1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4369 results found

1. Export for Screen Preset system is a FIASCO

As comments for this thread are closet, I start a new one.
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/32015539-custom-presets-for-asset-export-export-for-scree

This Preset thing is a disaster. It doesn't fix any issues I have with Export For Screens.

It doesn't save the Folder for the export. So I have to set it every time I open my document, as Illustrator set it to the same folder as where my AI document is. This was, and now still is, my major problem with Export for Screens.

Also, I have to select the Preset every time I open my AI file. The least I was hoping was that the settings…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Printing one artboard multiple times on one sheet

It would be very beneficial to have a feature that allows you to save a pdf with multiple copies of your artboard on one sheet with cut marks. Something similar to the attached screenshot (that was manually created).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Print  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Reduce the shortening / truncating of color swatch names when in list view

Remove the color type from the right column of the color swatch menu which would result in more space for the color name and ultimately less truncation of color names.
    The color type; spot, process or global is already indicated by a dot or triangle on the thumbnail on the left. It doesnt need to be indicated again on the right. If this was eliminated, there would be more space for the color names.
    The color mode isnt important. Book, cmyk or RGB - it doesnt matter to users when searching this list. RGB or CMYK is already apparent as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Need "Save a Copy" suffix checkbox option, like "Export As"

Much like the recent fix to the "Export As" dialog box which added a filename 'Suffix' checkbox option when saving an image or images, would it be possible to also get a Suffix checkbox option added to the "Save a Copy" dialog box? When I need to generate a PDF using Save a Copy (my go-to method, less cumbersome than Print>PDF) which is several times per day, I don't want "copy" added to the filename and I have to remove it every single time before saving. Thanks.

"Export As" filename suffix threads referenced:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/31723057-when-exporting-an-image-using-artboard-with-a-si

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/exporting-as-jpeg-with-use-artboards-adds-to-file-name/td-p/2819432

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. set pdf content active as helpers/rules when imported

As it's convenient to keep links to reference file, it's sometimes mandatory to attach/align new shape to points/path of the imported shape.
    but by default the pdf content is not "live". it would be valuable to have this content live as it's possible for Glyphs or symbols...
    Many Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Export 3D elements with ALL of the faces separated.

Please give us the ability to export 3D elements created in Ai with ALL of the faces separately (bevels, extrusion, front/back), so that they can be colored or textured individually. It would be very valuable and save time to have this in one app, just as is/was in Ps. thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Keep the organizational structure of Libraries the same between Adobe apps

I have put a lot of work organizing my libraries in Photoshop it would be nice if that organization structure would translate across all Adobe apps with libraries. Not have to organize my assets again in every program.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Select Artwork by Swatch

This is how it should work:

Select a Swatch in the Swatches palette, choose from the menu: ':Select all object that use this swatch' (as Fill / Stroke).

Comes in very handy to select items via the Swatches palette in complex cartoon style drawings. It is also a way to - kind of - create long awaited multi layer groups.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Buttons with Color background

We need all active Illustrator buttons with a blue color background like Illustrator on iPad. Sometimes it's hard to find black on a dark interface.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can you add the option to make a multipage pdf from the variable dataset export? Needed for compatibility with printing software

Currently when exporting vardatasets, you get a single page pdf per dataset.
    When making stickers some printing software cannot apply printing and contour cutting on multiple images.
    I would be nice if the datasets can export a multipage pdf, or if an action can be made that creates artboards from datasets instead of exporting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Accurate placement of guides.

Dragging a Guide from the rulers is not very accurate. Please add a way to see the exact position of the guide (preferably as an overlay near the guide, but in the Ai ecosystem maybe in the Info panel). And please let it snap to exact values when pressing Shift.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to show only the actual missing fonts in missing fonts list

Please provide an option to show only the missing fonts in the top half of the missing fonts dialog box. If only the missing fonts were visible we wouldn't have to constantly scroll up and down the missing fonts list to find the yellow triangle.
    Option only, because it is useful to see all the fonts that are used in a file...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Get rid of Tool Tips for known tools

Please add a X to the big distracting Tool Tips. Clicking the X should hide the tip for that specific tool.

This will keep the tips for less used tools, but gets rid of the annoying tips for tools that we are using for decades. It will personalize the help system.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Find/Replace Color feature from InDesign

I would love to use the Find/Replace feature for color just as it is now used in InDesign. Changing a color that isn't global is tedious when you have many fills, strokes, patterns and gradients using the same swatch. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Better ExtendScript sockets

Please add socket support to ExtendScript's Illustrator engine. Also add support for HTTPS.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Some way to control the mesh density of generated 3D objects?

I'm using Illustrator to turn some 2D drawings into 3D objects which I export as OBJ/GLTF to other software. The process is really quick and simple, and produces very smooth and clean mesh objects, however... I'm having trouble with the total lack of control over the geometry density/resolution of the generated 3D model.
    I've experimented with increasing the number of anchor points and size of the drawing to see if I would get a 3D model made of more polygons and vertices, but had no success.
    It would be amazing if there was a proper way to control the generated…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add option in Preferences > File Handing to remove or “do not append” the word “copy” in the filename when saving a copy

Please add an option in Preferences > File Handing to remove or “do not append” the word “copy” in the filename when saving a copy. This feature is not an option in Illustrator but it is a feature in Photoshop that saves a lot of time compared to manually removing it every time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Replace Image With Symbol

I would like to select any number of images on my document and replace them with a symbol. I would like the symbol to be in the exact same location as the images were and be the exact same size (if the image is clipped by a clipping mask, I would like the symbol to be the size of the clipping mask). I would like the option for the symbol's proportions to be 1) retained and match the height of the images being replaced (in case the image proportions are different), 2) retained and match the width of the images…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Symbols  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Use Typographer's Quotes should be more accessible

"Use Typographer's Quotes" should be added to the Character palette to make it more easily accessible. Sometimes I'm designing a document that uses typographer's quotes, but most of the time I work with documents that reference dimensions in feet and inches, so I need to be able to switch back and forth between typographer's quotes and straight quotes quickly.

In addition to that, "Use Typographer's Quotes" should be moved from File > Document Setup to Illustrator > Settings > Type to match the way Photoshop and InDesign do it.

The Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign teams (and probably others, but those…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mark layers/sublayers in the layers panel

We used to be able to easily tell layers and other containers apart in the Layers panel. Layers/sublayers were marked with a darker or lighter background in the Layers panel.
    This is important for several functionality that can be applied to groups but not layers and vice versa. Particularly when you deal with complex artwork such as puppets for Character Animator, but not limited to them. And you need it when analyzing other peoples' files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base