Skip to content

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system
  2. The version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop) 
  3. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  4. Your expected result and the actual result
  5. Upload your Illustrator file or a video (screen recording or gif, this helps us most to reproduce the issue and resolve it)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

82 results found

1. Using tab to advance to next dialog box field only works occasionally

Editing text in latest Illustrator (immediately after update)... can't tab between font-size and leading fields - I can get it to work momentarily by closing the box and trying again, but the big returns the next time I try to edit text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator QE

2. shortcut delay

in iMac, all of the keyboard shortcuts are a little bit delay, like 0.5s. How can i solve this issue?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The interface doesn't appear

When I open Ai, the interface never load(1). If I pass the cursor over the top, that bottons appear(2). And, if I select a new color of interface appear the rest(3), but if I press "Ok", that disappears.

Intel Core i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00 GHz
    4Gb ram
    64bits system

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

4. Unable to assign CMD+Z to Undo tool

I am using Illustrator CC 2018 22.0.1 for Mac (High Sierra 10.13.2) and I am having trouble assigning CMD + Z to my "Undo" tool. After my last update, I had lost nearly all of the default keyboard shortcuts (I had never customized them before so I assume they were the defaults) like cmd + s = save, cmd + c = copy, cmd + v = paste, etc. which was really frustrating to always have to go to the menu bars to do small actions. However, I have since gone in manually and reinstated the old shortcuts, but for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Unable to move anything once placed within Adobe Illustrator

I am using the latest version of Adobe Illustrator, i have restarted both my computer and my program numerous times and the issue persists. I am unable to move anything once placed on the Illustrator workspace. the only thing it allows me to do is to resize the objects but not move them.

It is realy frustrating when you come across issues like this which just interrupt workflow preventing you from doing the simplest actions. I am sure there is a fix but i dont have the understanding to know how to fix the issue and the majority of forums…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

6. New File and Help Tabs Not Working

This is not an idea, it's a bug in the system. The 'File -> New' command does not work. If I click 'File -> New', it brings up a new window that remains black and does nothing. I found a work around. If I check the use 'legacy "File New" interface' box In the 'Edit -> Preferences -> General' dialog, only then will it allow me to create a new document.

I can, however, upon initially opening illustrator, create a new document. But say i'm working on a project and I want to create a new document with the 'File…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

7. Custom Views, unlocking layers

"Custom Views unlocking layers"
    Hi, I found something that I believe that wasn't supposed to work that way. I made a "Process" describing what's happening, but my point here is that I didn't expect the Views Feature to unlock layers, I thought it was only supposed to change the Zoom and view location.
    Process:
    1- Create a New view with everything unlocked
    2- Lock some Layers.
    3- Activate your view.

Result: Everything gets unlocked

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Windows Panels resize at applications restart

Not sure if this is a Windows issue or a new AI 2018 issue. The problem I am having with all 2018 Adobe products is that when I enter back into AI after restart my Window Panel properties are all collapsed even though my saved work-space is saved with all of them always expanded. This causes me to go through every window panel and expand it. Not a huge deal but super annyoing and a time waste. This is happening consistently. I am running Win10- pro with the latest AI CC update.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here. It would also be helpful if you can share your workspace on sharewithai@adobe.com

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

9. as if the shift key is stuck (all functions and operations)

After installing the new version, when in Illustrator, shift key has to be held down or things don't work. It's as if the shift key is pressed and I have to press it to release it, if you know what I mean. If I try to select a new tool and click it in the tool panel - nothing happens. If I hit the shift key and do the same again - works fine.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Click and touch release problems Illustrator CC 2018 Mac High Sierra - cause dictation software

Illustrator v 22.0.1, Mac OS High Sierra on Macbook Pro 2016, touch bar, 2.9GHz Intel core i7, 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3

Clicking, tapping, with trackpad or wireless mouse (Kensington wireless Turbo Mouse trackball): click/tap does not release, so the object is highlighted or selected and stuck to the cursor as you move it around.

In the layers palette, (The new Properties/Layers) clicking/tapping a layer lock to unlock it may unlock it with a delay, or lock/relock it. The same goes for view/hide visibility for layers. The response is difficult to interpret, possibly because of delays. But it not possible to use…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New Illustrator 2018 UI is not correct-missing panels and won't set workplace

This is what I get when opening the new Illustrator CC 2018. Wonky, slow to respond, no panels, workplace will not appear. THings lag and disappear randomly. Terrible!
    On WIN 10 Enterprise 64 byte Dell Desktop Nvidia Quatro K4000 video card. 4K monitor

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Please try to delete your preferences. If it still doesn’t solve your problem, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

12. My Illustrator CC window will not minimise into the dock?

Hi,

Not sure where to go with this one but I have just upgraded to Adobe CC and noticed that I'm unable to 'Minimise' the window in Illustrator and also noticed that it won't do it in InDesign but Photoshop does minimise (ODD!)

All it will do is when you double click it fills to fit screen and then the opposite.

I have posted this onto the forum and others have mentioned that they are also experiencing this problem.

(I have turned on the 'Double -click a windows title bar to minimize' in the System Preferences)

Please could you help…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Character Properties Disappears in "Draw Inside"

Can't access the Character Properties (like changing font/size/line height) while in "Draw Inside" mode. I have to create/edit text in my main layer and cut/paste it in the "Draw Inside" object.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

14. I can draw a selection square, and then right click for context menu, but AI doesn't manage to select anything.

I can draw a selection square, and then right click for context menu, but AI doesn't manage to select anything before the menu appears.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

15. Getting error while opening illustrator. Workspace missing.

Get an error while starting the illustrator. Workspace is missing as well. Even if I reset the workspace nothing happens. Nothing happens when I select an already saved workspace. Please figure this out ASAP cannot complete my work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Please try to delete your preferences. If it still doesn’t solve your problem, please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience. Please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

16. Error on Artboard/Workspace

1. Adobe Illustrator CC 22.0.1
    2. Tried working on a new artboard to learn interface and immediately started getting this problem - this happens when I select an object and try to move it. Then I am unable to move anything properly. I have been unable to find any settings that may have caused this. I uninstalled and reinstalled and have received this same problem on different files and art boards.
    3. A triangular cut out that appears on the artboard and causes the objects to malfunction when manipulated.

If I try to create something new, it disappears and then shows up again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks
    Anish Kumar
    Illustrator Team

17. tools panels disappeared.

I've just updated the software and got a dialogue box that some preferences were missing, then the interface changed to the dark one (I opt for the lightest one) and then all my tools seem to have disappeared and I can't get them back. I've quit, reopened, and repeated after restarting but same problem so far exists.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create New

I have Illustrator 2018. Whenever I click create new, I'm expecting to see the full range of canvas options, but instead it's cut off at web (instead of including Art & Illustration canvases etc.). Resizing the window still cuts it off, and sometimes it'll fit but there will be white space instead of filling the window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please get in touch with us https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Please give a reference to this post so that we can identify you.

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

19. UI bug

illustrator CC 2018 (ver. 22.0.1(64bit) / windows 10 Falls creator

UI gets 'mangled', rendering it unusable, displays 'eating' each other or disappearing or not appearing, usually starts in 'control' area. Happens after various length of time, no special event triggering it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Name layer pop up panel appears twice

On macOS 10.12.6, working with a Wacom. If you double-click on a layer to rename it and the panel pops up to rename, clicking OK doesn't get rid of the panel. It re-appears a second time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience.
    If you are still facing this issue, please get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html . Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base