When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Transform with negative numbers

It has become a real frustration when using Illustrator that I can't use negative numbers for the Transform/Move... tool or for the Transform effect. It seems like such a simple thing that I'm surprised it has not been added yet. Please address this in an upcoming update. Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Quick Solid Smooth Vector Drop Shadow

I work in the sign industry and a lot of times customers like to do a drop shadow say on a unit number like the attached file. Now if I try to achieve this using the blend tool with 1000 steps when I go to merge it crashes my computer. I need it merged to cut the decal out. So most of the time I make two copies of the image, position my shadow, merge them and take out the points needed to give it the effect. However it really sucks with curved letters and numbers and when I have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Live effects

I hate drawing comparisons between applications because I believe it's utterly unfair in most cases. This is not one of those cases. I believe wholeheartedly that we've reached a stage of computing where we can get rid of the "Preview" button in the effects panels. Let's do it. I've not seen a solid step forward in how effects are created, previewed, edited, and handled since I began using Adobe apps in CS4. Affinity is doing this. And it's buttery smooth. And I'm both jealous and confused that Adobe doesn't have this. It's the sort of thing that you remain blissfully…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pixel brushes

It would be awesome to add pixel brushes in Illustrator as well as an easy way to paint inside objects, it's really not a ideal workflow to jump to Photoshop and even working with Affter Effects to keep those textures. Maybe something like Astute's Texturino or Affinity Designer's pixel layer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Maintain graph styles when updating data (bar graph issue)

Issue with bar graphs:
    - All styling is removed when data is updated. Can you make it so it at least retains bar width and color?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Custom PPI Option for Raster Effects

I am trying to create a new document in Illustator and want 100ppi rester. Unfortunately there is no option. I remeber earlier versios used to have this option, like its even available now in PS

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Radial, Grid and Mirror Repeat should be added to Desktop version, not just iPad version

I'm not sure if this falls under effects or tools, but I've seen the videos of this feature for the ipad, and it would be really useful on the desktop version. We pay a FORTUNE for this program, and desktop users should have EVERY feature available for the iPad TABLET. Please add this in the next update.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remember Kai’s Powertools?

Is there a way you can match what that program used to do? It had a way better vector effects ability to extrude and shatter, etc vector shapes and letters. It worked way better than the 3D function Illustrator has.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. the arc effect should be applied to the clipping mask not the original object

When working with a large image that has a clipping mask, and then an arc effect is apply to the clipping mask, the effect is recognizing the large image, and it takes the dimensions of the large image to create the result. instead of focusing on the mask only.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Project Glowstick - Painting with Light

If you haven't yet watched the tech demo from this years Max, check this out!

https://youtu.be/K6rUDQpFdsk

Pleeeeeease bring this tool to illustrator. The grad tools we already have are fantastic, but this is just next level.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to create Folder-like Groups within Appearance panel and apply Opacity and effects at this Group level.

Using the Photoshop model of layer folders, provide the ability to group fills and strokes within the Appearance panel. These groups could then have opacity, effects, etc. applied at the Group level.

E.g. a complex stroke pattern could be built within a group using multiple styles, and then that pattern could be "embossed" onto another underlaying style using Overlay or Hard Light. The overall effect could then be contained within a single path and could be saved as a single Graphic Style.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multiply Glitch

Multiply effect in transparency is not working properly, it's appearing partially colored and pixelated, or object would disappear when zooming in/out.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Transform Effect with manually adjustable anchor position

The current Transform Effects has a very limited anchor position setup (that 9 squares in the bottom corner). To make a custom anchor position, we must input "horizontal" and "vertical" value manually which is very ancient.

Rotation tool with Transform Again method is an alternative when creating a mandala thingy, but it if we want to alter the shapes, we have to repeat the rotation and transformation again, which is another ancient stuff.

Adding a simple clicking right on the artboard for placing the anchor point of Transform Effects would be great. We can just set up the anchor point…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Separate "Random" checkboxes for every parameter of the transform each command and effect.

Seperate "Random" checkboxes for every parameter of the "Transform Each" command and effect.

This would allow the user, in one step, to randomize only the selected parameter, (say the vertical scale) but still transform the other parameters (maybe rotation and number of copies) uniformly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Would like to be able to entries in the Appearance Panel and perform Pathfinder functions to them. .

Example: Select 2 strokes in the appearance panel, one transformed some distance from the other, and apply the pathfinder Unite function (Fx) and have them become functionally one entry on one layer of the selected object.. This could eliminate some what are sometimes complicated procedures when outputting files to various RIP/machines/printers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects, Appearance, Graphic Styles  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Effect/Filter parity with Photoshop/Indesign/After Effects

Many of the effects in Illustrator seem to be only half implemented (in comparison to PS/AE/etc). Illustrator's glow/shadow/etc effects only have a few options compared to the same effects in other Adobe apps, which makes them less adaptable & powerful. Please beef up the effects (and add new ones, such as directional feather/gradient feather/inner shadow) in Illustrator so that they match the offerings in Adobe's other apps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3d extrude and bevel problem

Ilustrator says it does not have enough Ram for Extrude and bevel when there is enough ram. Can you stop illustrator from doing this

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. glow

the glow selection effect to be able to have some form of HARD line which is what I think most of us want to be able to put around a photo clipping so that the background and the product photo can live together. so basic a stroke setting

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base