Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would love to have an option for turning off the Rotate View Tool.

I use a trackpad to design stuff in illustrator. I use two fingers to zoom in and out, but with this new feature of rotating the view, I keep accidentally rotating my complete workspace while I zoom in or out on my work. This is super annoying.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Illustrator (BETA) for Apple Silicon is here!

We are excited to announce the first Beta release of Illustrator running natively on Apple Silicon hardware!

This early version of Illustrator for Apple Silicon offers many of the core features that you've come to rely on for your day-to-day needs. Please give it a try. We would love to hear your feedback.

You can download this Beta through the Creative Cloud Desktop app's Beta Apps section. Look for 25.3.1 version. If you do not see the build, send me your Adobe ID at kotwal at Adobe dot com

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Done (In Beta)  ·  36 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Drag-and-Drop Swatches to Artboard

This functionality wouldn't change the swatches palette it, but would allow users to drag a swatch to the artboard and drop it. You could tile several to create a tonal family or brand color set.

Being able to scale them larger, arrange them, reformat the grid, turn the white gap off in between colors would improve color adjustment and comparing hues side by side. They'd function like the existing swatches panel in that you could have a shape or stroke selected and apply the color by clicking the swatch on the artboard.

This would help in color exploration and creating…

411 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Colors, Swatches, Patterns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Delete Hidden Layers command - Innapropriately named?

The latest version of Illustrator (25.3) introduces a new command in the flyout menu of the Layers palette. It is called Delete Hidden Layers.

It's a useful command, but it also deletes hidden groups and objects inside visible layers and visible groups as well. These are not what most Illustrator users would describe as 'Layers' and thus the naming of this command may cause a lot of trouble.

There should perhaps be at least two or three different commands: Delete Hidden Layers and Delete Hidden Objects and Delete All Hidden Items.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 変形効果ダイアログにも縦横比を固定ボタンが欲しい

変形パネルのWHのサイズ欄には縦横比を固定するボタンがあって便利です。変形効果ダイアログにも同じボタンがあるとより便利に使えると思うのです。

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Existing "text variables" function from InDesign to Illustrator

Is it possible to add a similar feature to "text variables" from InDesign to Illustrator? In particular - the file name, modification date.
    It would be even better if there were some variables, for example - author, size of the canvas, minimum size of the text used in the project.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please allow "ACTIONS" menu to record the SCALE in EXPORT SCREENS dialog for Artboards

Please allow "ACTIONS" menu to record the SCALE in the EXPORT SCREENS dialog for Artboards. I'd love to be able to record ALL the frequent filetypes and associated sizes for each asset and deliver an ACTION to my entire TEAM that makes this efficient for our everyday usage.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. プロパティパネルのアピアランス部分に濃度設定を追加してほしい

現状のアピアランスパネルでは塗りや線の色を設定する際に塗りのアイコン部分をクリックするとスウォッチが開き素早くカラーを変更可能です。しかし、そのスウォッチに対して薄い色が欲しい場合、開いたパネルで1回ボタンをクリックすることによりカラーパレット表示に切り替えた上での調整が必須です。
    この手順はワンクッション増加するためにプロパティパネル上の不透明度の設定を調整することで代替してしまうというワークフローが増加しています。これはデータ上に安易に透明効果を適用した部分を増加させる事に繋がり、適切な設定を施されないままトラブル誘発の原因となってしまっています。
    なにより、不透明度を下げるという事はその下の情報を表示する事に繋がりますから色を薄く設定するという意図からはかけ離れた行為であると言えるでしょう。
    また、以下のチュートリアルにおいても色を薄くする目的でに安易に不透明度の利用を勧めています。

https://helpx.adobe.com/jp/illustrator/how-to/basics-essentials-workspace-illustrator.html

この説明はまずいです。塗りの濃度調整及び不透明度の設定はそれぞれ明確な使い所が存在し、適切に使い分けるべき機能です。

さて、ここで提案なのですが、InDesignの様にプロパティパネルのアピアランス部分の「塗り」と「線」の項目に濃度の設定項目を追加していただきたいと思います。
    InDesignとはスウォッチの性質が異なるのですが、設定したスウォッチに対して濃度の項目で設定した数値を単純に割合として計算した数値のカラーを適用出来れば問題ないと考えます。
    添付の機能追加提案分の画像の赤で囲んだ部分のイメージのようにしてはいかがでしょうか。
    こうする事でユーザーは簡単に塗りや線の濃度を調整可能となります。

ぜひご検討頂けたらと思います。

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow to combine/merge selected text and path to Type on Path

In Ai on iPad we can select a text, hold a spot, and drag the text to a path, converting these to Type on Path. Easy!

To perform this in Ai for Desktop we have to cut the text, pick the proper tool, hold Alt (or use a subtool), click on path (very precisely), paste the text and then adjust the position (dragging tiny handles). Dated.

What we definitely need:
    1. Ability to drag and drop a text on a path, using some modifier (Ctrl will do) to stick the text to the path
    2. Have a command in Type…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PDF Imports the Viewed Page, not Page 1

Hello. When importing a multipage PDF into Illustrator you get an option at the top to scroll through the pages. Why not import the page you are currently viewing, which is the one you want, rather than having to select a range below.

On the attached example, i'm viewing Page 6 but when I press OK i get Page 1

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. OpenType features can be set in the Character panel

Currently, OpenType features settings can only be set in the OpenType panel. As a result, the user experience is poor. Being able to set OpenType features in the Character panel will improve the user experience.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Switch to Eyedropper while editing text

While editing text, we often need to grab the Eyedropper tool to pick some formatting or color for the selected range from another object. An instinct whispers 'Press I key' — and it obviously but often unexpectedly replaces the range with the 'I'. Undo!
    Then me might think of pressing Alt — and it does temporarily switch to Pan — which is cool and useful, since you can’t hit space.
    We need a modifier to temporarily switch to Eydropper.

...but all modifiers are taken (except fort Ctrl+Shift, which swithes input languages if you have several for some users) and Ctrl+Alt+Shift…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pan tool wrap

When you pan with the mouse button/wheel held down, the panning stops when the cursor reaches the monitor edges. This forces user to release mouse, move it all the way back and re-grab it.
    In some other editors you can continue to move the pointer and it will 'wrap' around your monitor, going from the opposite side of it, until released.

Basically you can pan until you reach the end of your table.

This mode will help those who have to work at scale and pan without unzooming. Please, add it!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Added a slug area in document setup

In InDesign's document setup, there are Slug settings in addition to Bleed.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-to/set-print-bleed.html

There is no a slug area in Illustrator. As a result, users are stacking another large artboard underneath the artboard as an alternative to a slug area. This situation should be remedied by adding Slug settings.

InDesignのドキュメント設定には、裁ち落としに加えて印刷可能領域の設定があります。
    Illustratorには印刷可能領域の設定がありません。そのためユーザーはかわりに別の大きなサイズのアートボードを下に重ねています。この現状は印刷可能領域の設定を追加することで改善されなければいけません。

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Duplex Printing Control

Operating System macOS Big Sur 11.5.1
    Adobe Illustrator version 25.4

The current print process is printing duplex, despite the fact that the printer option is marked as NOT duplex - likewise there is no option for duplex on the illustrator print dialog.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Print  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add copy/apply choice to Offset Path

Most of the time, when using the Object > Path > Offset Path tool, I need to replace the original path, rather than add an offset copy of it. Currently, this requires me to offset the path (often multiple at once) and then delete the existing paths.

It would be much easier if Offset Path offered the same choice of "OK"(Apply and replace original path) and "Copy" as the transform tools.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Select a stroke using its preview bounds

Stroke is immune to a selection. To select an object with a bold stroke, you have to precisely click the actual edge of it or marquee through it.

There is an option to make the bounding box include strokes, 'Use Preview Bounds', but it doesn’t affect this behaviour.

It’d be nice to have a separate option that allows users to click anywhere on a stroke and select the object with it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please restore the DXF import capabilities as it behaved in previous versions up to V25.0.1

In version 25.0.1 and prior, the DXF import command worked, now it does not. Please restore this functionality. Thanks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Resize all artboards independently and by percentage with preview

Resize all artboards and all artwork on boards at the same time by a percentage (currently feature is artboard only and by pixels only, unless I am missing some checkboxes somewhere?) -- each artboard would be independent. Like the same shape feature when selecting artwork and choosing Transform > Transform Each -- but for artboards. Would love a preview before committing!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. symbol marker in preview and outline view

I'd like to see a symbol "marker" of some sort to quickly identify symbols used on a layout, much like the pilcrow and other typographic characters used in InDesign (that can be turned On or Off). These "markers" should be visible in both Preview and Outline views. Thanks. A.C.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Symbols  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 223 224
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base