You will have to reset your toolbar once if it is already disturbed. refer to this knowledge base to see how you can reset – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1900963
2. What we have fixed is the tool bar is no longer editable as long as it is not in the toolbar edit mode

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
Adobe. Make It an Experience.

685 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The idea of a fix to this "feature" is wonderful. Too bad Adobe has already taught me to fear updates. Sure, might fix this issue- but another huge and destructive bug or poorly planned addition will almost certainly de-rail all progress and ability to use the program until we all spend hours searching for solutions and submitting complaints and a fix finally arrives weeks later. I'm sick of this pattern and I don't trust Adobe at all anymore.

• Ivan Sablaev (Sahba) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a ratherlarge display and had pulled my needed tools out of the flyout to have their own spot. Now they are pushed back into each other. Can we not edit the tool bar anymore?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THANK YOU! This solution at the top was much needed. Terrible update faux pas.

Tool bar fix:
    Go to bottom of toolbar menu and click on the dumb rectangle box icon with the three dots.
    This opens the All tools menu. (grayed out)
    Click the dumb little icon in upper right corner, and choose reset or advanced.

Fix this Adobe!

Ashutosh Chaturvedi
    Here is a bright idea, how about you tell us how to take the toolbar out of edit mode? I don't see that anywhere.... Thats the fix right? Congrats on still having a job. Your are AMAZING.

Adobe near thought of this stupid tool bar editing decision became a disaster like this, hope they will learn from this lesson, try to think and work as a user point of view.

Love this new Adobe game - Find my ******* square tool again. **** your deadline mate, Im hunting for a circle.

• Desiree commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All is good...i found the reset button, lol, all is back to where it should be :)

• SirStancelot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure if still applicable, but have you tried CMD+SHIFT+B (Mac) or CTRL+SHIFT+B (Windows)? This is the show/hide bounding box shortcut. Hope it helps someone :)

• Desiree commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My direct selection tool is TOTALLY missing after updating last night. What the heck?? Why can't you people (Adobe) leave something that already works well alone and stop changing things to make it more complicated? This is getting so annoying!!

• Bronwyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not have this update available. I have forced it to check and it says no updates.

Finally, the start need to reset was a stupid waste of time. Please don't ever have the program try to anticipate what tools I want!

• Derrick Riley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please add the instructions on how to reset the toolbar? I've updated but can't figure out how to reset without scrolling through hundreds of people's complaints below.

Winkworth is the coolest name ever. Anyway i tried calling adobe to see if they could credit my last montly payment to offset my trouble snd they said no. Then they transferred me to a tech that i explaind all the steps ive taken to, who then told me i just needed to reset the toolbar. THANKS! I just told you that was the first thing i already tried. Sad i have to ad adobe to the list of poor companies - ebay - apple - amazon to name a few. Worthless customer support.

Feedback and Knowledge Base