Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Illustrator (Desktop) Bugs

When reporting a bug, please provide a detailed description with the following:

1. Details of your operating system and version of Adobe Illustrator (desktop)
  2. The steps you were taking when you experienced the issues
  3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Opening multi page PDF into Illustrator

My fellow employees and I refuse to upgrade to new Illustrator because we can no longer open a PDF in Illustrator and get anything but page 1. This is a critical part of our workflow, so until you fix it, we wont use it, and urge every other professional we know to resist upgrading.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Action using "save as" location not keep settings after restart of Illustrator

I created action that use the "save as" to defined location, when closing and restarting Illustrator the action doesn't save location of "save as" action.

Windows 10 pro ver. 1803

Illustrator ver. 23.0.1

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.3
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

3. some graphics missing when exporting artboard using "export as"

Hello, I am experiencing strange results during artboard export - after export to bitmap file, there is often some part of graphics missing. Latest example is this - the 1pt stroke, visible in editor, is not present on exported image. Simillar result achieved in numerous different cases, ussually some shapes or contours with white color are missing in exported image. I am includign source files, you will have the background photo link missing, but this can be replaced with any colored box with same result. This is dangerous bug, because you have to control your exports carefully, and is easy…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Resolved  ·  Ashutosh Chaturvedi responded

The white outlines in the file have Overprint attribute set. White + overprint result in empty objects, please remove overprint attribute from the white objects and try export again.

4. Can't work on a server - crashing and not saving files

I recently updated my OS to High Sierra V. 10.13.3 and have Illustrator CC18 22.0.1. I work on a server and at first, every time I tried to resave a file for the second time it would crash. Now all of a sudden I am able to save once and when I try to save the second time it says it can't and I have to save the file with a new name. It also keeps making .tmp files. If I work off of my server on my desktop this does not happen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Using the newest version of Illustrator won't let me use new files for older illustrator versions (ex: illustrator at school)

Opening Illustrator files created last night on the newer version on my home computer won't load at school on an older version of Illustrator. The files are completely missing artwork. You can see all the components on the recently opened page, but when you open the file. The artwork doesn't load.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Deborah,
    We have bumped up the file format in AI 2020 so any file created in AI 2020 is not compatible in older versions. Please do a save as Illustrator CC version before sharing the file.
    The older release should also be warning users that the file was created in a new version and will have some data loss.

Best regards,
    Ashutosh

6. missing id in exported svg

When I export the attached .ai file to svg, the result does not contain the id of the r14 rectangle.
    Before you say "well just add it in manually", please consider that this is a simplified version and that the real thing would contain dozens, even hundreds of objects.
    Note that I am not using the artboard. The idea is to use this svg to be animated by the GreenSock javascript library.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Preview in Browser" resets to Safari

"Preview in Browser" option in save for web window is resets to Safari everyday(After restart). Several times I tried selecting Google Chrome and set as default in browser menu, but chrome is getting removed from the browser menu automatically after I restart the Illustrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please contact Apple support. macOS controls the default browser setting. You can validate the default browser by double clicking any html file on your system.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base