When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to disable Rotate View

I think the new rotate view update is great if you want to work from multiple angles. But I’ve found it extremely difficult to work while using my trackpad because when ever I zoom in on my projects rotate view is automatically triggered and I have to keep going back to reset my view. As someone who works on multiple art boards at once this happens in a smaller span of time which tends to become annoying after a while.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better Action Set Organization in Illustrator

We have a lot of Actions but only a few are needed at a time based on the workflow you're currently in. It would be great to have the "for the moment" unutilized actions hidden when in button mode. Action Sets functioning like Libraries while in Button Mode without having to delete and then reload is not a good way of going about this.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Nix the Stupid Blue Share Button

Get rid of the stupid giant blue "Share" button in the toolbar. It's very distracting because it looks like I constantly have a notification. And I will never use it. We've been all through this with Acrobat already!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. フォント名表示の幅を調整できるオプションを追加してください

macOS10.15、11
    Illustrator 25.4.3

1.ドキュメント上にテキストを入力し、フォントを指定するために文字パネルを開きフォント名をドロップダウンする。
    2.フォントプレビューを非表示にした場合、モリサワフォント等接頭辞の大きなフォント(特にAP-OTFで始まるもの)は不適切な省略表記となりフォント名の特定が困難となる。

これはフォントの命名にも絡む問題で一概にIllustratorに問題があるとは言い難いものです。ですから、ドロップダウンをプレスした際に表示される幅を可変にして略記表示が問題ある場合にユーザーが表示幅を調整して認識できるようにしていだだけたらと思います。

添付画像の矢印部分をユーザーが調整してフォント名の表示部分の幅を任意に調節することで略記の部分を変更できるようにしていただけたらフォントを探す際に楽になるかと思います。

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Type on path with multiple lines

We need to extend Type on Path to allow it to be multiline.
    The picture does explain it well enough.
    Instead of manual offsetting lines (I used AG Offset tool to make a lot of them at once) and making threads, we should be able to just tick an option and get a LIVE result.

Also, please see the related request about upgrading the UX of Type on Path as well:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657/suggestions/44049999
    Vote!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Customizable splash screen

Adobe marketing team decides what to display as splash screens. Sometimes the choice is great, and sometimes is not, much more often, to some of us.

And since the Illustrator splash screen is what we see often, and it obviously influence our thought and mood, we’d like to have options to customize it.

We can access the image ourselves, all of them are stored along with other version for different resolution screens at
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2022\Support Files\Contents\Windows\aiccsplash.png (on Windows)
    and packed in the application in Contents\Resources\ (on Macs),
    but this feels like a hack.

What if we…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create PDF Compatible File - Stroke not outlined

When saving an Illustrator file with Create PDF Compatible turned on, would it be possible to have the stroke of the text live, the same as you keep the text live. Not outlined.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring back "Object lasso tool".

Was present in earlier AIs. Helpful for non-marque selecting. Increases efficiency

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Save as pdf (range) without ALL canvases being saved in the background

See here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/single-page-pdf-from-illustrator-includes-all-canvases-in-document/m-p/12564633#M300920

When I save a range from a multiple-canvas Illustrator document, the pdf in Acrobat shows only the range requested, but when opening the pdf back into Illustrator, ALL canvases from the original document are in the document.

Example (see also screenshots):
    I have a simple Illustrator document with 72 canvases. When I save ONE canvas from that document (Save as PDF, range X, Press quality), the pdf it creates shows to have only one page, but the file size of the pdf is 20+Mb, which for this simple work is exorbitantly high. Upon opening the pdf back…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Is there a possibility to activate (highlight/select) layer by clicking on the Eye icon in AI?

Is there any setup I can do in AI that when I click on the EYE icon at the Layer, the layer is getting selected by that? It is very inconvenient for me to open the eye and then the layer again to activate it...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Layers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Curvature Combs and Tunni lines

Two ideas, both aimed at creating smoother curves:

1. curvature combs:
      an additional visual aid that could be enabled/disabled via hotkey or option on a panel that assists the artist/user in evaluating whether a curve is continuously smooth, or whether it needs adjustment. See this blog for a quick coded breakdown:
      https://observablehq.com/@jrus/curvature-comb
      see this webpage for more traditional curvature combs with lines perpendicular to the curved path, in proportion to the path's curvature at that point:
      http://www.bluesmith.co.uk/evaluateComb.htm

2. Tunni lines:
      an additional assist/handle for helping a user more precisely adjust a curve (or multiple curves), both symmetrically and asymmetrically.
      See this example…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Convert expanded strokes back to live strokes

So far there is no way to de-expand strokes back to live strokes.

The suggested practice is to cut the shape in pieces and blend pairs with 1-step blends, expand and join manually — a tedious solution. We have to keep strokes alive as long as possible if we plan to edit them after. The effects we can use to make an art non-destructive are quite limited.

We now have cool Reform plugin by AstuteGraphics that allows to edit expanded strokes in a different way, but is does not solve the original problem and only helps to workaround and offers…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Strokes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bounding Box Pivot Point control and rotation improvement

It would be great to be able to change the pivot point of objects while using the bounding box.
    Also if you can rotate not only if you're close to the corners but by holding anywhere outside the shape.
    These features already exist in Photoshop. I find it veeeery clunky to have to move between select, scale, rotate tools for simple operations that can be consolidated together into one, freeing so many hotkeys for more useful stuff.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. AFP to SMB link conversion

Create a function that examines the file links in an ai file and convert any AFP links to SMB links.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Consider a document as 'unsaved' (dirty) when a linked image gets updated

Illustrator think that updating a link is not an operation.
    This leads to problems with documents that use PDF-compatibility option.

Imagine you have an already saved document that have some linked images in it. You open it in Ai and then Edit a linked image in Photoshop. Make some changes in the image, save them in Ps, go to Ai and agree to update the link...

But Ai still considers the document as non-'dirty', as if no changes were made.

You can’t save the document and re-write the PDF content, to see these changes appear, say, in the InD document,…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Images, Links  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Save as PDF with multiple artboards is slow

Just had an long trail/error chat with you. We found the problem and thats why i post it here:

When having a illustator file with 1 image and 4 artboards. (segments of the image). We print & mount the 4 artboards it to make a complete wall vinyl graphics.

When i Save as PDF the export will take lets say 4 minutes. (it very depends on what image is used) but when i merge all artboards to 1 artboard it saves in 1 minute. So it means that per artboard the export time is multipled by number of artboards.

Sometimes…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Drag-and-Drop Swatches to Artboard

This functionality wouldn't change the swatches palette it, but would allow users to drag a swatch to the artboard and drop it. You could tile several to create a tonal family or brand color set.

Being able to scale them larger, arrange them, reformat the grid, turn the white gap off in between colors would improve color adjustment and comparing hues side by side. They'd function like the existing swatches panel in that you could have a shape or stroke selected and apply the color by clicking the swatch on the artboard.

This would help in color exploration and creating…

434 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 変形効果ダイアログにも縦横比を固定ボタンが欲しい

変形パネルのWHのサイズ欄には縦横比を固定するボタンがあって便利です。変形効果ダイアログにも同じボタンがあるとより便利に使えると思うのです。

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Illustrator (BETA) for Apple Silicon is here!

We are excited to announce the first Beta release of Illustrator running natively on Apple Silicon hardware!

This early version of Illustrator for Apple Silicon offers many of the core features that you've come to rely on for your day-to-day needs. Please give it a try. We would love to hear your feedback.

You can download this Beta through the Creative Cloud Desktop app's Beta Apps section. Look for 25.3.1 version. If you do not see the build, send me your Adobe ID at kotwal at Adobe dot com

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed (Comments Open)  ·  36 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Real Isolation Mode

We need a Real Isolate Like in 3D Apps.(3DS Max - C4d )
    I mean that when I select an object /s (better with a toggle shortcut key) I can only see it/them. and when I exit Isolation it turns to the main Scene
    no need to create unneeded layers for a simple function
    Please make this happen.
    Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Isolation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 207 208
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base