When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

439 results found

1. Let's add Vasily Hall's name to the Ai credits?

These never get added for some reason, so I'm going to try once per day to put it up here:

As you may be aware, Illustrator has a natively build CSV-import feature for variables now. This wouldn't have come if Vasily didn't undertake the effort to create this feature as a script, 3 years prior. https://github.com/Silly-V/Adobe-Illustrator/blob/master/Variable Importer/VariableImporter.jsx

His contribution was:
    1. User research, connecting with users from all over the world to get a sense of whether anyone even wants to import CSV files and use graph variables.
    2. Naming convention syntax for visibility and graph variables.
    3. Logical mechanism…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Introduce bevel joint clamp values for strokes

Adobe's miter limit is something quite weird. I was lucky to find and bookmark this article to learn it, finally:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mswanson/2006/03/24/miter-limits-in-illustrator-and-wpf/

As you can see, AI have no tools for defining how much of a stroke would be cut when joint is beveled. I want some.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Pan tool wrap

When you pan with the mouse button/wheel held down, the panning stops when the cursor reaches the monitor edges. This forces user to release mouse, move it all the way back and re-grab it.
    In some other editors you can continue to move the pointer and it will 'wrap' around your monitor, going from the opposite side of it, until released.

Basically you can pan until you reach the end of your table.

This mode will help those who have to work at scale and pan without unzooming. Please, add it!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Where is Project Lincoln?

I notice that there isn't even an option to comment on the ridiculously archaic graphic tool in Illustrator that hasn't been updated, as much as I can remember, since the early 2000s.

WHERE IS PROJECT LINCOLN? Why is this such a black box for Adobe? Why do you not address this AT ALL?! I don't know if you've been paying attention, but there is a LOT of data going around these days and we could USE SOME @#$%ING HELP!

UPDATE THE GRAPHING FUNCTION!!!!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Additional Scripts Folder in Preferences

In the Preferences we have the ability to define an "Additional Plug-ins Folder" and that will really useful to have the same option for Scripts, specially in enterprise where you don't have the admin right.
    Plus, that will allow to easily disable the Scripts if needed.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Circles in Illustrator are not accurate

The circles in Illustrator are flawed and here's why.
    I discovered a major bug in Illustrator CC. The circles in Illustrator are not accurate. This is the case regardless of whether you use the ellipse tool or the arc tool. Make a circle. Check the dimensions to make sure it's accurate. Draw a radius line at 0º. Copy it 3 times and rotate the copies 90º,180º and 270º. When all of the copied lines are put on the center of the circle, they all touch the inner edge of the circle perfectly. However, Copy the 0º line and rotate it…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. ADD "Relink to Folder..." to the Links panel as in InDesign

We have long kept an asset folder named The__PIT that has 1 copy of every file that has ever made it through Production so that if we bring up an InDesign IDML or INDD from any time in our history, ALL links are immediately restored using "Relink to Folder...". We need this same functionality with Illustrator. I understand that InDesign is a data based software and Illustrator is not. I also see that Illustrator does retain the file name though (which, as is noted in many other similar requests, does nothing as far as selecting a match within a CC…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make guides to be like in InDesign

Certain features of the guides are very disturbing. The fact that the guides are movable in the counter intuitive directions (horizontal guides can also be moved sidewise and vice versa) create situations when "objects" are being moved out of the canvas, which prevents curtain actions. Basically, the fact that guides behave like objects is a problem. Guides always get mistakenly grouped with objects, which leads to deleting objects when attempting to delete guides. Guides are being copied with objects when objects are chosen in hide guides mode - bad news. The feature of being able to align guides with objects…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Share "Typequest" cache with Adobe applications.

Illustrator CC 2019 and InDesign CC 2019 generate "Typequest" caches in separate folders by Visual Font Browsing, but occupy the disk because each cache size is large. 
    For Japanese, the font data becomes very large.
    In the future, it is not practical to generate caches individually for other applications, so caches should be shared by applications.

(Translated to Japanese)
    Illustrator CC 2019 と InDesign CC 2019 は、ビジュアルフォント表示の ”Typequest" キャッシュを個別に作成しますが、このキャッシュサイズがとても大きく、ディスクを圧迫します。
    日本語の場合、フォントデータがとても大きくなります。
    今後、このキャッシュを Adobe アプリ全体で共通利用させ、個別に作成しないようにしてほしい。

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix bugs and add requested features

Instead of adding new features that nobody has really asked for, how about using resources to add the features ACTUALLY REQUESTED HERE and fix the bugs WIDELY REPORTED HERE?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make the new "Properties" panel optional.

The idea of the properties panel is nice, but it should be customizable. For example, the four pathfinder tools that come up when more than one object is selected aren't the main four that I use, so it would be nice to be able to switch out the default four that pop up.

It would also be nice if there were a way to not use the new properties panel, and be able to switch in the windows drop down menu to using the old properties panel that is in the top bar across the screen. I don't love the…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Keyboard shortcut to hide/show selected Layer

Option to assigne a keyboard shortcut for hide/show selected layer. Currently you have to click on the eye icon, which is pretty cumbersome. (for eg Photoshop has this feature, I think).

(I'm on a project where you need to trace this huge sketch with ready made elements and so toggle layer visibility is a fast way to see how things are aligning.) Cheers!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The Dimension Tool needs to have live updates

I like the new dimension tool, but it's not very helpful unless it updates the displayed dimensions when the size of the dimensioned object is changed. It should stay attached to the selected points when the size of the shape is changed as well.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Beta 28.4.0.7 now create live dimension objects, that track and follow the changes to the measured objects: resizing, rotating, moving...

As for now, moving only dimension breaks the link and expands the dimension (hopefully will change, and break the link only).

Moving an object with its related dimension currently expand the dimension as well (hopefully won’t do it either).

Please test the change and share feedback — it helps a lot!

14. Illustrator (BETA) for Apple Silicon is here!

We are excited to announce the first Beta release of Illustrator running natively on Apple Silicon hardware!

This early version of Illustrator for Apple Silicon offers many of the core features that you've come to rely on for your day-to-day needs. Please give it a try. We would love to hear your feedback.

You can download this Beta through the Creative Cloud Desktop app's Beta Apps section. Look for 25.3.1 version. If you do not see the build, send me your Adobe ID at kotwal at Adobe dot com

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Do not silently turn on "Turn off data recovery for complex documents"

I feel great sadness typing this. The whole auto save feature is intended to quietly SAVE stuff if Illustrator goes belly up. This is extra valid for complex documents. Why ON EARTH would Illustrator silently turn off this feature for the VERY DOCUMENTS it is designed for?

Please: notify a user if Illustrator, for any reason, decides to mess with the autosave feature. But mostly just don't turn it off if a user has it turned on. Just don't.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove survey requests from app

Give users some way to disable in-app survey request popups. Simply clicking the X does NOT prevent it from popping up again in the future.

How about moving this request out of the program so it doesn't appear during a long, automated batch operation for example (and can't be dismissed BTW). Adobe has our email addresses, just send the request there. OR move survey notifications to the CC Desktop App. That's a nice central location that does not impinge on production activities in any of the apps.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can't edit simultaneously two several selected fills in Appearance

AI allows to select several fills in Appearance, but you can only delete or duplicate them then.
    If I select two fills with Shift+click, for example, and try to apply new swatch, it would be applied to first selected fill only. If I try to add effect — it would be applied not to both, but selected only again.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please improve support for copy & pasting from Animate CC!

I use Animate CC to animate, but Illustrator's drawing tools are VASTLY better — so I always design everything in Illustrator then import to Animate CC. Undoubtedly, the Animate CC team is responsible for some of the incompatibility here, and you would know better than I where their work ends and yours begins BUT…

The single most frustrating thing about working with Illustrator and Animate CC is that you can copy/cut vector shapes from Illustrator and paste them INTO Animate CC… but if you try to do the reverse — to, say, edit a shape using Illustrator's tools because they're…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New Document dialog should not be so slow to appear or react to input

Creating a new doc via the keyboard is so slow that several other commands can unwittingly be executed before the dialog/settings panel appears. The fact that this clunky panel was introduced relatively recently as a "feature" is even more irritating.

Alternately provide an option to create a new document from default or current settings so that I can adjust it later when I need to.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to allow to group a single group, making it nested

Sometimes we need to group a group. For example, for complex appearances, to nest graphics styles.
    But Illustrator does not allow that — and in most cases it’s a proper cautious behavior. But perhaps it can be toggled somewhere?

So far we have two workarounds for this.
    1. Create a dummy object, select both it and the group you want to 'wrap', group them together, delete the dummy object.
    2. Use a script 'Add Group Anyway': https://onthehead.com/ais/group003/ (it also can pull children form different groups into a new one — which is a thing we want too).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base