When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drag-and-Drop Swatches to Artboard

This functionality wouldn't change the swatches palette it, but would allow users to drag a swatch to the artboard and drop it. You could tile several to create a tonal family or brand color set.

Being able to scale them larger, arrange them, reformat the grid, turn the white gap off in between colors would improve color adjustment and comparing hues side by side. They'd function like the existing swatches panel in that you could have a shape or stroke selected and apply the color by clicking the swatch on the artboard.

This would help in color exploration and creating…

371 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

91 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Added a slug area in document setup

In InDesign's document setup, there are Slug settings in addition to Bleed.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-to/set-print-bleed.html

There is no a slug area in Illustrator. As a result, users are stacking another large artboard underneath the artboard as an alternative to a slug area. This situation should be remedied by adding Slug settings.

InDesignのドキュメント設定には、裁ち落としに加えて印刷可能領域の設定があります。
    Illustratorには印刷可能領域の設定がありません。そのためユーザーはかわりに別の大きなサイズのアートボードを下に重ねています。この現状は印刷可能領域の設定を追加することで改善されなければいけません。

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Easily move large number of swatches into a cc library

Companies offer free downloads of their color libraries, typically over 1000 individual color swatches. Currently, each swatch has to be moved one-by-one into a library. It's extremely time consuming and tedious. I have talked to numerous customer service agents and there is no satisfactory work around.

Create an easy way to transfer numerous color swatches at once into a library (which allows for use of the search bar feature). Using ccda>your work>upload does not work either.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Paste symbols along a path

In Indesign you can copy a path and paste it into a text field, including along a path. This is great because if you paste it repeatedly you can then adjust it like you would with type eg changing height and width, spacing etc.

I would like to be able to do the same in illustrator.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Share for Review Enabled for Illustrator

Enable share for review with Illustrator. I can already see how this will help when working with clients for magazines in InDesign - so I can’t wait to see how I can use if with clients for Illustrator based projects.

ESPECIALLY as a professor - this will make it much easier to provide feedback for students during remote teaching and learning this fall with COVID.

LINK TO inDesign feature -
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-share-for-review-faq/m-p/11219483

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Paste Appearance command

We need a way to quickly transfer appearance from one object to another.

For now there are several ways to do it.

1. Grab the Eyedropper tool. Go to tool’s options. Set both Appearance check-marks. Select the art you want to apply appearance to and click the one you want to copy appearance from with the tool (or vice versa with a proper modifier held).
      This one requires me to go to the options before to set these check-marks and go there after to turn them off, because I don’t need these by default.

2. Save a graphic style from the object…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support SVG Tiny P/S

Support SVG Tiny P/S :: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-svg-tiny-ps-abrotman/

This is part of the work on BIMI (bimigroup.org), but we hope that this format will have a wider use case. It's a smaller profile than Tiny. The format may change in the future, but perhaps initial support could be created.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 'Image trace on ipad

.allow image trace on ipad

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adjust handle colors on the fly

Adobe doesn't take colorblindness into account when coloring the handles in Illustrator. I'm not talking about layer colors -- I don't care one whit about layer colors. I'm talking about the associated colors of the handles for the layer, which is the same color as the layer. You can keep layers colors multivariant if you wish, but when working within a document, I simply cannot see the handles when the layer color is against a color in the document that I cannot distinguish between. I've tried resizing the handles, but that does not always make a difference. My only workaround…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Making all functions recordable

Corel has had this feature for ever. Need to increase productivity by recording actions and applying quick keys to it. But we need to record extensions, and scripts that we run.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Button to remove all groups and individual graphics located outside Artboard

While working in a file with many Artboards and while exporting each artboard to a separate EPS, AI carries over all graphics from the original file even if the graphics from each EPS file is resumed to it's artboard.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. search and replace layers / artboards

Add a function to batchrename artboards and layer with suffix & prefix.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New Font Height options unit of measurements

Love the new Font Height options, but it would REALLY be helpful to be able to change the unit of measurements from points to inches or millimeters.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. AI 2020 slow

I am working on a 2017 iMac pro with an 18 core Intel Xeon W processor, 128 GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 memory and a Radeon Pro Vega 64 GPU (16 GB memory). I just (November 5, 2019) updated to AI 2020 and everything is significantly slower than the last version of AI 2019 (yes, GPU enhancement settings are on). I purchased AI CS because it had the GPU enhancement and it was 64-bit allowing me to work with the rather large vector images produced during my data analysis from spacecraft. However, this slow down is like going back to…

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bring back separators in toolboxes we can place where needed

Ai used to have separators in tool panel, dropped somewhere after 2012, with a major UI redesign.
    Now we can customize our tools panels, but we can’t place separators between groups we make.
    Please, give them to use.

Also look at related request about docked tool panels row stacking:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/41861254-allow-docked-tool-panels-to-stack-one-under-anothe

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add color switch toggle to Swatch Panel color chips

This would be a nice timesaver: Similar to the fill & stroke color switch toggle in the tool bar, would be rad to have that in the actual swatch panel. Add color switch toggle to Swatch Panel fill & stroke.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add thumbnail file previews to windows

Please add thumbnail file previews to Windows as we have with Adobe Reader. It's not fair that Mac users have this and Windows users don't While you're doing that please add them to PSD files as well.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automatically make gradients by just selecting two or more colours.

Create a default gradient of two or more colours just by selecting them on the artwork or on the swatches panel without having to copy and paste the color codes separately.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Stretching objects

A stretch function allows to e.g. move a door in a wall. The door is moved, one wall is enlarged and the other wall is shortened. This is done by drawing a box through the walls and around the door, and then by moving the selection. Object that are completely within the selection are moved. Object that cross the selection box are stretched.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 195 196
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base