When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a calculator panel!

A simple calculator panel to basic math. This would be great in ALL Adobe products, in fact.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Standardize Illustrator interfaces, tool boxes, panels AND shortcuts like CMD-H with indesign, photoshop !

CMD-H should be HIDE ILLUSTRATOR -- it is so fricking annoying that this is not fixed yet. Really inefficient and time wasting that it is not. What is up w/ you guys -- especially the mac os x interfaces/panels/etc. Read up much on UX for macs? sheesh. this is a hateful (lack of) feature you have devised (or not employed). Ridiculous it is not fixed after all these versions since it once worked -- like the other adobe apps.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep items selectioned/highlighted visually apparent for efficient editing/manipulating

In CC2017 the element(s) highlighted do not remain “visually” highlighted, nor do the guides. I can highlight several thing — text, boxes, guide — and I want to be able to see what is highlighted and move them with my arrow keys. It’s very disconcerting to use the direct selection tool, click on something (highlight it) and when I ,move away from that item it no longer looks visually highlighted. When I am working on complex charts/graphs/figures I need to be able to see everything I highlighted/selected as I am moving or editing them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make a quick-key or toggle for “Scale stokes & Effects “

I find myself diving into Preferences to toggle this setting on & off many, many times. I’d love to be able to toggle it with a keystroke.

Thank you.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adding more brushes to the touch workspace...

I would like to be able to change my brush style while I'm working in the touch workspace. I can go into the essentials workspace and it reverts back to a simple brush when you change back to the touch workspace. It's extremely frustrating. Other programs can use other brushes and change layers, so it makes using Illustrator for drawing very difficult.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Photoshop & Illustrator - still no visual keyboard shortcut window???

I just read that for its impending Fall update, After Effects CC 2017 is finally getting a visual keyboard shortcuts editor window like Premiere and Audition already have. Does anyone know whether Photoshop and Illustrator will be updated with this type of window as well? It would be so great to be able to make our own keyboard shortcuts in these programs the way we can in Premiere with an easily searchable visual keyboard window.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow for multiple instances of the same window to be open simultaneously

Currently, only one window of a kind can be open but there is benefit of allowing more. For example, I switch between RGB and HSB colours constantly when working. Being able to have two color windows at the same time, one set to RGB and the other HSB, would save thousands of clicks.

I'm sure there are many more benefits to enabling this option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Select objects on layer panel by CTRL Dragging on circle icon

In older versions of Illustrator you could go to the layer panel and CTR L / CMD drag on the circle icons to select multiple objects really fast. Would love to have this back as it wasn't replaced with anything else and a lot of times I need to select objects on the layer panel and not the canvas.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Resize ruler for Illustrator

I know Illustrator has the 'For High PPI Displays . . .' option for higher scale factors but, that is reliant on the OS custom graphic scaling.

1 - Either allow for custom/pre-set ruler size or
    2 - Make it like Photoshop.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Constraint needed on 'Transform Each'

Please add an option to constrain the horizontal and vertical values when scaling objects using 'Transform Each'.

I almost always use 'Transform Each' to scale proportionally, and right now you have to manually set horizontal and vertical to the same value.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. layer palette

In a previous edition of Ai, when in the layers palette and having a layer with no content, the thumbnail square didn't have an outline. Now it has an outline and leads you to believe there is content there.

Why did you change it? Leave it without an outline so you can delete it without the extra steps of looking for content you might not see (being white) or want to delete.

I feel both Adobe and Apple make changes just to makes changes and justify someone's job. I really resent the accumulation of constant unnecessary changes and this is…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Easy portability of customization

I really want easier customization portability in AI.
    Workspaces and Keyboard Shorts specifically.
    I'd love to be able to use any computer and just by signing into CC have these come along.
    And if not that at least a far more straight forward/intuitive method of moving them from one computer to another and from one version to the next.
    It literally takes me a half hour to set things up as I like if I have to do it from first principles (and longer for keyboard shortcuts — I usually don't even know what I have until I try and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Copy parts from multiple layers into multiple layers

I work with a lot of parts that I need to keep separated for output. A simple example is a complex, compound shape with 20 elements. I have 10 on a "cut" layer and 10 on a "print" layer. If I copy and paste them, I can only paste them into one layer. I might want them to go back into the same layers or into 2 new layers. I never want them in the same layer. I now have to go in and separate them all into the proper layers.

This is important because the layers tell our output…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Customize Illustrator Menu

You've added all sorts of stuff to Ai menu that I don't use.
    Let us remove Bridge, Stock icons, GPU from topmenu.

I'd love to edit the left toolbar as well.

Thanks,
    -e

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A hotkey to make the Transform tool only transform fill patterns.

When dragging with the selection or direct selection tools, or using the rotate, and scale tools to transform an object, you can hold down ~ to only transform its pattern fill. But the free transform tool doesn’t do this. Can we get it to do this?

(As with the rotate, scale, and selection tools, holding down the other modifier keys whole holding down ~ should act as they normally do with the Transform tool.)

There is a ‘transform pattern only’ option in the free transform panel’s menu, but that’s a lot of clicks far away from the thing you’re actively…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Assignable keyboard shortcuts for EVERYTHING.

In the 'keyboard shortcuts' dialogue, I would like to have a section that contains the flyout menu items and buttons of every palette.

Ideally this would be automatically populated when a palette is created, so that palettes created by 3rd-party plugins would be able to take advantage of this without a new version.

Currently there is an 'other panels' section in the assignable menu commands that lets you assign keystrokes to ten seemingly-arbitrary palette menu items. I'd love to see a ton more choices there. No need for default shortcuts; this is a way for power users to pick exactly…

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. set quadrant on the XY axis to be positive numbers

Given option in preferences where you can select which quadrant on the XY axis you wish to have as positive numbers.

As someone who uses InDesign the most coming to illustrator Is always disorienting because even when you move the axis to the upper left-hand corner the quadrant of the XY axis on the artboard coordinates are in the negative digits.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. macOS Fullscreen

Hi, please add macOS fullscreen support.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 'Tab' and 'Shift-Tab' to navigate when renaming Assets

Issue:
    While renaming assets in the Asset palette there's currently no way to move to the next or previous asset using the keyboard. When there are a large number of assets this makes for a tedious process.

Goal:
    Allow the renaming of multiple assets without having to use the mouse

Suggested Solution:
    Utilize 'Tab' / 'Shift-Tab' keys to navigate to the next / previous assets, e.g. how renaming layers works in Photoshop.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Custom layer colors, layer 5 yellow is killing me

Can i please change the default layer colors so that layer 5 is not always yellow? I set up files all day long and yellow on white is ******* the eyes, would love to be able to set a default layer color for the first 5 or six new layers. Thank you.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback. The color yellow has been removed altogether as a layer color, and has been replaced by Magenta color for Layer 5. This functionality is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base