When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pixel Perfect - alignment with equal distribution e.g. Artboard alignment

When exporting out artwork for app icons, the dimensions have to be precise. 256 x 257 isn't going to work downstream and you have to adjust and export out again - wasting time.

If an art board bounds is not pixel perfect aligned the exported graphics can be one pixel out. So it becomes necessary to align both content and art boards.

One could argue that if an art board has a defined integer dimension, then it should be guaranteed to be exactly that dimension. Which could be a bug.

But why is it necessary to have an art board…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spring Loaded tools

Over in Photoshop, it's possible to hold the single-letter shortcut for activating a tool, and to then release the key to return to your previously-used tool.

In many ways, this is not useful in Illustrator, but in several, it's invaluable. The Zoom tool, in particular--I'd like to be able to hold Z, adjust the zoom, and release Z to be back on the selection tool (or whatever i was previously using).

The Hand tool already works this way: Take out a tool like Selection (v), and then hold spacebar to get the Hand tool. Drag the canvas around, then release…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AutoCAD DWG support on Illustrator Silicon

To import DWG (any version) into Apple Silicon Illustrator. The current version 25.3 is no longer compatible. This is a critical missing import ability.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Selection in the right pane

Since a recent update of Illustrator, it has been very difficult or even almost impossible to select data in the right panels with the mouse. The cursor is stuck, and you must either use the keyboard to erase data and change their value or double-click on the data and replace its value.
    This bug was not present in the former versions of Illustrator (Windows).
    Regards,
    Pascal Garin

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Exportation of Devanagari in SVG

There is an annoying bug in the export or save as... SVG, when the artwork contains devanagari script.
    I attach to this post 3 screenshots of a very simple artwork made of 1 background picture and 2 texts, one in Hindi, the other one in French. The fonts used are the beautiful Adobe Devanagari fonts (bold and bold-italic).
    I have used either save as... or export as... and reopened them in Illustrator, with different results, then made a copy of my screen..
    If you open the 3 files for example in Photoshop, you will see that they are all different!!!…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Batch Copy Transform Data (Dimensions, Location, Rotation) between Objects

I often need to update assets by swapping in objects, placed to match existing position, dimensions and rotation data. Would it be possible to copy all transform data at once rather than one attribute at a time?

Blender is an example of software that does this well.
    (Pardon me if this has already been requested, or there is a better existing way to do this. I haven't yet found either.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Masked object within a masked object?

Is it possible to put a masked object (with clip) inside another mask? When I do this - the masked object within gets its clipped path released.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clipping  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Nommer les images incorporées

Pour avoir la possibilité de retrouver les images incorporées au besoin.
    Dès que l’image est pixellisée ou recadrée, nous perdons cette précieuse information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Relative Links for Co-Working - Cloud Storage - Home Office

Relative links are absolutely essential for collaborating on common projects in an agency.

It's so annoying to work together on a project. When my collaborator starts an Illustrator file and I want to work on it, all links are broken, vice versa the same and the cycle never ends. Sometimes I don't even know what folder some linked files are stored in, so it's impossible to continue his work without his help!

Everyone who works together on bigger projects has this problem, especially in times of home office.

I figured the Creative Cloud wasn't just meant to be a backup…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Paste Special Menu

Organize and expand the paste options: paste without formatting etc...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. command+option+z should *not* be the shortcut to revert the current project

command+option+z is "step backward" in photoshop, undo basically. Why is it revert file in illustrator?! so many people have lost work because of this simple oversight.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug: When Changing fonts on screen which less dpi than default screen, the font menu is much bigger

Hi, i have 2 screens, one is 4k and the other is 1920x1080
    when i am using adobe illustrator on the 1920x1080.
    everything fine except changing the fonts. as you can see in the screenshot, the fonts catalogue is much much bigger than it should be.
    the fonts catalogue is fine when i am setting the windows default screen to the 1920x1080 screen. but it's not good solution for me.

setup:
    4k as windows default screen on settings, 1920x1080 as ilustartor screen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Posso bloccare o limitare la nuova funzionalità appena introdotto "Ruota vista"?

Lavorando con penna su tavoletta wacom questa funzione di Rotazione Vista mi si è già attivata in modo assolutamente involontario almeno 5-6 volte e nel mio caso la trovo molto scomoda. Ho cercato tra le preferenze ma non trovo il modo di bloccare o limitare questa funzionalità. E' possibile introdurre nelle preferenze una spunta per abilitare o meno questa nuova funzione? Sarà anche una buona idea, non lo discuto, però nel mio caso la trovo fastidiosa.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow "UNITS" in preferences, when once set, to not revert back unless changed by user.

When you set your Preferences for "Units" it always reverts back to "Points" after you close and reopen the application. Its a very frustrating issue.

*IMPORTANT NOTE.. Setting up WIDTH & HEIGHT for a document I can't think of any situation where one would use this setting. If so, it would be such a rare instance.. INCH, MM or PIXEL should always be the Primary Settings here.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The Recent Section we're presented with when we open Illustrator

The Recent Section we're presented with when we first open Illustrator, we should be able to select multiple files to open, rather than just clicking one, and then having to "cmd O" or use the File Menu "open recent files" please just save me hours of my life.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please return the option to export .dxfs in R13/LT95 version

Please return the option to export .dxfs in R13/LT95 version. This was removed in the 2021 versions of Illustrator and some users need this export option as it is critical in the design and workflow for people who vut and etch with cnc lasers.

See this forum post please:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/why-can-i-not-export-to-autocad-version-r13-lt95-anymore/m-p/12102215#M278748

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Embroidery Digitizing Features

Please add the ability to do embroidery digitizing within this program; including the ability to export in the most common embroidery file types. If not, a standalone program added to Creative Cloud would be greatly appreciated. This would be especially useful on Macs, because there aren't as many software programs that specialize in digitizing as there are on PC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Simple little change: Remove tiny shadow behind new artboard

I've noticed this for years... whenever I create a new document in Illustrator--no matter the size or mode and without any bleed settings, the artboard has a tiny grey "drop shadow" behind the artboard. See ATTACHED. It does not affect art and never prints, but more times than I can count I've found myself zooming in and attempting to select/delete it, thinking I left some sort of unwanted element behind while I was working. Or I see the faint "border" and think my graphic elements aren't fully aligned to the page edge, when the actually are.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pasting on another layer from a another document

If i copy something from one Illustrator file and want to paste it in another, i don't want it to paste in my locked layer, i want to choose which layer to paste it in. It doesn't give me an option to paste in my choice of layer but one that it chooses for me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 225 226
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base