How can we improve Illustrator? Vote for or share a new idea.

Artboards do not snap to whole pixels

When the snap to pixel option is turned on and I use the Artboard Tool dragging the corner of the artboard results in random decimals.
Say if my artboard is 512x512 and I drag a corner out it will now be dragging at every pixel but with a random decimal rather than a integer. this decimal will be the same at every snapped pixel until I let go. at this point if I move it again a new random decimal will be added.

These two screenshots show issue values. take not it is random and the X and Y values do not always match.

I am using Illustrator 22.0.0 (64-bit)

and windows 10 pro Version 1511

43 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
Adobe. Make It an Experience.

36 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Just an user commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ashutosh, what kind of Senior Quality Engineer and Manager are you, if you're not being able to offer a proper explanation on how have you fixed this problem?

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are waiting for Adobe to fix this issue you are wasting your time. And... they are wasting yours. Use another application and the reduction of subscription users will let Adobe know how you really feel.

• Artem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Issue still there. Very frustrating and a huge time-waster.
    A 300x300px artboard snaps to half-pixels. When "Align selected art to pixel grid" is clicked, the artboard self-resizes to 301x301px and only then does it snap to full pixels.

• pawel kuc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ai 23.0.1 (x64), Windows. This issue is still there:
    'Snap to Grid' option set to on. When I move my artboard (without resizing the artboard rectangle, i.e. just changing its position) with mouse it doesn't snap to my grid. at all.

It has been reported November 22, 2017 7:42 PM. A whole year ago!!! And still nothing!!! I am totally frustrated with the quality of your software, Adobe!

• Glen Webster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. I have downloaded the 23.0 Beta and the issue certainly isn't fixed. Am I doing something wrong? Also if this is not going to be released until 2019 then its pretty much useless ad 3rd part plugins will not work until the official release and the plugin developers have updated their plugins! Stick between a rock and a hard place. Can you not do an update to the current version?

• Elena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys.
    Why this simple option became such a complicated thing?
    I still don't understand why this product not working on us anymore,
    and why I should work on it?
    I today spend half work day on manual snapping with outline view only.

• Luis Rodrigues commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very annoying bug that really consumes a lot of time. Please be more careful with future updates.
    Thanks

• Glen Webster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry Ashutosh. I have just updated to 22.1 and the issue is still there. This is a really important feature for print! Can you have a look into this with the highest priority. Thank you.

• Toby Eglesfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable

The snaps on Illustrator sink up to 20% of my job time when working with multiple art boards.

• Geo Manolov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This bug eats a lot of my time designing things for Print, to snap exactly the edges of the artboard to the image/panel/sheet. Please take your time and fix this problem, because the only way option round this is to try to downgrade the version. Thank you!

• Ivailo Rachkov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will be great if someone from illustrator team can fix it. It is so strange - how can you broke something that works perfect, and after that - can not fix it fast?!?!?!

• Jesse Schoen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Artboards do not snap to grid any more.

This has a devastating effect on production!

Please fix it so art boards snap to the pixel grid as Illustrator did on the very recent past!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still a problem for me too. Come on already! This is so **** frustrating and wasting so much time!

• Kelly Torrance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still a problem as of January 24th, 2018, running the latest version of Illustrator. This is costing me an enormous amount of time and frustration. Our company has a dozen 'seats' with the Adobe suite - I'm hoping our manager decides to fill those seats with an alternative design suite. I'd rather learn a new software package than keep putting up with this buggy nonsense.

• Nick Almquist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so unbelievably frustrating. This has been an issue since Illustrator CC 2018 first shipped and it is STILL an issue. Just updated to 22.0.1 on OSX 10.13.2 (17C88) and it's still happening. Please get it together and fix this.

• Egor Chistyakov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work on grid.
    I want to rearrange my artboards manually and keep my art perfectly aligned. I select multiple artboards, make sure snap to grid is turned on (and move/copy artwork button is pressed, but it's irrelevant), and drag these selected artboards to new position — they don't snap.

Everything MUST snap to grid when it's on

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base