When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Duplicate artboard hotkey

It should be possible to duplicate artworks not only with Alt + Drag but with a button in the artboard options aswell - just replace it with the text that says "Press Alt + Drag Cursor to duplicate artboard" and keep the Hotkey function.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Stop nag windows

Provide the option to stop nag windows appearing - offering to take a tour of Illustrator, or to use the new tools instead of the old ones. I already use most of the new tools, but I would like to occasionally use some of the old ones without being reminded that other options exist. Especially after the 200th time...

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Show how many artboards are selected

Since we can have multiple artboards selected and this selection isn't very noticeable (which should be fixed too), why not to show how many artboards are selected?
    Just say how many in empty 'Name:' field, since it shows nothing when more is one artboard is selected, in brackets or different color.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Edit Artboards" button in top toolbar

The quickest way I have found of getting to the "edit artboards" state is to:

1. click "document setup" in the top toolbar (when the toolbar decides it wants to show that option; i know it's based on the tool i choose but I really would love for that button to always be there),
    2. then a dialog box opens
    3. then I click "edit artboards".

Usually what I'm wanting to do when I do that process is to move or resize artboards by clicking and dragging.

There is also a "preferences" button that I NEVER use in the toolbar, and basically every…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Linked Text 'Artworking Info' Panels/Tables

When setting up artwork sheets, we often have to use the same job info across many artboards - it would be great to have 'linked' information/type, so when you update text in a textbox/panel on one artboard it will automatically update on other artboards.

This could be done either by a table/panel which update, or being able to select individual pieces of info that you wish to auto-update.

This would be a massive timesaver when artworking!

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be available to add more than 1000 artboards

We are creating a document with icons. Each icon has it's own artboard because of exporting to multiple sizes. Currently we have about 1500 icons and we would like to have all the icons in one document because of effective work with them (which is now not possible because of 1000 artboards limitation).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. To arrange Artboards alphabetically by there names!!

To have an option where I can arrange artboards by there names

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Intuitive access to Custom Templates and show the correct name

Hi - I use custom templates more than a 1,000 times a year. Every Illustrator template is easily located in the New Document window. Logically, you should be able to access Custom Templates there ... without drilling through More Settings - a nearly buried link - and then the Templates button - also seemingly an afterthought.

Also, in the Recent Items window, my custom templates don't include the template name; they just say [Custom] and the file dimensions. This isn't helpful if you have multiple custom templates.

I hope these features are addressed in a future update. Thanks.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New Artboard Automatically Generated - No Preview Available

When a new artboard is generated, it is now automatically placed to the right of the active artboard. Previously, generating a new artboard would show a preview and allow me to place wherever I wanted.

I work frequently with nested artboards, and when I want to create a new artboard within the active artboard, I am taken away from the area I am viewing, which is frustrating. I now have to zoom out, turn off 'move with artboard' so that no art is interrupted, move the new artboard to the area I originally wanted it to be in, zoom in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to change resolution when setting pixels as a unit

I use Illustrator for UX design, and thus I use pixels for the dimensions. However, the resolution of most modern screens, in mobile phones, and other devices, is not the default 72 ppi. Thus, when I switch between units, the pixel size does not equal what I get in millimeters. (For usability issues, e g mm based letter height is crucial.)

I know Photoshop is more of a pixel oriented tool, but doing vector graphics and using Illustrator is an advantage in terribly many places. (There is a reason for Sketch being a popular replacement...) Adding a way to customize…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Deleting Artboard

Can you add back the little cross/close button (we used to have in CC2017) to the artboard so that I can delete the artboards without visiting the artboard pannal?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Layer Comps

Layer Comps like Photoshop but for Illustrator. If you do this, it should fix the problem of showing all the layers when I toggle the solo on and off. I love the solo but it would be nice if the solo remembered what layers were already off when I toggled the solo on. If this was try then when I toggle the solo off, the off layers should stay off.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Drag and drop artwork between documents in same place

Photoshop allows to drag-n-drop artwork between documents in same place, when you hold Shift.
    In Illustrator, no matter what you hold, artwork would be dropped where cursor is pointed, with no respect to original X,Y coordinates.
    I desperately need this!

Quite often I have to copy artwork, containing huge raster images, from one document to another. I need them to be placed in same place, snapped on grid, but AI just drops it. The only way to keep coordinates — is to copy/paste in front/place, which takes an EON to do with my big raster images.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Preflight

Please implement an integrated preflight function that works in the same manner as the preflight function found in InDesign.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Documents and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Art boards bug

When creating multiple artboards the boards are given the same number i.e. two 15's or two 23's (see attached ) which means when you export to eps the artboards that have the same number are ignored.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to Copy&Pastle "Color Groups" in "Recolor artwork" to another document

In one document I have create created some Color Groups for recolor my artwork. Now I want to copy them into another document.

It's not possible to do currently. But it's so simple to implement!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Could you please add similar art board settings or features like Photoshop?

I generally use Adobe illustrator for App design and find it annoying on how illustrator art boards are too close together. Could you guys add the art board settings from Photoshop into to illustrator? I just like the spacing and the naming system defined by Photoshop. It allows for a nicer looking work space.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Dragging layers between documents like Photoshop!

I find it bizarre that you can't drag multiple layers between documents, like in Photoshop. I can only copy and paste in to a new document, which combines everything as one layer, which I then have to go through separating all the objects again. This is such a time sink!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base