• New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How about being able to hide everything outside artboards? Just a revolutionary little idea...

InDesign has had this revolutionary technology since forever. They must keep it hidden in a vault somewhere, but can you please ask them for it.

I actually think it could be the next big thing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Artboards as masks

an option to hide the objects outside of an dartboard as in Photoshop CC

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to Copy&Pastle "Color Groups" in "Recolor artwork" to another document

In one document I have create created some Color Groups for recolor my artwork. Now I want to copy them into another document.

It's not possible to do currently. But it's so simple to implement!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add option to group items within an Illustrator file without it loosing layer information

Grouping items in Illustrator means it looses all the layer information. While sometimes this is ok, or doesn't matter, it's frustrating at other times - could an option be introduced to 'keep layer information when grouping' (in much the same way that 'paste remember layers' works)?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to change resolution when setting pixels as a unit

I use Illustrator for UX design, and thus I use pixels for the dimensions. However, the resolution of most modern screens, in mobile phones, and other devices, is not the default 72 ppi. Thus, when I switch between units, the pixel size does not equal what I get in millimeters. (For usability issues, e g mm based letter height is crucial.)

I know Photoshop is more of a pixel oriented tool, but doing vector graphics and using Illustrator is an advantage in terribly many places. (There is a reason for Sketch being a popular replacement...) Adding a way to customize…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. artboard

When i create a new artboard it automaically places it next to my previous artboard. normally you see a preview and can place it somewere of your chosing. Is there a option to disable this?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New Artboard Automatically Generated - No Preview Available

When a new artboard is generated, it is now automatically placed to the right of the active artboard. Previously, generating a new artboard would show a preview and allow me to place wherever I wanted.

I work frequently with nested artboards, and when I want to create a new artboard within the active artboard, I am taken away from the area I am viewing, which is frustrating. I now have to zoom out, turn off 'move with artboard' so that no art is interrupted, move the new artboard to the area I originally wanted it to be in, zoom in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Linked Text 'Artworking Info' Panels/Tables

When setting up artwork sheets, we often have to use the same job info across many artboards - it would be great to have 'linked' information/type, so when you update text in a textbox/panel on one artboard it will automatically update on other artboards.

This could be done either by a table/panel which update, or being able to select individual pieces of info that you wish to auto-update.

This would be a massive timesaver when artworking!

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Position elements relative to artboards.

Since several improvements to artboards are in the pipeline, I think It would be worth considering positioning elements relative to the top left corner of the artboard. I haven't found a good use for keyboard entry of x and y positions. Positioning elements relatively would make it relatively easy to maintain padding / grids across multiple artboards by entering an exact value.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Be available to add more than 1000 artboards

We are creating a document with icons. Each icon has it's own artboard because of exporting to multiple sizes. Currently we have about 1500 icons and we would like to have all the icons in one document because of effective work with them (which is now not possible because of 1000 artboards limitation).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Align to artboard

In older versions I always had the option to set "align to artboard" and it didn't reset after deselecting objects. I want it ba and I want to be able to do that with a single object again, without having to select at least 2 to set that.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Art boards bug

When creating multiple artboards the boards are given the same number i.e. two 15's or two 23's (see attached ) which means when you export to eps the artboards that have the same number are ignored.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Could you please add similar art board settings or features like Photoshop?

I generally use Adobe illustrator for App design and find it annoying on how illustrator art boards are too close together. Could you guys add the art board settings from Photoshop into to illustrator? I just like the spacing and the naming system defined by Photoshop. It allows for a nicer looking work space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow to see full name past artboard extent

The artboard name is restricted to the size of the artboard, which truncates the name and makes it illegible. Better logic would be to only shorten the name if it collides with another artboard name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Artboards in 2018 can no longer be rapidly deleted

In past versions of Illustrator, I was able to click on an artboard and continuously delete artboards until I had to ones that I want. Now when I select an artboard and delete it, the selection is deselected. I now have to continuously highight and delete, highlight and delete until I have removed all the artboards I need.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Preview art board on my smartphone

A feature where I can i.e. sync my artboards to my smartphone when designing mobile interfaces.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Layer freezing

When doing very complicated artwork, sometimes Illustrator's live preview starts to become impossibly slow. Distorted dense fill patterns, lots of art brushes full of translucent shapes, complicated high-res bitmap effects… I can do some stunning things with these but I’m reluctant to use them, because I need to have fast response time in my drawing tool.

Currently, layers can be locked, or unlocked. I would like to have a third mode: 'frozen', where the layer is locked, and a bitmap of the entire layer is cached. This bitmap is then used for rendering the preview, until such time as the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base