When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 'Use preview bounds' option for symbols

AI allows to 'Use preview bounds' — to count in stroke's weight in artwork's size.
    I rarely use it, but I can always turn it off, like I do in screencast attached.

But when I decide to turn my artwork to symbol, I'm limited to only one option — stroke is counted in ALWAYS. This is very inconvenient for some design tasks.

I would like to have an option anywhere to change this behavior.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Font identification

Provide an automated routine to identify fonts that were converted to outlines, or that are in a bitmap format.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. master page

it would be great if illustrator had a master page like indesign.
    for us who design more then one page for client proofs.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. New Document dialog should not be so slow to appear or react to input

Creating a new doc via the keyboard is so slow that several other commands can unwittingly be executed before the dialog/settings panel appears. The fact that this clunky panel was introduced relatively recently as a "feature" is even more irritating.

Alternately provide an option to create a new document from default or current settings so that I can adjust it later when I need to.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Infinite Canvas

I find myself using more and more Figma to brainstorm and create my designs as I have a single document containing all of my visual explorations.

For print assets I go back to Illustrator and create the final file, but I reallly wish I could have done it all in illustrator. So just removing the canvas limit.
    Not artboards or number of something -> just being able to spread and spread your ideas in the same place.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. get rid of these garbage product tour popup windows

No one is going to use these lame tour popup videos-- people google for solutions. Either get rid of them or have them off by default

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show missing link path/locations like InDesign. (To make relinking an image simple)

In the Link Panel - Indesign shows the file path for placed images and links (even when missing or embedded). In Illustrator's Link panel these path/locations are greyed out with no text, thus making finding a missing file purely guess work. Can the Indesign Links Panel be directly replicated to Illustrator so absolutely the same? Cheers

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Assign a key to toggle from align to object to align artboard

It would be quicker for my workflow if I could have a way to toggle align to object to align artboard.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create a collaborative editing mode

It would be incredibly useful having an editing mode where you can edit your documents in real time with other people. That would be very interesting, as collaborative work is really necessary for many projects nowadays.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Introduce bevel joint clamp values for strokes

Adobe's miter limit is something quite weird. I was lucky to find and bookmark this article to learn it, finally:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mswanson/2006/03/24/miter-limits-in-illustrator-and-wpf/

As you can see, AI have no tools for defining how much of a stroke would be cut when joint is beveled. I want some.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Copy the style of stroke when using eyedropper tool

When I use the eyedropper tool on a stroke with arrowhead, the full style does not get copied - only color and weight (not arrowhead). I think it is expected for the arrowhead to get copied too, just like the color AND font get copied when you use the eyedropper tool on text.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. edit color of text in symbol instance

I think it should be possible to edit the color of text in a dynamic symbol instance, just like it possible to change the color fill of any other element

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. find font

When finding lost fonts or replacing fonts can you PLEASE let AI change/replace fonts that are hidden or on a locked layer. Or at least give us an option to.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Illustrator (BETA) for Apple Silicon is here!

We are excited to announce the first Beta release of Illustrator running natively on Apple Silicon hardware!

This early version of Illustrator for Apple Silicon offers many of the core features that you've come to rely on for your day-to-day needs. Please give it a try. We would love to hear your feedback.

You can download this Beta through the Creative Cloud Desktop app's Beta Apps section. Look for 25.3.1 version. If you do not see the build, send me your Adobe ID at kotwal at Adobe dot com

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Done (In Beta)  ·  18 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Global Edit in Isolation mode

Global edit is very powerful but not a fully realized feature.
    Many things are missing from it (like this one: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/35768314-create-symbols-from-global-edit)

Another one is that the Global Edit button is completely missing when you are in isolation mode. So instead of entering a group and editing similar objects only in this particular group, we are forced to lock similar objects manually (because GE won’t allow to do it), EXIT the isolation mode, start GE and edit found similar-s with everything else NOT isolated (which obstructs editing).

Let me provide a practical example I am working on. I have several…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. the option "History", as in Photoshop; In photoshop.

The new illustration update, should have the option "History", as in Photoshop. I was just working on a design and really needed that tool, but as it was, it took me another hour doing everything again. Please, it would be a very useful tool in Illustrator.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Do not silently turn on "Turn off data recovery for complex documents"

I feel great sadness typing this. The whole auto save feature is intended to quietly SAVE stuff if Illustrator goes belly up. This is extra valid for complex documents. Why ON EARTH would Illustrator silently turn off this feature for the VERY DOCUMENTS it is designed for?

Please: notify a user if Illustrator, for any reason, decides to mess with the autosave feature. But mostly just don't turn it off if a user has it turned on. Just don't.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Magic wand tolerance default should be zero 0

********** tolerance should be zero by default. For fill colors, I never use it on anything but 0. For strokes I use tolerance of 0 about 90% of the time. Pro users are generally using spots, global process colors or simply eyedrop+fill when working so there is rarely a need for selecting a "range of colors/shades" especially as wide as 32. In AI, this tool is used differently than Photoshop.
    Or perhaps default tool tolerances could be part of a user preference?setting/workspace. (Along with setting default color swatches to HSB sliders)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Count objects

Count objects when using Select-->Same, Select-->Object, and "Start editing similar shapes together" commands. Sometimes "Start editing similar shapes together" does not select all similar shapes; therefore, an edit made using this feature may not edit all similar shapes, unbeknownst to the user. However, if I know how many shapes I have, then I can confirm that all shapes are selected when using these commands throughout the editing process. This is valuable because confirming the count of selections builds confidence that edits are made to all objects. Likewise, it also saves the editor time by mitigating the need to count all…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Gradient “easing” / bezier curve control for color stops

Any work that utilizes gradients in Illustrator would benefit greatly from the addition of the ability to manually control/adjust the bezier curves of the gradients’ color stops.

The specifics of how this works are discussed here: https://larsenwork.com/easing-gradients/

Ultimately, this level of control allows for significantly more pleasing and subtle gradients. Relying on midpoints to adjust gradients ultimately results in very obviously visual “steps” from one color stop to the next.

I’ve attached a video demonstrating the easing function, as well as a before and after image to illustrate its effect.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base