When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cluster nudges as one "move" for undoing

In Photoshop, when a user nudges an object by holding down an arrow key for an interval of time, PS clusters that series of nudges as one "move". Then the user can undo all of the nudges at once with one "Undo move" command in the History panel. Since Illy doesn't have a History panel (and why is there no History panel? Don't like it, don't use it.), it's impossible to undo all of the nudges with one "Undo". Please make Illy treat nudges like PS does.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. .png bug

.png was exported from adobe photoshop and imported to Illustrator. This bug happens quite regularly. If it's not a bug, please help me to fix this problem. Thanks :D

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ability to escape when Illustrator "hangs"

Please give one the ability to get out of a "hang" without force quitting the app. Escape key would be a great place!

Please consider.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Criar um histórico de ações, igual ao photoshop.

Poderíamos ter um histórico de ações igual ao Photoshop. Desta forma conseguiríamos selecionar ações específicas para voltar, ao invés de ficarmos dependentes do "Ctrl + Z'.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add the Make Compound Path icon back to the properties panel

A couple years ago, there was an icon (below the pathfinder tools) that appeared in the properties panel when you had multiple items selected - Make Compound Path. A subsequent update removed that tool from the properties panel. Release compound path is still available right there in the properties when the selected object happens to be a compound path. Some people suggest just using the pathfinder Union to make a compound path, but it's definitely not the same thing as making a compound path (pathfinder union on non-connected items makes a group, not a true compound path - they're not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Pan and zoom on multipul artboard at once

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to locate and zoom all open windows at the same time in illustrator. Like in compare window in lightroom. When you zoom and pan over the image, it helps you compare and spot the difference. I am in packaging and sometimes i am using the same diecut and artwork, but different product. i would love to pan and zoom over the artworks on multiple windows to compare and spot the difference.

Jonathan

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Display resolution - custom field in Document Setup and the links panel.

Display resolution should be a custom field in Document Setup and the Links panel, and should set the default scaling of placed images in the document.

Right now, linked or embedded 'RasterItems' have a default scaling resolution of 72ppi, and you can't change it. But 72ppi is an anachronism, it doesn't reflect most use cases.

The impact is that placed images appear in the document much too large, and it wastes a lot of extra clicks to resize placed images. That could all be avoided if there was a simple way to change the default display resolution to match the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stroke on photos

It seems that you can't place a stroke on a photo anymore without going through a 5 step process. I don't know if this is a glitch or on purpose but please bring back the other feature where you can place a stroke just by increasing the stroke width and changing the color

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I loathe this 2021 update

There are so many issues with this update. I'm not even sure where to start. Functions that were always present are now gone. This is seriously messing with my speed and efficiency. What a mess!

Where did the free transform function go? When I'm using the selection/direct selection tools, the anchor points for resizing are gone. PUT THEM BACK!

Key commands aren't working properly. Example: Command C > command F should paste in place, but NOT duplicate. I've spend stupid amounts of time trying to figure out why the **** I have extra boxes.

There are more, but these are…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cloud-based Review like InDesign - Brilliant!

The latest version of InDesign has one of the best features (new?) that I have come across in a very long time. I'm actually excited about it!

It is the share for review feature. This is a huge game-changer for in terms of controlling proofing and review.

I use Illustrator to create large format text panels, and this exact process would be amazing to have as well.

I am not aware of anything in Illustrator that allows this same type of collaboration. Perhaps it is there but I do not know of it?

With the move to more online PDF…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mobile Banking to Pay for Illustrator & Reduced fees based on country specific financial status.

Countries like Bangladesh faces a situation where using cracks is the standard practice. And as a Bangladeshi I would like to put two requests:

1. Reduce prices depending on geocultural financial status. In Bangladesh, 4$ - 5$ would be a standard price.

2. Keep options of using local mobile banking services to pay for adobe subscriptions. In Bangladesh the most popular is "Bkash".

If you consider my suggestions, your revenue would increase for sure. And people like me would not be forced to use *****.
    Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Send proof to customer

We proof every item to customers before printing. It would be great if there was a tool to send a proof that could be approved through all common design programs. Giving the customer the ability to submit for changes and do a final approval before the job goes to print.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tutoriales con subtítulos en espanol

Podrían agregar subtítulos en español a los tutoriales de las aplicaciones. Tienen varios idiomas y no se por qué no agregan el español.
    Es posible que puedan agregar los subtítulos en español
    Gracias

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add URLs to objects in PDFs

Have the same functionality as InDesigner, where you can sign URLs to objects, making them interactive in PDF format. The current workaround of opening and adding the link in Acrobat isn't good enough - if you need to edit the illustrator file you then have to re-add all of the links!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Select Options Panel (available within workspace view)

While working on complex illustrations I find myself frequently needing to switch the 'SELECT OBJECT BY PATH ONLY' option off and on.

It would be hugely helpful if a 'SELECT OPTIONS' panel was available directly within the workspace.

Alternatively, a preference which offers 'SELECT IGNORES DROP-SHADOWS' would make life so much easier too. Quite often it's necessary to select an object by its fill rather the the path. Problem is, drop shadows of nearby objects keep getting in the way.

Only option is to lock objects or layers... this can be extremely frustrating when you need to lock and unlock…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. サブレイヤー

お世話になります。
    いつも仕事で使わせていただいております。

先日、複雑なデータをグループ化した際、あったものが消えてなくなるという不具合が発生し、危うくミスになるところでした。
    調べたところ、サブレイヤーが使われており、グループ化することによりオブジェクトが最背面へ移動し、なくなってしまったということが分かりました。現在は、どうしてもグループ化しなくてはならないときは「レイヤーを統合」してグループ化するなどして対策していますが、ネット上でも不具合として話題になっているようなので、グループ化する、マスクをかける、などによりあったものがなくなってしまうようなとき(重なり順が変わる時)にはアラートでお知らせいただければこのような事故が減るしありがたいな、と思いました。
    どうぞよろしくお願いします。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. App icons

Can you please update the icons for your apps (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, etc.) to a new design and color scheme? I do NOT like the same colors for the icons that 2020/2021 versions use. I'm forced to find replacement icons for your apps. At least include some alternative icons for your products.
    Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. nombre a mesas de trabajo urgente

por favor seria genial a las mesas de trabajo poner nombre que ya lo hace
    pero en agregar en enlaces o en mesas de trabajo buscar por el nombre
    ya que tengo un archivo que uso constantemente y tengo que ir una por una buscando ya que son mas de 200 mesas de trabajo y seria genial buscar por nombre .....voten

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. All adobe packages should keep automatic timetracking per new file

Every designer or design company needs to keep his timetracking in order. Instead of second guessing or manually entering timetracking data in an external file all adobe products should keep active time per file/document.

Active time meaning the file is open and you are working inside it and not just counting standby time as well. Because with each change you keep a history, you could watch the history, if the history is changing adobe updates the timetracking for that file. You measure the time between two active periods. If the history is not changing during the last 10 minutes or…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Embed locked photos + objects ( without unlocking them first )

Currently, we must unlock an image before embedding it. An example workflow where this in inconvenient is if I am preparing a doc for sharing and I would like to embed all images in a file for convenience. Or perhaps I have many small linked files that I want to embed for ease, like a complex illustration with many bitmaps.
    Currently I do this:
    1/I select all images in my links palette.
    2/ click embed
    3/ receive alert that AI won't embed any locked images. (either I prefer them locked or I locked and forgot)
    4/ I unlock all images.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base