When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A4 Size Error

Since the latest update, the size of a new document is showing more digits after the comma, which results in the wrong size of the A4 format. Instead of 210 x 297 mm it shows 210.0016 x 297.0001 mm. Please fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. fit artboard in window

When opening an Illustrator document. Please have the file open as Fit Artboard in Window. Like it used to be. It is annoying to have to hit the shortcut, command - 0 every time I open a file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. You have 'deactivate all fonts' feature. But we need also 'activate all' feature

You have 'deactivate all fonts' feature. But we need also 'activate all' feature.
    I have contacted one of your support regarding font issue, most of my activated fonts are gone in the software, but active in the website. He told me to deactivate all, I did but the thing is I want to activate again all my font that previously deactivate all but you don't have that option, now I have to spent my precious time to activated all one by one, and that is bad!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. File transfer time via CC too long !!

The process to synchronize files on the Creative Cloud is not practical for small bandwidths.

It is painful to sometimes wait several hours for file synchronization on the CC

I would like to choose among several files the one that I would like to synchronize in priority.

Transfert de fichiers via CC trop long !!

Le processus pour syncroniser les fichiers sur le Créative cloud n'est pas pratique pour les petites bandes passantes.

C'est pénible d'attendre parfois plusieurs heures les synchronisations des fichier sur le CC

J'aimerai choisir parmi plusieurs fichiers celui que je voudrais synchroniser en priorité.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creative Cloud Libraries  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Comprehensive Design Theme

An comprehensive theme which contains a preset colors for all type of projects, along with selective fonts for specific client/brand.

This feature can be used across all apps and will be adapted automatically.
    For example: It will automatically use the presets RGB colors for web and video projects, then for web design project it will also select the theme "predetermined safe/web fonts". And when you're starting a print project, this feature will automatically use the presets CMYK and PMS (if available) colors with the theme's predetermined fonts.

As an added feature, there would be an AI inverted (dark) theme. I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Image Trace Bug?

Every single image I trace and expand causes this effect. Is there a way to get rid of it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Use preview bounds" option in stroke panel

Please show the "use preview bounds" option not only in the presets, but also in the stroke panel (e.g. with a checkmark) to make it easier to switch it on / off. That would make icon design much faster.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Edit Links

When I duplicate files with their respective links in a new folder, in order to produce a new art in the same format as the first. Illustrator does not change the link address, when I click on "Edit Original" it opens the link of the first folder, if we are not aware, we end up editing the link of the wrong folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. add a bar where you can see the history of colours used

kinda like Photoshop or Procreate but in Illustrator

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Set artboard rearrange for document so when artboards are duplicated they automatically go to the next line versus getting the error.

Set artboard rearrange for document so when artboards are duplicated they automatically go to the next line versus getting the error "Cannot create Artboard outside of the canvas. Please rearrange and try again. How about that feature automatically rearranges the next artboard to follow your preferences (direct down for example).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Open file from windows explorer with Illustrator while minimised

When in Windows 10 and I have a explorer window open from doing an import into another app Eg. InDesign and then while having the file list open then right clicking on a file to open with Illustrator I get a window too small error (if illustrator currently has been minimised in some way. It would be nice if this file open with illustrator could open the app window bigger so that it could display the file for editing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Relink all images, using the 2nd page of the pdf to be replaced.

Hello everyone! I'm having a problem that takes me a lot of time. I need to make relinks of several (many) images. Usually these images are .pdf and have 2 pages. Is it possible to be able to relink all images simultaneously, using the second page of the .pdf?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Save as multiple files in AI format

Only me who wants to save multiple files, in AI-format, from one document full of many pages? As it is today one can only check "Use pages" and choose page numbers if format EPS, PDF and SVG is picked. I find AI better to import into After Effects than EPS. That's why I want to save multiple files in AI format. Haven't tried SVG though... does SVG work in After Effects?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. User Customization of Pan + Zoom Interaction

There are varying requests for dealing with Zoom and Pan interaction.
    I myself would like to use [MMB = Pan], and [alt/opt+RMB+drag = Zoom] to have coherence with 3d apps I switch between all day.

These are ergonomic functions, subjective to user workflow and comfort, so rather than dictate one or another I suggest making them customizable.

FEATURE GOAL:
    - Allow customization of basic interactions [Pan and Zoom] in order to:
    -- Enhance ergonomics by meeting users in their comfort zone
    -- Increase interaction coherence (become more 'glovelike') within a maximum number of workflows
    -- Do so in a way…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. FantasticFold - packaging design

Solution for packaging design layout as presented at Adobe MAX 2018 with the hashtag #FantasticFold.

Long time missed the workflow from the creation of the dieline to the artwork placement in the package in a way the is aligned when package is folded.....
    better that explaining a sort video explains the requested tool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-llAe4fsJ-A
    thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Expand 'move artwork with artboard' to include rotation.

Currently 'move artwork with artboard' covers move and copy only. It would be great if it could also lock the artwork to the board as it rotates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When drawing a guide line > why do I not see the realtime position in mm somewhere in the interface?

When drawing a guide line > why do I not see the realtime position mm somewhere in the interface? (Adobe Illustrator 2020 feature request).

Especially with a programma that is often about 100% exact sizing, this feature should definitely be in there. InDesign has this already for ages, it saves extra actions from the user, so it saves time and annoyance. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A hotkey to jump to the first typeable box in properties panel would be great

When something is selected, being able to type cmd-6 in Indesign gets you straight to the first typeable box, and from there it's easy to tab or shift-tab around quickly.

I can't find anything similar in Illustrator, though the properties panel in here is supposed to make life easier.

I work with a lot of hotkeys doing quite repetitive tasks, so being able to utilise this panel in a speedy manner would really speed up my workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ability to open Fireworks PNGs as editable PNGs with layers retained in Illustrator

We have thousands of Fireworks PNGs that are now useless having updated to Mac Catalina OS and finding fireworks no longer works. We really need to be able to open them in Illustrator as editable pngs with the layers still retained. I'm aware this is possible in Photoshop, but that's not suitable for our vector-based graphics. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show linked files from Illustrator files in Bridge

It works for Photoshop and InDesign files, why not for Illustrator ones? All of them are built on the XMP platform.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base