3. Your expected result
  4. Your actual result
  5. [Optional] Upload your Illustrator file or a video
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. FreeForm Gradient point should also move on transforming Freeform Art

Today I ran into a problem with Adobe Illustrator artwork featuring some freeform gradient fills. I had a to create flipped, mirrored version of it for printing purposes (graphics would be applied sub-surface to a sign face). The problem is the freeform gradient fills wouldn't flip with the rest of the artwork. I attached a visual example of it. Using the "expand appearance" command allowed for the artwork to be flipped 180° correctly. It would be nice if I could avoid that kind of a fix.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stroke with gradient: overprinting attribute not set

When a stroke with a gradient is set to overprinting, the overprinting attribute is not set anymore when reopening the file.

Attached is a screenshot of an example.

We are using CC 2018 and CC 2017, on Mac OS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 on various machines.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

3. CC 2020 gradient tool not updating result live, only when releasing the mouse button (like in CC 2018)

In CC 2019, when using the gradient tool to apply or modify a gradient, the result of using the tool was live updated as you applied/moved it. Now in CC 2020, the tool has reverted back to how it was in CC 2018, meaning you have to let go of the mouse button to see the result. Seeing the result live saves time for me and makes it easier to get a satisfying result quicker.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 24.0.2 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

4. Neon glow

Every time I try to change the color of the Neon Glow filter, it always goes back to black. I've tried a lot of different things, but nothing works. I looked on the internet if there's a way to fix it, but seems that everyone has the same problem with Neon Glow.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 23.0.6 which is available worldwide now.

5. Pathfinder Incorrect Work

Hi!
    I have a problem with Pathfinder in new Illustrator version 24 (2020) (macOS 10.15.1). Please look at the image attached. Pathfinder doesn't cut a compound shape out of a path or another compound shape. It merges the two instead.
    It worked fine in the previous version of Illustrator.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Effects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base